Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wonka Lik-m-aid Fun Dip Candy (48 pcs. per unit, 1.5 lb.) Fat-free.
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 3, 2013
The world has changed since junior high school. The world is terrifying. Syria, KONY 2012, Revolution in Egypt, the economy, my suddenly useless college degree... the future I was promised by my baby-boomer parents has gone down the crapper and I am frightened. My only hope for the future lies in technology, but until we transcend the limitations of our suffering planet and failing bodies what is left?
Nostalgia.

In a fit of confusion and yearning for succor, I ordered this case of 48 Assorted Fun Dip. I waited somewhat impatiently for it to arrive, but when it did, I was ready. Inside the ubiquitous and sturdy Amazon box this pack of 48 Assorted Fun Dip was wrapped in only a thin, soft plastic wrap, as if ready to display in the candy shop I always wanted to own. The heady aroma of immortal sugar and cherry flavoring was already filling the Amazon box. I don't know how the delivery-person didn't succumb to it, but I suggest they be given a raise for resisting.

As soon as I punctured the plastic wrap the cloud of sugary aroma enveloped me and I was immediately swallowed into a stupor, a dream of 1996, eating Fun Dip by the community pool in my childhood town in Ohio. The burning summer sun, the burn of chlorine up my nose, and a Fun Dip paper envelope growing soggy in my pool-soaked hand as I reveled smugly in the thought that my tongue was going to be blue after the raspberry-apple Fun Dip.
The Fun Dip of my poolside childhood was a triple flavor, cherry, grape and raspberry-apple, and this case contains only single packs of blue and red. No grape is to be found here at all. However, grape aside, the two flavors present are faithful representatives of their heritage.

Now that I live very, very far from my parents, there is nobody here to tell me I can't eat a whole fistful of Fun Dips all by myself in one sitting. This would probably be a good way to spend your afternoon, so I recommend it. However, I chose to fire up the dusty PS2 and play Final Fantasy 7 again while eating these. I felt soothed, transported to a simpler time, when I thought high school kids were really cool, when I still had my Jncos, when Metallica was still awesome.

I recommend this product, and with 48 little packets in the box, there are just enough to share with a friend.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
My girlfriend is obsessed with this stuff. I bought her this hoping it would last the month. Dunno how she's still alive but it only took her two days or so to get through. Needless to say, she loves it.
on July 7, 2014
Drunk order one night, Completely forgot.

Got them in, super happy with my new present I had no idea about.

Opened them...
I came buckets. Thank you drunk mind for taking me back to my childhood.
on April 22, 2014
I usually put two or three of these pouches in a bowl, lap it up like I'm a cat drinking milk, and save that blissfully sugary stick for last. I'm probably going to adopt pancreatic cancer later in life, but it will all have been worth it if I can just enjoy a few more of those wonderful white rods of happiness. And the sugar. The SUGAR.

K Done Thx bye
on February 23, 2012
I love the candy fun dip, but buy it elsewhere (oriental trading co.) they have cheaper prices like 10 dollars for 96 packs.
on February 4, 2014
I'm a "grown up" who loves Fun Dip! I have a large stash of this stuff and my friends and family all make fun of me for it. I enjoy taking a couple packets the movies, it breaks up the monotony of the salty buttery popcorn.
on June 16, 2014
This is my grown daughter's favorite treat, but it is no longer sold in most stores. I was thrilled to find it sold on Amazon and it was a fun gift to give to my daughter. The price was excellent as was the quality of the candy. My daughter was thrilled.
on April 25, 2010
$6 for a 50 packs is a great deal. at 7-11 its a dollor a 1 pack
on November 10, 2015
Ahhh, Fun Dip! It's childhood in individual candy pouches! Now don't mistake - I love myself some Lindt chocolate, but there's something about this candy treat that instantly brings back hot summer afternoons, when I would ride my bike to Luigi's corner store and peruse the penny candy aisle, trying to decide how best to spend my $2.00. Necco wafers, Bubble Yum, Za-Rex Fruit Stripe, Big Red, Bazooka, Smarties, Tootsie Rolls, Candy Necklaces, Sugar Babies, Mike & Ike, Hot Tamales, Chicklets, Zots, Good & Fruity, Good & Plenty, Pixie Stix, Tart 'n Tinys, Atomic Fire Balls, Pez, Red Vines, Root Beer Barrels, Satellite Wafers - the list goes on, and it was all there! But while my choices varied from visit to visit, there was one constant: Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip. I never left without at least one of the three-flavor packets in my bag, which I jealously hid from my younger siblings. Thrilled that I am able to purchase these in bulk, so that sharing with my husband and son is never an issue. Wish that the grape flavor was also included, but still very satisfied with these.
on June 10, 2014
Who doesn't love the magical Willy Wonka stories? These Wonka Lik-m-aid Fun Dip packs are marketed with those things in mind. These 48 packets of sweet/tart sugary powder on one side, sweet slightly vanilla flavored dipping "stick" on the other, went up in smoke when I served them to kids at a party.
Some of the adults gave them a try too and really enjoyed the nostalgia.

These are intended to be consumed by licking the sticks and using the moistened stick to collect some of the sugar.

Each packet is 50 calories

There are two flavors in this box:
RazzApple & Cherry Yum Diddly

I recommend these to anyone looking for a fun, affordable candy!