Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

Lightweight stencils, made from a laminated cardstock. A nice variety of designs to choose from. Will stand up to tracing with pen/pencil/marker for a long time, will stand up to wet media/painting many times with careful handling. Not detailed, allowing you to easily stencil the shape - then add your own details. Works well for fabric painting, which is why I bought several of these little stencil books. (Native American Masks, Southwest Indian, Egyptian Symbols, & African Design.)

Good to use with kids - the lack of fine details keeps younger kids from getting frustrated. Will last much longer if kept dry - but you can definitely get multiple uses with paint, etc. (By multiple, depending on how wet you get the stencils, I would guess at least 20 uses.) A good buy - but don't expect the "normal" plastic stencils, realize these are laminated cardstock. Knowing that should relieve any disappointment. :)
on July 26, 2014
A quick and easy way to paint Egyptian designs, I got this for my students' use in art classes I teach. I have many sets of these mini stencils by Dover, they are a great price and they are pretty sturdy, with a glossy coating, and last a long time. I use a stencil brush and tap the paint over the stencil, and onto paper or fabric. (Different areas of the stencil can be masked off easily if several colors will be used on the design - in fact I cut the shapes for masking out of index cards, and then coat the back with repositionable glue (this is a glue stick that makes your paper into a "post-it" type note. I use the Removable Restickable Glue Stick, .49oz, Repositionable Stick, which is available on Amazon.)
on May 19, 2016
I was very disappointed to receive what was supposed to be a new book and see that the stencils were all punched out. Clearly they were not supposed to be as there were some that were and some that were not. Or I guess, conversely they all should have been punched out? The cover corner looks a bit ragged as well.

This was cheap. The stencils can still be used. So, I guess OK. I am not certain I would purchase a similar item again.
on May 31, 2011
This little package is great, and gets a 5 star for affordability and interest. Could use a little more on the descriptive side, but we did order a second book to cover this side. It is also for kids, so really not a 4, more a 4.5.

For $1.50, in za cart it goes.
on July 19, 2015
The stencils are a bit flimsier than I expected. Two of the small paper connections ripped the first time I used the stencils with summer camp kids. I will get them laminated before we use them again. These stencils are a great deal for the price, though I would gladly pay double or triple for plastic pages instead of just paper.
on April 16, 2014
Great book and it has a good number of stencils. I didn't realize that the books are only about 4X6 inches, but the quality is good enough that I don't mind. Each page is a different color and made in glossy finished card stock. All in all, I think this book of stencils is really cute. The recipients should really have fun creating projects with it...
on June 28, 2012
Bought every one of these little books that were available. They are small, about 1/4 the size of a standard sheet of paper. The inside is medium weight card stock and each page has one stencil. There are maybe 8 to 10 pages of stencils based on the book's theme in each book. Wouldn't use for a painting project, but I'm planning to turn them into fabric applique designs, and they will be perfect for that use.
on March 30, 2010
Very nice stencils, you get quite a few with the book. I used them with spray fabric paint to decorate t-shirts, and they did very well - they were easy to wipe off after each use.
These were just what I was looking for to create a unique art project. Price is perfect, stencils are thick and easy to trace. I am sure we'll use them again and again.
on January 12, 2016
Great for kids grade K - 4. Used for a school project.