4.0 out of 5 stars still walking
my husband wore a similar pair by a different maker to festival last year and could barely walk by the time the weekend was over. he said the difference this year was like night and day. these are much better boots. he really liked them.
Published on November 4, 2009 by K. brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with these boots!
Published on August 17, 2008 by Jennifer Bogut

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with these boots!, August 17, 2008
I know you get what you pay for...so if you're looking for quality boots that will hold up after multiple wearings, don't buy these boots. If you're looking for an inexpensive costume boot that will only be worn once or twice, then go ahead and get these. I bought several pairs of these boots for our summer production of The Taming of the Shrew. They look great - worked perfect for the costumes - but zippers broke and the bottoms of the boots (soles and all) came off - and we only used them for 2 dress rehearsals and 3 performances. We had to run get Gorilla Glue to make them usable for the performances.

Again, if you're looking for something cheap that you only need for, say, Halloween, then they're super. But they just don't seem to be designed for more than one or two wearings.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not Buy these from Costume911 !, October 11, 2010
This review is from: Funtasma by Pleaser Men's Halloween Captain-105 (Apparel)
I ordered a pair of these to be fulfilled through Costume911. They arrived very quickly however the actual item that they shipped me was not the Captain-105 boots by Pleaser (Funtasma) but a lookalike set from a company named Plats (model 1401).

The boots I received looked almost exactly like the ones pictured however the sole of the boot was clearly stamped as size 13 (not 14 as an X-Large from Pleaser would have been) and so the boots fit a fair bit tighter that I would have preferred. These Plats boots also didn't hold up well at all and the soles were starting to peel away from the bottoms of the boots after about three hours of wear.

Overall a terrible purchase from Costume911.

4.0 out of 5 stars still walking, November 4, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 24, 2014
This product was just how I needed it! I am so happy with the height of the boot as well as the size. Great job!

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad but not ready for prime time, August 21, 2013
This review is from: Funtasma by Pleaser Men's Halloween Captain-105 (Apparel)
I purchased these boots to be used as part of a Ren Faire costume, we usually go every weekend that it's open. First they are just a little bit "cartoony", the upper cuff section flares out a bit more than what I think it should(almost like bad Santa boot). and they are not very comfortable for all day long everyday wear.

Since I'm just dressing up for fun and not a character participant/actor, I don't need my outfit to be 100% period accurate, just was tired of wearing tennies or doc martins with my pirate clothes....so to that end, these do work.

**tip**
to make these more comfortable, I added gel insole inserts, and I wore these boots every Saturday and Sunday for 7 weekends strait and these boots are still intact and ready to use again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but gave me blisters, February 20, 2013
The boots shipped and arrived with no problems. They look fine, but they did give me blisters. I know, I probably should have broken them in before Halloween, but how often are pirate boots acceptable attire? They aren't a bad purchase, but if you plan to wear them while doing any walking, make sure you have them broken in and that you have blister pads handy.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like mine but., October 20, 2014
Looks good but not good for ren fairs or s.c.a unless you plan on having them re soled by an actual shoe maker. They are thin and will rip if strained or catches on something.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots! Waterproof, November 5, 2014
If you arent higher than a 12 foot size dont get large. Great boots ! Waterproof too

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 5, 2014
C. Douglas (Southern Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
A little large but that us better than too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirate boots, August 9, 2009
This is an excellent company!! I would work with them again anytime! They worked with me to make sure I got the product on time, even when I ordered the wrong size!!

Funtasma by Pleaser Men's Halloween Captain-105