Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on October 14, 2009
I received one of these several years ago. I had a ton of VHS tapes and was able to convert the tape to disk without much trouble. This recorder has many features not usually found in lower priced units. I use Memorex erasable disks and was amazed at the high quality of the the picture and sound on the recorded disks. I record some TV shows everyday, then just erase them after viewing. No problems.
The one thing I did have trouble with is the clock/timer. About 2 years after I got this, the clock froze, so I couldn't do any timed recording. I called Funai. Their customer service is non-existent. I was told that there was no warranty since I received it from a third party.(It was a Christmas gift!!!)
As suddenly as the the clock froze, it did come back after about 1 year and it's been working find ever since. I would highly recommend this unit if you're looking for a vcr/dvd recorder for not much money. The dubbing feature is easy to work and you don't have to be a technical person to run this. I thought so much of this recorder that I've bought another one, just like it, for my wife.
You can spend quite a bit more for units with similar features. Overall, I 'm very happy with the quality of the recording and the relative ease of operation.
on May 7, 2009
Funai WV20V6, I bought this at a great price and it has worked perfectly.
Prior to digital it has been the best making new videos ( VCR or DVD).
Now with Comcast going digital I am not sure it will work. Will we have a lot of vcr/dvd's in the dumps?
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2014
Unfortunately the VHS/DVD Recorder left much to be desired. The unit failed to play and/or properly eject more than half of the VHS Tapes inserted (it eat them) and the tapes than did play properly did not transfer to the DVD in a readable format. Spend a little more money and purchase one of the 'Name Brand' Models.
on February 8, 2013
I greatly appreciate that I was able to add this, out of production, machine to my Amazon wish list, and after a few months was presented with a choice of three used machines to purchase! Having bought one of these machines in 2006, when they were produced, I knew that it was excellent. It blows the other, higher priced machines, right out of the water; with twice the features and capabilities.
The used machine arrived in good condition within a good timeframe. Both the VCR and DVD work fine and the remote was included (no instruction booklet, but I have the one for my identical machine). I have not yet tried the dubbing feature, but I expect it to work well. I am very satisfied with my purchase.
on July 5, 2014