Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 31, 2004
If you have any knowledge of Vegas, don't waste your money on this book. If you are looking for a book that will tell you the best places to stay with kids, or restaurants to go to, or activities to do, like I was, -- again don't waste your money on this book.
Instead of giving the reader a list of best hotels, restaurants, etc. it has something good to say about every place. Every hotel reads like a page out of the hotel brochure. I was thouroughly disapointed. I can honestly say I did not learn one thing from this rather short and dry book.
Also, watch some Travel channel specials.
If you need a book, the best I have read so far has been
"The Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas"
on March 25, 2002
I think what I love about this book is Goya's sheer love of her subject matter. Her lightheartedness easily shines in her writing style that informs us so much about Las Vegas (but never gets bogged down in needless detail). I guarantee you, this book is worthwhile for anyone with an interest for roaming outside our city limits.
on March 2, 2002
This book is a great way to find experiences in Las Vegas inside and outside of the casinos. There are lots of suggestions for fun things to do when gambling wears off, or the kids (or you) need more interesting activities. Our children are grown with kids of their own, but we like the book for suggestions for us. You don't need kids to get a lot of value out of the book. The writing style is personal, humorous and fun. One of the best travel books I've ever read. The organization makes it easy to read from cove to cover, or to jump to a specific interest. If you are headed to Las Vegas you need this book.
on March 24, 2002
I live in Phoenix and my wife and I found this book very handy on our last trip with "the kids" - we've got four of 'em. I like Lynn Goya's lighthearted writing style and she did a good job of finding some great spots in Vegas that our whole family enjoyed. The only drawback is that I felt she could have touched on some more getaway trips just outside the city limits, but hey, that's being too persnickity! Really, this is the ideal book if you want to take your family on a vacation to sin city.
on July 3, 2003
Can't say it enough. If you have kids, this book is a must have. Everything to do and see, locations, prices - it's all here. I let the kids choose what they wanted, mapped it out, and we're on our way. For kids of all ages!!
on February 10, 2002
I Have 5 kids.. Every time i come, i will be using this book!!!!