Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 29, 2013
Functional Neurology for Practitioners of Manual Medicine is the sine qua non book for any chiropractor, acupuncturist, naturopath, MD, DO, neurologically oriented physical therapist, OT, or anyone consumed by the subject. It along with its accompanying DVD, is an entire course into what will be the 21st century leap from restorative medicine into re-organizational healing. It is well written and thoughtfully presented, but is surely not for the dilettante. Drink deeply or taste not.
on July 14, 2013
I am a practicing Functional Neurologist and I bought this book as a resource for neurological pathways and mechanisms and it DOES PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION. So as a reference I would give this book 5/5. However it is a dry read and poorly organized with little to no emphasis on treatment modalities other than some very lame chiropractic manipulation therapy in the back of the book. What about eye exercises, UBE, oxygen, vibration stimulation, laser, spin chair therapy etc... The book left me wanting more from a title that states for manual therapy practitioners. I really wanted more meat for my money. In today's web based information platform tech info is basically free for those who google hard enough, if I am spending money on a hard copy I want it to shine and be complete. Perhaps there is a second edition that contains this missing treatment information. I would suggest Evolve Your Brain, Dr. Joe Dispenza for non therapists and Dr. Mike Johnson's, "What to do when the medications don't work" as a entry level book for therapists looking to actually treat with functional neurology.
on June 16, 2013
This book is very helpful, especially if you're taking anything with Carrick. I have notes from seminars and this book is great for filling in the gaps that I had in my notes. Dr. Beck did a great job keeping things simple to understand and thorough enough to be a valuable clinical reference.
on August 3, 2014
Excellent book. You need to have good neuroscience background to understand the book fully though. The author explains "functional neurology" very well and cleared. I had so many ah-ha moments during reading through the book.
on March 13, 2014
Very good book for practitioners , should be a student text for all health science/ medical courses to understand what is required functionally.
on July 12, 2016
My issue really isn't with the textbook itself, but with the fact that it came without the first chapter. I guess this is the printers fault. I realized too late to return.
on May 31, 2015
Great information and well written text. Great for every practitioner in the medical field with interest in neurology or a better understanding on physiology.
on April 7, 2015
Great book if you have the background to apply it.
on February 20, 2015
Highly valuable and well written.
on November 24, 2013
I needed the book as a textbook for a neurology class. The book was what I needed in a textbook.