5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
I have 15 years of experience as accountant and I found this book very useful for teaching purposes. It presents in a clear language finance and accounting.
I love it
Published on April 1, 2010 by Rogelio Mata Quinones

3.0 out of 5 stars Review or Complement
Published 18 months ago by BowtoStern

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, April 1, 2010
This review is from: MBA Fundamentals Accounting and Finance (Kaplan Test Prep) (Paperback)
I love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Readable, clear, October 19, 2010
I bought this as a complement to my Master's degree, which doesn't include a course on accounting or finance because I don't want to spend a lot of time studying the subject - it isn't something that excites me. Having said that, I think a lot of managers need to know something about accounting and finance.

The book suits my purpose well: it's clear, readable, and has good short exercises to check your understanding at the end of each chapter. I haven't yet read the whole thing - as I said, the subject doesn't excite me - but doing so would not be too painful. Even if I stop reading it now, 1/3 of the way through, I have learned a lot of basic information about how accounting is done, and I would now at least know where to start with a financial statement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hey, it's a finance book..., November 23, 2012
Tito (RGV (Deep South Texas), TX, USA) - See all my reviews
Great book, very informative and easy to read. Used it for a PhD business class and I plan to keep it when I'm finished as a reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for MBA class, June 30, 2014
Good book that introduce the fundamental of finance subjects for MBA in a short and concise manner. Is a good tool that help me a lot in grabbing the concept in my MBA finance module.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 20, 2014
Good item, Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review or Complement, June 4, 2013
BowtoStern (Fairfield, CT) - See all my reviews
The scope of material covered in less than 270 pages is adequate. The text is written in a readable format, one that doesn't require scratch paper and a calculator nearby. The chapters give a high-level review of the fundamental aspects of accounting (financial statements, assets and liabilities, depreciation, etc.) and finance (TVM/DCF, WACC, budgeting, etc.). This text is useful as a review of these concepts if you've been out of the field or as a superficial review if this knowledge is still active. I did find a number of errors both in the text and problems sets which was disappointing, since the "fundamentals" should be a solid foundation on which one can fortify their knowledge.

MBA Fundamentals Accounting and Finance (Kaplan Test Prep)
MBA Fundamentals Accounting and Finance (Kaplan Test Prep) by Michael P. Griffin (Paperback - January 6, 2009)
$19.95 $15.31