Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

83%
17%

on October 22, 2013
I bought this book to help me get ready to use eBay to do some fundraising for my congregation. I'm already an experienced eBayer but I was hoping to find some gems within this book, but never did. It is a good basic book for people who are not really familiar with the eBay environment or for those who have dreams of massive on-line auctions but not so much for folks wh really want to use eBay as a kind of on-line rummage sale. I actually found the information on eBay itself to be sufficient.
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon February 25, 2006
I don't think I ever considered eBay a source of income for fundraising. But Greg Holden and Jill Finlayson convinced me otherwise in the book Fundraising on eBay. A valuable book that should be a "must read" for nonprofits...

Contents:

Part 1 - Mastering the eBay Marketplace - Opportunities for Nonprofits: Why eBay? A Guide for Nonprofits; eBay Fundraising Success Stories; Planning Your eBay Fundraising Event

Part 2 - Selling Donated Items: Deciding What to Sell; Deciding How to Raise Funds with eBay; Building Your Credibility - and Your Donor Base; Listing Your Items for Sale on eBay; Managing Your Auctions and Building Good Donor Relations; Advanced Selling - Using All of eBay's Sales Options

Part 3 - Leveraging eBay for the Biggest Bang: Making Your Charitable Auction a Major Event; Partnerships - Good for Bidders, Good for Partners, Great for Nonprofits; Marketing to Make the Most of Your Event; Glossary; Index

I've always mentally framed eBay as a way to sell some of your own stuff or for a business to market direct to the consumer. I wasn't even that surprised when cities and governments started using eBay to unload surplus equipment. But I never really thought about how the use of eBay could be leveraged by a nonprofit or charity to raise funds and expand the donor base. Holden and Finlayson make a strong case for using eBay to generate money for your nonprofit, and they cover all the eBay features specifically designed to assist you in this. I've probably seen those features before, but I guess I just ignored them. They also cover the traditional information on how to get set up as an eBay seller, how to price your items, etc. So even if you've never touched eBay before, you can confidently venture forth with this book and get started with little effort. All those books on how to become an eBay power seller can then be used to fine-tune your selling techniques. The abundance of real-life case studies help the reader to see that this really *can* work and has been used successfully by thousands of other groups.

Definitely a unique book in the growing collection of eBay titles, and one that could be the best investment you ever made in your cause...
on November 13, 2012
I have been an avid reader of anything Marketing for the past 15 years. As a PR & Communication Professional I find myself in need of a good Marketing, Branding and Social Media Books regularly.

This Book is Fantastic Beyond Compare, absolutely one of my favorite. An exuberant expression of Marketing Throughout Asia: Japan, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and China. Deep analysis of the Cult of Luxury, its Origins country-by-country, their Buzz factors and their Style setters. A brilliant selection of topics: the Showbuzz Marketing, The Spread of Luxury Model, Luxury Gourmands to Luxury Nibblers, celebrity Set, Tai-Tais to Trendy Teens, Caviar and Popcorn, The Megalogue Diet, Some Like it Super Haute, Social Networkers, The Press Collection and the Spin,...

A Vibrant choice of catchy Phrases, inspiring words and Stunning Titles, that make the Book totally Sticky. I have read this book many times, a perfect companion for any PR & Branding Professional. Not only Functional, but Fabulous as well. I wish Radha Chadha & Paul Husband would compile the same Study for other Regions of the World!

Pro:
Everything

Con:
Absolutely Nothing.
on November 9, 2005
I purchased this book for our church group and we are quickly putting it to use. The book is very informative and demystified online fundraising. It is easy to read and follow, with great insight and simple advice. About 20 of us are going to run a holiday fundraiser on eBay using this book as our guide. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about fundraising.
on December 15, 2005
Carefully researched and includes lots of information first-hand from successful sellers and nonprofits. It has a great visual layout too. Lots of illustrations and navigational aids, like Tips, Must Haves, Warnings, etc. It is an invaluable resource to get up & running on eBay in the most effective way.
on January 12, 2006
The web is really just as a communications medium. But what a medium it is. e-Bay set up all kinds of new records as a way to get money out of the used stuff stored in your back room. In doing so, it has become a phenomonen of its own. One of the many unexpected side effects of e-Bay has been the development of on-line fund raising. Instead of working with the relatively few people in your home town or local community, e-Bay reaches some 160 million people.

The authors of this book are: ==1 -- a power seller on e-Bay, a consumate master at using e-Bay to sell all kinds of products, and

2 -- an ex-e-Bay executive who specialised in setting up new marketing areas.

The concept of raising money on e-Bay is not too different that becoming a e-Bay marketeer. However the wording that you would use in the offering, the ways you would get items to sell, and particularly the impact of having a famous name to assist make fundraising subtly different than what you would normally do. This book then is like a normal book on selling on e-Bay, but 'subtly different.'

The stories of successful campaigns, illustraing what other people have done make the book worth its cost.