4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome addition to my pirate costume-ren fest wearable!
Published 21 months ago by Steve Haverda

3.0 out of 5 stars Foot size perfect - top of boot too small (would not close around my leg)
I ordered a small as I have a size 8 foot... and the shoe size was great, however, I was unable zip the boot up over my normal size leg.
It would have been nice to have a size listed for the top of the boot (circumference). The top of the boot runs small.

The boot looks great!

I would have given 5 stars had I been able to zip them up.
I...
Published 4 months ago by Clifton Riedel

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome addition to my pirate costume-ren fest wearable!, October 28, 2012
I bought these to add to my pirate costume that I wear to all the different Renaissance Festivals here in Texas that we go to. I was kind of scared if they would hold up and if they were of cheap quality. Far from the $200-$500 boots you usually find at the festivals, however, these WERE CHAMP!!! I can wear a 9 1/2 - a 10 1/2 depending on the manufacturer, so I bought the 10-11 (Medium) size here. They fit perfectly! Even though they were comfortable to walk in during my testing, I still bought a good pair of $10 insoles to help out. I wore them for 8 hours straight plus another 4 the next day. They held up great and were fairly comfortable (yet to find ANY shoe that feels good after a full 8 hours on your feet). Well worth the money paid!!

5.0 out of 5 stars nice boots, August 6, 2012
The boots were well made and big enough in the calf for my husband. Bought size small for a man's size 8-9 size shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality boot at a good price...with help, March 17, 2013
I finally settled on these boots after reading several reviews and I was very happy with what I got. However, there are some things to consider.
a) Buy a GOOD set of insoles. I wear a size 11 which would max me out in the one size, so I bought the next largest size. I then bought a very good set of padded insoles with a bit of an arch support. This filled in the extra space and the difference this made on the soles of my feet was amazing. They are fake leather, so your feet will sweat a bit, however buying the size larger gave room for thicker socks.
b) They have zippers. Putting them on and taking them off is a lot easier with the zipper (on the inside of the calf). If you are wanting a good boot at a good price and can live with the "lack of realism" by having a zipper on the side, you're all set.
c) Distressed look is not all that distressed. The pleather has a speckled look to it and I would call them more gray than truly black. Great for an inside situation and more of a costume event, but again if you're looking for something more realistically distressed, you'll have to dirty them up yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for pirates, May 13, 2013
Perfect addition to a pirate costume. The zipper allows a tight ankle fit, and the soles are actually comfortable. I wouldn't hike in these, but walking the deck works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Authentic, January 25, 2013
The boots are a distressed black leather with antique brass buckles. These boots are worth the cost. We bought them to wear at a Renaissance fair and they look very authentic. They can also be used for a pirate look. They would look good even for every day boots. Very cool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boots; make sure to use insoles, November 29, 2013
Hoelo (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
These are good boots and look nice for costuming. I would have given them 5 stars if the zippers (inner side of leg) were masked better. Still, they fit very well for costuming-oriented boots so I am happy with them. I would recommend that you get an insole though; they are not all that comfortable (not awful) and after a long night, you're likely to have sore feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Fit Report and Suggestion, May 27, 2014
Received the boots this morning, as tracking said. Putting on the foot part of the boot proved snug, as a good, new, boot should, however, the upper portion is not designed for anyone large in calf of leg. This pair, size 'Large/12-13 M,' only has a calf circumference of about 18 inches, enough for a normal, athletic type, but won't zip for a 'Down-Linesman,' Who had built legs to size for powerful movement. These are 'Powerful' boots, too bad the manufacturer, or Amazon, doesn't offer them in larger dimensions.
I need to ponder an insert or return, but they are excellent boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boots for show, May 23, 2014
I recently performed in a production of "The Man of La Mancha" and had to provide my own footwear. THESE BOOTS WERE SO COMFORTABLE! The only drawback is that they do not breathe and are a little hot, but other than that they were great. Easy to move in, flexible, comfortable, felt great throughout a three weekend run and pickup rehearsals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality for costume wear and delivery was speedy!, May 22, 2014
The boot construction is very sound and durable! The fit is true to size and comfy. Aesthetically they are the best costume foot wear I have ever seen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Boot, May 21, 2014
Got this boot for my pirate outfit. Fits my foot well, but there's a lot of space above the foot. Maybe use some foot pads to raise the foot or something. Otherwise, it's a lot better than some of the other boots out there for under $100.

Funtasma Men's Carribean Combat Boot