From the Back Cover
The experienced programmer's complete guide to .NET Web development.
- Covers the entire process of .NET Web development!
- Includes extensive coverage of Web Forms, Web Services, SOAP and XML
- Contains a concise review tutorial on "classic" Web programmingperfect for developers migrating from traditional or client/server environments
Want the most efficient way to successfully get up to speed on Microsoft's .NET developer platform? Using rich code examples, Fundamentals of Web Applications Using .NET and XML provides thorough coverage of the entire process of building Web applications using .NET. For programmers migrating from traditional or client/server environments, the authors offer a concise review tutorial of traditional Web programming then demonstrates the value .NET adds for those building advanced Web application and services. With its systematic, step-by-step style, industry leading insight, and technical expertise, this book showcases .NET to developers in a way that is easy to read and hard to live without.
- Thorough coverage of the .NET framework and architecture
- Straightforward migration path from current technologes to ASP.NET, ADO.NET and VB.NET
- Expert explanation of the role of XML, SOAP and UDDI in .NET development
- Thorough treatment of new techniques such as Object Remoting
- Includes information on interoperability with non-.NET systems
About the Author
Eric Bell has more than 20 years of experience as a hardware engineer, software developer, and trainer. Since 1993, he has specialized in Windows technologies.
Hao "Howard" Feng is a solutions architect who designs, develops, and deploys systems for the J2EE platform (EJBs, Servlets, and JMS) and the Microsoft Commerce Server platform.
Edward L.W. Soong, founder and president of Anew Technology, is a specialist in e-business consulting and development, IT training, and technology related business development.
Dr. David Zhang has 18 years' experience developing large-scale database applications, including online transaction processing systems and data warehouses.
Shija Sam Zhu, manager of technologies and methods at Delphi Technology, has been a software developer for over 20 years.