5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids and adults
The concept of the game seems pretty simple but game play is VERY fun! You try to eliminate your hand of cards by playing a card and pumping Gus's head on the numbered "food", each pump inflating his stomach. The ingeious contraption inside allows his stomach to expand at a seemingly random count before he "explodes" a fart, causing the current player to draw 2 more...
Published on July 25, 2007 by Inspired Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Toys Are No Fun
I'll confess that the first few times my family played this, it was reasonably fun. However, using a custom-size balloon as a key component of the game is asinine. Balloons pop. That's just what they do. And having only one spare with NO way of getting another is simply unacceptable.

After playing the game a few times, the first "gut" balloon popped. So, we...
Published on November 25, 2011 by Weird Ralph

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but broken from the start!, January 1, 2008
CC Mama (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
I bought this game for my 5 year old son for Christmas, and he was very excited to play it right away. Unfortunately, the air pump connected to Gus was defective and could not inflate the balloon enough for him to expand very much, so we were unable to play. I even switched balloons with the included extra balloon, but it was the pump after all. The game is great for even my almost 3 year old to play with his brother, since he can count, and they even took turns much to my pleasure! I really wish this game wasn't broken, as it's very difficult to find a game for the two of them to play well together. I originally bought this game at Toys R Us for $10 less than it is selling here, but I may break down and order it online and pay the extra money if I can't get it by their summer birthdays. Overall, the game would be fun if it worked!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, February 1, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
Got this for my 6 yr old son thinking this would be right up his alley! We played it 2 times & he wasn't that impressed by it. It's actually pretty boring (he even said so). Not sure what I was really expecting, but I doubt that we'll be pulling it out any time soon. And definitely NOT worth the price. It's really the one Christmas gift I regret spending money on : (

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids enjoy, but game has some issues, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
My 4 and 6 year olds immediately fell in love with this game. Unfortunately, the balloon broke the third time we played it, and it only comes with one replacement balloon. I was able to buy a package of 7 inch size latex ballons at Wal-Mart, and slip one over the balloon connector after cutting away the broken balloon. It was a challenge to get the balloon connector snaped firmly back onto the game, but I eventually managed. So far, this has worked fine. I agree with other reviewers that the tab to recline the chair so it lays flat to go back in the game box is very hard to push, and I feel like I'm going to break it every time I try to do it. We will probably resort to just storing it upright. There is a nice compartment in Gus's table for storing the game pieces. I did get this game at a cheap clearance price, which perhaps makes me more accepting of the problems with it. I probably would have taken it back had I paid full price.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor construction/design, April 23, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
This toy broke very fast and we were unable to install the spare balloon/clamp. My boyfriend fixes his own european sports cars but even he could not repair this toy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Balloons Pop, Now You Have More Trash, December 19, 2010
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
So you play awhile, the 2 included balloons pop, you are left with a piece of junk. They don't sell replacement balloons or the zips ties required to attach them. We did have fun with it, now I am left with aggravation, buying all kinds of various size balloons to find one that "works". As usual, they spent all their money on the commercials.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
Cheap toy. Not too much fun besides the look of it. Hard to lean gus back. I got two balloons with the toy and one was already broken when I opened the package, the other balloon broke shortly after playing for the second time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap parts, January 31, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
My daughters saw the commercial and really wanted this toy. It was a lot of fun on Christmas morning, but by Christmas evening, they had gone through one balloon. The second lasted for about another week. Now, I'm finally lingering around the internet trying to find replacement balloons, as the plastic piece that the balloon fits around has broken too. My daughters did not abuse this toy or play with it in any way other than the toy was designed. I was surprised to discover that it is educational in number recognition and counting. It's a simple and fun game that kids seem to enjoy. Heed the warning if you have small children, that balloon piece I was talking about is a SERIOUS choking hazard!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept but didn't work, December 26, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
My girls really wanted this toy and received it as a holiday gift. The first time they played it, though, the balloon didn't work properly and Gus didn't inflate very well at all. The second time we played, Gus didn't inflate at all. My girls were extremely disappointed, the gift giver was embarrassed they bought a toy that didn't work, and it was a real let down. I have to contact the company during business hours to work something out, hopefully a replacement balloon that works.

1.0 out of 5 stars belongs in an 'adult' store, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
I purchased this for my nephew for his Birthday who was turning 7. I thought the concept was cute (what little boy doesn't like farts?) but 5 minutes after he and his cousins had been playing with it, the balloon had already popped. He had then brought it over to the adults so we could fix it by using the 2nd balloon which had come with the game (thank goodness), we had 'noticed' that when inserting the balloon on the 'plastic piece' it looks more 'adult' than child friendly. When you lift the 'head' of the man sitting in the chair it looks like the top of a 'adults' private part. All in all this was an embarrassing, cheaply made product that broke within 5 minutes of playing it. You would have no clue by simply looking at the box or by the price tag. This toy belongs in an 'adult store'.Luckily the children didn't notice the 'adult' concept but it was quite obvious for anyone 13 and older.

3.0 out of 5 stars Balloons don't last, creating disappointment for the kids, December 30, 2014
This review is from: Gassy Gus (Toy)
The box was ruined during delivery, which is a first for an Amazon product in my experience. My sons liked playing this game, but the balloons inside Gus didn't last long at all - two days after purchase we were left balloon-less. Our game came with two. I tried replacing with regular balloons, but it doesn't work like it's supposed to once I changed out the balloon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›