Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2010 5:48:09 PM PST
Which is better fullscreen or widescreen. Do not have a huge tv.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 11:29:12 PM PST
I'd like to know this too.......I think fullscreen is better if you don't have
a big plasma screen. Widescreen reduces the picture to a "letter box"
thin image on an ordinary tv...yes?

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 1:56:35 PM PST
Mixalis says:
You don't have to have a big plasma screen but, because of the letterbox format, bigger is better when choosing widescreen. With widescreen you get the same image you got at the theater; full screen cuts off the edges. It's also a matter of personal taste and whether or not the "box" of the letterbox bothers you.

Posted on Dec 30, 2010 1:00:45 PM PST
Well, with fullscreen, it is what is sounds, the movie fills up the whole T.V. With widescreen the movie sort of "stretches out". Sometimes, characters and scenes might be cut out because of this. Widescreen is when there are "two black bars" in the movie, with the image in the middle. Personally, I like full screen because I'm able to see the entire movie, but really its up to what your taste is. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2011 7:05:44 PM PST
jessica,
you have it backwards.... the original shape of the movie is wide screen, just like in the theatres.
when you watch the movie on a full screen (almost square) screen, they cut the image and you lost the left and right sides of the original image. in some cases, you are losing close to 50% of the image! you will sometimes see a message saying "this movie has been formatted to fit a tv screen).. this means, chop off the left and right of the image.

full screen = no black bars on a non-wide screen tv, but missing a lot of details from the left and right of the main action.
wide screen = entire move (image), but black bars on a non-wide screen tv.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about