5.0 out of 5 stars funk or walk yeah baby funk or walk
Published on February 28, 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Gracias
Muy esperado ya que es raro, grupo formado por las voces femeninas de Sly & the Family Stone, lo unico que puedo criticar es que el sonido es pobre, yo lo saque del Long Play (acetato) y tiene mejor sonido mi cd que este que compre, que lastima, lo pobre del sonido radica en que los bajos casi no estan, esta marca de cds saco tambien un cd de Sister Sledge y sucedio lo...
Published on December 12, 2011 by Jose

5.0 out of 5 stars funk or walk yeah baby funk or walk, February 28, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
if you love p funk you gots to have this the brides are great all the way through disco to go is a funky cut with a great bassline by bootsy collins limmericks galore, warship touchante is weird with bernie worrell doing his outer space keyboard stuff, birdie is uncut funk, nappy is a funny country-funk jam about hairdo's amorous is a cool jam, just like you is a decent ballad I like this whole cd they need to put out the brides second lp never buy texas from a cowboy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fonkin' We Will Go!, November 27, 2011
B. Falcon (Mother Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
Up until recently I thought the only way to get this album on CD was to fork up big bucks for the elusive Japanese import. I was plenty satisfied with my vinyl LP, and waited patiently for this album to see a domestic release in the U.S. My hope began to diminish considering CD is a dying format. Alas, Wounded Bird saw fit to finally bless us with this funk classic on CD at a more than reasonable price! If you're reading this then you're probably familiar with the content of this album and have an appreciation for the P-Funk family of recordings. I won't bother going into detail about the band or the songs, but rather the sound quality. At first listen I could hardly believe I was listening to a CD and not a vinyl pressing. I don't know who mastered this disc or from where it was sourced, but the presentation is very warm and analogue sounding. Creamy smooth with a thick bottom end, and clarity without a hint of ear bleeding shrillness up top. Most importantly, my ear-o-meter detects good dynamic range throughout and it does not sound brick walled. Even today, people pay top dollar for well mastered CDs from audiophile labels, which can be a hit or miss at times. Funk or Walk certainly qualifies as one of those budget CDs worthy of being considered audiophile quality, but without the premium price tag. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funk or Walk, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
Ms. Mabry and Ms. Silva are truly a funky pair. "Disco to Go" is definitely the "cut" on this CD. Normally, I would never rate an entire CD based on one song, but "Disco to Go" was out of this world. Delivered by two lovely, funky, talented ladies. I paid $26 for it. If you can, wait for the price to drop - Frankly, I couldn't! I have been hooked on the P-Funk sound, since 1974! Five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do we bore you? NO!, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
Wow, I have loved this album since it first came out, and now I can get it on CD too! I looked for it for years. Haha, and now CDs are basically a thing of the past, oh well, my car still has a CD player, so I will keep buying them. Any form or faction of P-funk family is a hit in my book! None of my friends from High School could fathom the Funk, but it is deep in my veins, and I don't think it will ever go away! (I graduated from HS in 1978, BTW, and still can get to that, so I guess it's not just a faze for me!?) These are some strong, confident, and talented women in their own right, and deserved more props than they ever got! I know GC saw the talent, and we all know he's a genious, so how far off could I be? Anyway, get this if you believe in the FUNK, or if not, just WALK!

5.0 out of 5 stars funk or walk by the brides of funkenstein, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
funk or walk by the brides of funkenstein it is must have for funk fan and funkateers this is the best girl funk group ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funk or Walk, June 25, 2008
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
Great hearing this on CD. Japan releases are usually outstanding in audio quality and it can be heard here. Clear treble and decent Bass. I didn't have the original LP to compare it to but CD sounds great as it is. The Bass drum could have been fatter but I suppose that is how the original mix is.

5.0 out of 5 stars disco to go bubba eio to go, August 15, 2007
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
finally the brides of funkenstein on cd disco to go is classic that bassline provided by bootsy with those absurd lyrics boy lynn and dawn sound so good together. warship touchante is so crazy only p funk can take disco to outer space like this the track is strange with the brides landing on earth to teach the dance of sensitivity, birdie is a funky tune the bassline is heavy funkjazz witrh the loud electronic handclaps gc does a cameo on here claiming he's the big bird on the dance floor nappy is about hairdos amorius is another classical disco track ain't nothing like p funk and just like you isd a ballad it's so normal you can't believe george climton wrote it the weakwest link is when you;re gone sorry but this song never did it for me a good cd p funk heads should cop this.

5.0 out of 5 stars .."a sort of "carry out disco ya know"? DAHLING!!!!!!!!!, March 17, 2007
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
I can rmemb that these two ladies album was so hot. The single "Disco To Go" was #1 R&B in DC. The song was a original Bootsy's Rubber Band song that they let the girls release. I believe the song is originaly called "the mothership connection is here". YOu have to get this thing. Songs like "Nappy" "Starship Touchnt" "Birdie" nice fillers. The slow jam is "Just Like You" is such a sweet ballad. Get the cd and just have a blast. I don't know why the second album is not on cd. That album went to the "next" level. I have the Brides "Live @ The Howard Theatre" a historical moment at the once famous venue in Washington DC. Parliament-Funkadelic was there that night of course on the "anti-tour".

5.0 out of 5 stars "And On That Farm He Had A Dance Floor E-I-E-I-O, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
Only reason for 5 stars is because I'm a fan of the Paliament/Funkadelic thang! I remember going to see the Brides live at a tiny restaurant in Hollywood back in the day. We knew that the only group that could back them was Parliament/Funkadelic...we were rewarded when EVERY band member, including Clinton and Bootsie, Fred Wesley and Maceo, etc. showed up and played all night until we and them were basically kicked out! Although I like this album, the Brides live album is better...but this is a must have for fans of George Clinton's genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brides of Funkenstein, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Funk Or Walk (Audio CD)
AWESOME CD which is an INSTANT classic for the Brides. The CD plays fine and the Never Buy Texas from a Cowboy cost almost $70. PARLIAMENTFUNKADELIC '69.

Funk Or Walk
Funk Or Walk by The Brides of Funkenstein (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies