5.0 out of 5 stars Really, REALLY Funny Stuff!
For the record, I will have the image of a car being violated by a giant chicken in my head for the rest of my natural life! Wow! This movie is a riot -- I only wish my high school Halloween memories were half as good as this!

Published 17 months ago by J. Arena

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your time
the plot was inane, the acting worse. Do not waste your time with this awful movie. My wife and I kept thinking it would get better but it just got worse.
Published 14 months ago by Allen Saltzman

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, REALLY Funny Stuff!, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Fun Size (DVD)

Take my word for it, if you are looking for an any-time-of-year Halloween laugh fest, don't miss Fun Size. The cast is totally cute and funny (I ADORE Chelsea Handler), the costumes made me want to throw a party RIGHT NOW, and every single scene has lots to laugh at.

Don't miss this movie!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie!, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Fun Size (DVD)
This is an excellent movie starring Victorious.I liked Chelsea Handler especially.And I also like the one that played the little brother.I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes Victoria Justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has All The Trappings, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Fun Size (Amazon Instant Video)
Could be a slept on classic in the future. The characters are memorable, real, and hilarious. I will definitely watch it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining movie. Pretty funny., July 2, 2014
Chris Rodriguez (Fort Worth, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fun Size (Amazon Instant Video)
LMAO! I cannot believe I enjoyed this movie as much as I did. Not for kids under 13 in my opinion, but still a very entertaining movie! I was really only expecting it to be an okay movie, but it was better than just okay! Give it a chance and watch the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Movie, March 24, 2013
A. Mendez (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fun Size (Amazon Instant Video)
Very good movie for a fun watch. The cast is very good and the movie moves at a good pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Funny, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Fun Size (DVD)
I was looking for something funny and new on Netflix and I found fun size. As soon as it started I loved it I watched it about 8 more times after that I knew I had to buy it on dvd. I've seen a lot of bad reviews on Netflix and amazon and I think so parents thought just because it was nickelodeon they thought there younger kids could watch it. Honestly I think this is more for older kids. I thought the characters were real teenagers nothing like the fake well behaved high school musical ones and the humor was more teenage appropriate. I recommend this to all of my friends and any other teenagers if they want a good laugher but I honestly don't think its for most younger kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars "I think people might misinterpret what you mean by 'trick or treat'.", November 8, 2014
This review is from: Fun Size (Amazon Instant Video)
Sometimes, I get the urge to watch a movie that I'm pretty sure isn't going to be good...something that I'd normally have no interest in. To get more into the Halloween spirit last month, I tried watching some Halloween-related movies, old and new. Fun Size is one that I heard about during a movie review show, where both critics were on completely different sides, with one saying that it was pretty good, and the other saying it's downright terrible. Well, you can see what I thought of it already just based on the 5 star rating, but Fun Size is surprisingly fun, and got a couple of small laughs out of me. At the same time, it's a very weird movie- this is the kind of thing you'd expect to see from the 80s with a bunch of college-age kids running around on a crazy adventure...but it's using younger actors in the same setting and situations. I only knew a little bit about Fun Size being "controversial" going into it, and as soon as a little kid uttered a certain `b word', I got it. It may be a Nickelodeon movie, it may have Victoria Justice, but Fun Size is still a movie for teens, and they didn't pull any punches.

Wren is your average teen girl getting ready for a big Halloween party with her friends. The party just happens to be at the home of a guy she has a big crush on. Things don't go as planned when her mom, Joy, leaves Wren in charge of watching her little brother, Albert, while Joy goes off to her much younger boyfriend's own Halloween party. Albert hasn't spoke in a long time, and tends to do whatever he wants, though it's usually relatively harmless things like using the toilet while Wren's in the shower, cutting up clothes to make toys, and more. Things get much worse when Albert ditches Wren and her friends while trick-or-treating, going off on his own adventure while they scramble all over the city to find him. At the same time, Joy is finding out that dating a much younger man may not be so great when she sees just how out of place she is at a party full of people in their mid-20s. Meanwhile, Albert encounters some pretty zany people, managing to get by without saying a word.

Yes, it sounds pretty stupid. Yes, it's essentially a new take on Adventures in Babysitting. But you know what? Fun Size is a lot better than it has any right to be. It's not going to make my top 100 favorite movies list by any means, although I sure wouldn't mind watching it a few more times over the next year, especially for next Halloween. Crazy situations aside, Wren manages to be a likable character, is genuinely concerned about her little brother, and does what she can to go find him. The poor girl is always just one step behind the little guy, kind of like the events in An American Tail. The one who steals the show is Albert, who was also featured in another movie I saw recently, Bad Grandpa. As soon as he picked out his costume (one-armed Spider-Man), I knew this kid was going to have some great moments. He befriends a mini-mart worker named Fuzzy, who is down on his luck after being dumped by his girlfriend, and takes Albert along to go on a little revenge mission. Fuzzy makes note of how weird it is that he's going out with such a young kid, and announces several times that he's not doing anything weird. It may not big that big of a storyline, but I really liked how Joy goes from cool single mom with a young boyfriend to "what the heck am I doing here?" as soon as she enters the party. Anyone who's been in a relationship with someone a bit older than them might know how weird it is to see someone of a certain age trying to dress or act a certain way when it's more uncomfortable than anything else, whether they're aware of it or not.

As for the movie supposedly being controversial, it's exactly like what I said earlier. This is the kind of thing you'd see in the 80s, just with younger actors. There's some mild language, a few sexual references (nothing big at all, aside from a big chicken) and that's about it. Very little violence, no gore and what language there is, isn't anything that kids who will be watching this movie haven't heard before. It's pretty sad that a lot of the negative reviews for Fun Size are from parents who were shocked by a couple of words. I wonder how these parents would react to any random episode of Ren & Stimpy. If there's anything I didn't like about the movie, it's Wren's best friend who is obsessed with being seen as cool by other people, and even ditches a big responsibility at one point in order to do what she wants. Why is Wren, a smart and responsible girl, friends with her?

Fun Size lives up to its name. It's a fun, short Halloween movie that's more for teens, but I sure enjoyed it a lot. It does feel a bit made-for-tv at times, but this one came out of nowhere and put me in a good mood. It's certainly a big step up from a lot of other Halloween movies I saw over the last month. Give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Size, June 1, 2014
Motherofravens (Washington state) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fun Size (Amazon Instant Video)
This was a EPIC movie, a great family movie and even some adult "under the radar" humor that us moms and dads can sit through. This will be a repeat watcher in house...Enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your time, December 2, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Shades of "Sixteen Candles", March 8, 2014
This review is from: Fun Size [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There have been lots of these coming-of-age movies. Each one differs a little bit by the era in which it is produced. This one rated PG-13 has the feel of an after school special. Everyone has an image of their ideal life; however it takes at night of Halloween hijinks for them to realize what they really want.

The film has many cute scenes. There is also potty humor. Innuendos and big chickens that explains where car hybrids come from. They threw in an asthmatic cat is a good addition to the mix.

I've seen better versions of this genre. However this is well done. Yet there is nothing exceptional. So get out your popcorn. Have a little fun. Then forget it.

Fun Size
Fun Size by Josh Schwartz (DVD - 2013)
$14.49 $7.75