5.0 out of 5 stars Most A-mazing shampoo!
Published on March 20, 2012 by mythoughts

1.0 out of 5 stars Soap! Ugh
Published 4 months ago by S. Nasar

5.0 out of 5 stars Most A-mazing shampoo!, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Fundamental Shampoo - 12 Oz. - Chemical Free Shampoo - SLS Free - Natural Shampoo - Made in USA (Health and Beauty)
For years I have tried every natural shampoo on the market. I used every brand and kind and would at times go back to regular shampoos because I felt like the natural shampoos were not really cleaning my hair or making it look dull and mousy. Still, I didn't give up in.my search as chemical free products are important to me. I came across this shampoo and decided to try it, purchasing a travel size first from Amazon. To my amazement this shampoo should be called a miracle shampoo!!!! Right away I was first impressed with the ingredients, all things I know and all completely natural. Second, I tried the shampoo and my hair felt, looked, smelled A-mazing! It had a light fresh feeling yet looked shiny and full. The most amazing part of all, I didnt use any conditioner! I will never use another shampoo again!! Thank you Fundamental Earth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle in a bottle!!!, June 3, 2013
M. Murray (The Valley, Oregon) - See all my reviews
I was recommended this shampoo by a friend and I was skeptical because I'm one of those girls who has no loyalty to shampoo because every time I use the same shampoo for more than one or two bottles, I have the greasiest roots you've ever seen and ends that look like straw. I'm not particularly hard on my hair, but it's usually frizzy and I do dye it quite a bit.

I've used this shampoo and the matching conditioner for the past 4 days and I have not once noticed my hair being greasy the day after a washing like my other shampoo. On top of this, after just one washing, the frizziness of my hair was reduced by about 80%. I literally could not believe it. I've had people telling me that the color of it has even changed and I haven't dyed it in about 4 weeks. I notice the difference too! The pretty cherry chocolate brown color I use is revitalized from the dull brown it usually washes out to. I seriously feel like I can eventually wash my hair every other day with this, something that I haven't done since I was wearing light up shoes and puffy pink tulle dresses!

My boyfriend has semi-curly hair that is usually a frizz ball in the morning. But he's been using it and his hair is smooth and shinny. We both love it!

A few notes for those who haven't used natural shampoo before:

Lather: This shampoo does not lather well in hard water, but it doesn't mean it isn't working! We took it camping and it lathered very well, but at our house where we have hard water we get about a quarter of the lather a normal shampoo would have. This is because it has no foaming agents (SLS, etc) in it. It still cleanses your hair and scalp though!

Time: Leave the shampoo in for extra time after lathering it, it really does moisturize your hair! Leave the conditioner in for the time recommended too.

Scent: I love the scent and even wish it was stronger. However, those who aren't used to natural scents won't like how authentic it is. This is not fake lavender. This is the real deal and it is different then other shampoos. I've used natural castile soaps for some time and I'm used to the smell. When I used this at while camping in a group shower setting, I had a lady ask me what it was because she thought it smelled wonderful. But it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!, July 21, 2013
I am a little bit of a product junkie. I used this product when I switched over to organic products. I can totally read the label without having to Google any of the ingredients to see what they are. I had to pick this product up again. My hair felt much more moisturized and was thicker when using this product. I missed having thread like strands. Had to have it back. This product will stay in my regiment from now on. No mare product hopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 12, 2013
B. Carr "gogirlusa" (Saint Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This is my favorite all natural shampoo! I use it three times a week. I have found that if I use it every single day, my hair will get a tad bit dry. So I use Organic Excellence shampoo in between washings with this (love that shampoo too). The shampoo is really clarifying so that's why it has a tendency to dry my hair out if I use it daily. I love this about it, because it gets my hair squeaky clean. Other natural shampoos leave my hair oily and it feels like I never washed it. Also, my face is allergic to almost every face wash/soap I have tried...except for this. So I use this fundamental shampoo as a face wash too. What a great product. The best thing is that there is nothing harmful in it. It lathers really well too for a natural shampoo. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, December 8, 2012
I was a no-pooer for about 6 months before trying this product. After having two kids (wreaks havoc on your hair... it changes color, texture, and thickness) and trying lots of different shampoos, my hair needed a break from the roller coaster of products. I did extensive searching for TRULY chemical free hair care and found this. My hair is very long, extremely fine, and trying to bounce back from my last pregnancy. It gets weighed down and oily quicky and easily. Also tangles like crazy. Not so with this shampoo. I don't even need a conditioner. Lathers great. Leave it on for two minutes and it really does what it says. I use a dime-sized amount every other day and order it every six months or so. It's the best shampoo I've ever used.

1.0 out of 5 stars Soap! Ugh, May 6, 2014
I am in my mid-20s and already having thinning hair and rapidly so I am always looking for good organic shampoos, this one seemed like from heaven as every organic shampoo I have used before had some sort of hidden bad ingredient ..I read the ingredients carefully on the information page here on amazon and it looked great..once I received the item I went to the shower and used it and immediately noticed that it lathers very well which is a red flag as all SLS-Free shampoos don't lather well at all ..so I looked at the back of the bottle and it has Saponified Oils...on the ingredients page here it just says Olive Oil, Coconut Oil without mentioning the saponified part. This shampoo is basically SOAP ...and that is NOT good for hair especially thinning hair like mines, it's already dried my hair after one single use. Extremely disappointed. If you have great thick hair you might get away with using this but I don;t recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Natural Shampoo, May 19, 2013
This shampoo leaves your hair very soft. I do feel I need to use more because SLS-free shampoos does not lather as much as SLS shampoos. In the end, after drying, hair feels nice and soft to touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fundamental shampoo, January 9, 2012
I bought this product on my niece's recommendation and found it to be everything she said. My salon shampoos leave my hair with an oily residue. Not so with Fundamental. My hair feels very clean and residue free. Plus no stinging eyes! I also found that my hair was more manageable after each use. My hair certainly has more body to it and is easier to style. The conditioner does not leave my hair flat like other conditioners. I will continue to use both shampoo and conditioner and will buy other products from this company. I am very pleased with the results so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome shampoo, August 30, 2012
This shampoo works great for my psoriasis. It used to be really red, scaly and extremely itchy. Now it is still there but it has definitely improved allot since I started using this shampoo. Awesome :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised to all these positive reviews, June 12, 2014
I was really excited about this product due to its great reviews. But when I tried it.. O M G. I have normal to dry hair and previously was using another natural shampoo without conditioner at all. Fundamental Shampoo dried my hair instantly so much to the point that it was squeaky. My hair was SUPER dry and I couldn`t even brush it. I don`t get that even with regular chemical shampoos. Moreover, when I tried to return it, it stated as it was nonreturnable. I had to contact Amazon customer service.

Rate and Discover Movies