4.0 out of 5 stars Decent boots
They look like they do in the picture for the most part. I ordered the dark brown shade and they look more brown than dark, but it still works.

The boots have a zipper in the back and ties.. the zipper does NOT like to unzip or zip back up with is my biggest problem with them, it's to hard to get them on and off.

They go decently far up your leg so...
Published on July 19, 2010 by Joshua Calderhead

2.0 out of 5 stars For skinny men and slender women only.
Published on October 7, 2011 by Shorty L

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars For skinny men and slender women only., October 7, 2011
This review is from: Funtasma by Pleaser Men's Halloween Pirate-100 (Apparel)
They did not make this clear in the product description but at any given foot size you need to have relatively skinny calves to put these on. I ordered one size large just to be safe and they still dont fit around my legs. Feet are flopping loose inside but I cant get them up over my (apparently) too thick calf. They definitely had skinny men or possibly women in mind when they designed these things.

They do look nice though and had they fit properly they would have made a fine costume addition. As such I will have to return them, and ask the seller if theres possibly a way to indicate calf diameter along with each foot size. Quality is actually pretty good for such an inexpensive boot. The zipper hides away provided you can get it all the way up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent boots, July 19, 2010
This review is from: Funtasma by Pleaser Men's Halloween Pirate-100 (Apparel)

They go decently far up your leg so that's a good thing and they look good on. They aren't to pleasing to actually touch in my opinion, you can really tell that they are "fake leather", but they look fine.

Just beware of the zipper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pirate boots, February 3, 2013
JBS (Rocky Mtns) - See all my reviews
I was a 9 1/2 so had to order the M. It was lose, but with a footbed and heavy socks worked fine. The other adult pirates who had "fake" boots (the overlay that has a strap under regular shoes) were VERY envious. There's also a zipper 1/2-way down the back to help put them on, but you almost have to unlace them to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, September 21, 2012
I was a little wary of purchasing because of other some of the other comments but I was pleasantly surprised (which doesn't happen often) when I received these and first put them on. When I ordered these, Amazon did not have my size (I wear a US 10 shoe) in stock, so I had to get the smaller size (Small 8-9), so I was really scared that they would be much too small and not fit. When I first put them on, they fit like a dream! Very comfortable all the way around. My calves are actually somewhat smaller, so the top is slightly big, but makes for a good fit with my pants tucked inside. The bottom part couldn't be more comfortable though. I've been wearing them around all day and they feel great!

The ankle section is a little more flimsy than the rest, but it allows smooth movement of the entire foot and does not restrict ankle movement in the least.

As other comments mentioned, the zipper is a little difficult to zip up, mostly because it hides away and has a flap over it on the inside, so it keeps it protected.

Overall I am very pleased with these. The quality is surprising for the price and complete my adventurer style attire very well. I will be taking these to the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival this weekend, so I'll comment and update on how they performed throughout the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, November 8, 2011
I bought these boots in a pinch for my renaissance fair costume this year fully expecting them to fall apart in short order. To my surprise though they are still looking fine after two weekends at the Texas renaissance festival.

The sole and interior of the boots leave quite a bit to be desired with almost no padding, but a pair of gel inserts goes a long way.

Overall though, for what they cost, these are an excellent pair of pirate boots and for anyone putting together either a Halloween costume or a ren fair costume on the cheap these boots don't disappoint.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for a costume..., March 31, 2008
These boots are good for a costume, but if you are picky about craftsmanship and quality, you might want to pay a bit more for a different pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 Days of Hard Pirate Fest Use - Mission Accomplished, June 16, 2014
I bought these boots hoping to find something that will hold up to this years Pirate Festival, as I never had a real pair of boots. I saw these and, although I saw quite a few bad reviews, decided to go for it, and bought a pair. I wear a size 10 shoe, and the medium fit very very well. I did put inserts in the boots, just to have some additional comfort, and my socks were not thin, but weren't thick either. With the inserts, they fit perfectly. I can't talk about how comfortable they would be WITHOUT inserts, because I always had inserts in my boots. WITH them, however, they were quite comfortable. I saw that one reviewer had a heel collapse on him, but I had no such problem. They held up perfectly fine, my only complaints are that they are a little bit hard to zip up, because of the lacing, and the material can get really hot in direct sunlight. In a nut shell, or a rum bottle because I'm a pirate, I would definitely buy them again.

*EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT*

Wore them for a third day in Disneyland and guess what I noticed! The sole of my right boot is coming apart. WONDERFUL!!!! These boots can't hold up to THREE days of use?????????? They aren't broken or anything, I'll still be able to wear them (And luckily I have inserts in them), it's just disappointing that they are so poorly made at the sole. If you're planning on wearing these one or two nights for a special event or for Halloween, they work great, if you want a sturdy Pirate Boot that you can repeatedly wear, avoid them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fit comfortable and can be worn for a long, June 6, 2014
goofy "bowler" (glen rock,nj usa) - See all my reviews
pirate, santa, Indy Jones, you name it. great fit comfortable and can be worn for a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars what's not in the description, May 22, 2014
They smell like plastic so you'll want to air them out. They have a zipper tat run the full length of the back of the boot. Its camiflaged by the fold over. Because the boots are costume there is little to no traction on the sole. I'll be wearing them during Renfares so I'll stay away from mud. Lol

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall decent, May 1, 2014
To tight around the calves, and a bit troublesome having the zipper located behind laces, the color was off as well ( I ordered brown and received a strange gray-brown? )

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›