Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.49 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Funky Barn - Nintendo Wii U
|Price:||$59.50 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Raise your usual and not-so-usual farm animals: From modest beginnings, caring for a single fluffy chick, slowly develop your farm and prove that you can take care of your animals to unlock new types and breeds of animals.
- Over-the-top personalities: Each type of animal has its own traits and quirks, so be sure to keep an eye on them all if you want to run a successful farm! Only by keeping your animals happy can you successfully grow your farm!
- Customise your animals from top to tail: Change the name and even the look of your animals! Want to name your sheep after the members of 'One Direction'? Go for it!
- Everyone needs a little TLC: New in the Wii U version of Funky Barn is the ability to interact with your animals, one on one. Make your animals' day with some hands-on petting and attention.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I've taken 2 stars off for three reasons:
1. The recurring game breaking glitch that freezes the game/console.
2. The issue of NOT being able to build fences/walls to the very edge of the farmland barrier.
3. A 90 second loading cutscene slideshow that is UNSKIPABLE and plays everytime you load/start a farm from the Main Campaign and Challenge Mode.
GAME BREAKING GLITCH:
First comes first. There is a troublesome game breaking glitch that has been occurring in my gameplay. After completing the main campaign story for the 1st available farm on the easy difficulty I ran into a glitch that causes the game and console to completely freeze. Whenever I would build one last structure, the game would have the "Home" screen popup and if I back out of that the whole console and game where frozen. The only available option is to restart the console and load the game up again. Unfortunately, you end up losing a good portion of your game progression even if you save shortly before the game/console freeze.
I believe the issue is caused by having too many items in the game which causes the game and console to overload and freeze. What's annoying is that there is no in game system to stop this from happening. Even after completing the campaign and completing your farm you can keep playing as along as you lay off building too many items.Read more ›
Here's the general review: We were lucky enough to get a Wii U shortly after Thanksgiving, but after a week or so of playing nothing but Nintendo Land (and my seven year old daughter mastering all those games and begging us to play with her) I wanted to get a game that she could play on her own that also took advantage of the Wii U capabilities. I managed to catch "Funky Barn" when the price was much lower (29) so I decided to go ahead and order it.
So far, she loves it. She's played for a few hours and is steadily building her farm. It's sort of like a mix of Farmville and Sim City- and as your farm grows and your animals grow, they need more and more from you.
Don't get me wrong- this is not the game that will show you how amazing your Wii U's capabilities are. It's basically a DS game that's been quickly ported to the Wii U, and the majority of game play is the same on the Wii U touchpad as it is on the TV screen. But my daughter really feels like it's something great since she's using the touchpad constantly with the game and she's seeing the "fruits of her labor" (no pun intended) on the TV screen.
I would never pay $50 for this game. But for 30 or so, I think it's worth it- especially now, when the Wii U is brand new, there aren't very many lower price games for it, *we* don't have many games for it, and it's a good game for solo play for kids or anyone who likes simulation games. It's actually very cute, and easy to master, but challenging enough that my husband has started collaborating very intensely on the layout of the farm.
If you can get it at a lower price point, I would highly recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thought the game was very repetitive and dull. My kids only played it a couple of times and put it down.Published 5 days ago by Vanessa B. Thomas
Could have been good...
You have to watch this LONG Depressing cut scene EVERY time you play, instead of just the first time. Read more
Really disappointed, the game came in perfect condition. However you can only do so much like get 8 or 10 animals, the game ends very quickly. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
the game was good exept my kids had a hard time understanding the beginning or how to play it great condition great price thank youPublished 8 months ago by Melanie Shoaib
The game is overall very fun and creative. However it does have some pretty major setbacks...
- Very long, unskippable cutscene. Read more