Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Funtasma by Pleaser Men's Halloween Captain-108
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on April 3, 2010
I ordered these boots as part of my Malcolm Reynolds costume for my wedding reception; Arrived 2 days after ordered, they are nice quality, a good balance between "costume boot" and "everyday" boot. that is to say they wouldnt be good for everyday use, but they aren't some cheap foot cover that looks like a boot.

All-in-all they are alright. a tweak tight on my left foot in the toebox, but i tried them on after being on my feet for 12 hours at work, so that might have something to do with it.

Also: FYI i wear a size 15 shoe, i have found that if need-be (as in the case of costume shoe/boots) i can fit into a size 14 for several hours if i have to. so if you wear a 15 dont be discouraged, try on a pair of size 14 and you may find you too can own a nice pair of boots like this.
review image
on May 22, 2008
I was satisfied that the books came so quickly after delivery. Though the boots were supposed to be my size, they were a bit bigger than I expected. Overall, the boots were very nice. The only downside is that the material is easily creased when you wear them.
on January 6, 2011
I have no idea how these are called wide calf. I'm female and ordered the men's small as I'm a size 10 women's = men's 8. At best the calf would fit 17.5" Not nearly wide enough. They don't zip up past the ankle. I'm really disappointed. I would have thought men's wide calf boots would be wider than female wide calf boots from Funtasma. But I had purchased Funtasma women's wide calf before and they fit! These men's boots don't! I'd have ordered another women's boots, but they don't make women's costume boots without heels and I wanted flats.
on April 25, 2012
Awful. Not what the description says at all. They run big, the 8-9 was more 10.5. They look cheap and bulky. They are not authentic at all. I put them on with the rest of my costume and wow did it look off. I guess for $25 you get what you pay for...
on November 5, 2007
I bought these boots for my husband's Halloween costume this year. They are a decent quality (good for a costume but obviously not for every day use) and very reasonably priced. The boots are sized pretty accurately and are comfortable to wear, even after several hours. They are also rather warm so they are a good choice for outdoor/cold weather costume occasions.
on April 25, 2011
Just what I was looking for. I used mine as Aslan in a community theater production of the lion the witch and the wardrobe and these boots were the perfect finish to the costume. they were accurate on the sizing, I normally wear a 12 and the large size was a little big. Nothing a bit of tissue in the toes wouldn't fix. All in all, they looked great and were a good value.
on December 5, 2011
I purchased these boots for my husband. we were dressing up in costumes for pictures. They worked Great and did the Job. He was a handsome Prince!
on June 11, 2013
It's a nice boot but seems to run on the small size. It fits but pinches at the toe. Maybe it will stretch with breaking in.
on July 19, 2008
While the calf might very well be wider than "standard", they weren't nearly wide enough for me.
on December 18, 2014
My son wanted these to go with an Anime costume. They seem to fit him well and the quality seems good for the money. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because he just tried them on and hasn't worn them yet. Only time will tell if they hold up or are comfortable.

See 1 answered question