4.0 out of 5 stars costume boot, not very rugged
I bought these for a Halloween costume and renaissance festivals, they are excellent for the price, if you've ever looked at footwear at a festival they get very expensive quickly.

These weren't deal breakers for me, but something to consider:
Published on December 9, 2012 by William D. Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price
These boots are good "costume" boots. They are not top quality but pretty good if you only use them once in a while. If you are a common ren faire goer save your money for something nicer.
Published 18 months ago by michael magliano

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars costume boot, not very rugged, December 9, 2012

These weren't deal breakers for me, but something to consider:
there is very little support, the sole is essentially from a pair of cheap shower shoes, not much tread, not very rugged. I wore these for a day at the Texas renaissance festival, and my feet were sore, but not much worse than they would have been anyway from walking all day. If your going to be on smooth paths they aren't bad, but you will feel gravel and cobblestones.

They get sweaty, really sweaty, i wore these for a Halloween costume and they were full of sweat when i got home, i didn't even walk around that much, they have vinyl lining and it makes you sweat, but at least they don't soak it up and get soggy.

Overall, they are good boots for the price if the 2 things i mentioned aren't deal breakers for you, and great for a costume if you don't want to spend $200-$400 for costume boots

4.0 out of 5 stars Renaisssance Boots, August 18, 2008
D. L. Gaida (Schenectady, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
My son Thomas was looking for a boot to wear to the Sterling Renaissance Faire in upstate NY. There is quite a bit of walking and he wanted something that would be comfortable and also add to his costume. We found that in this boot, Thomas said they were quite "comfy" even after walking all day and was complimented several times on his choice of footwear.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, June 10, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Costume Boot, November 8, 2009
For a costume boot it is really well made and looks great! My only complaint would be that it is a little uncomfortable after wearing the boots for an extended period. Iam hoping this can be resolved with some kind of insole insert. Overall a good buy though!

3.0 out of 5 stars I almost got what I paid for., September 14, 2014
I guess for 25 dollars I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but after only about 7 hours of walking around in them at a Renaissance Festival the soles started coming off. I could probably use contact cement to put them back, but I think I'll just get a higher quality pair for next year. All in all I'm not that disappointed. It didn't kill my feet to walk around in them, I just wish they would have lasted longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boot served me well, June 12, 2014
They are flat boots so put a couple foot inserts into the boot before any long walks.

Knowing it was a Costume Boot I was extremely carefull with the laces and I did not try to run in them or anything silly like that.

They held up for a full 12h at the Faire and I'll be wearing them again to the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and not flashy, February 28, 2014
David Neff (DEKALB, IL, US) - See all my reviews
Light and nimble are the best way to describe these boots. Will your feet tire after a long day at the fair? Yes, but guess what any boot is going to do that. The best part is that they are light and even after your feet get tired your still not lugging around the pounds to make it worse! The simple design is great too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 17, 2013
These were for my husband for the Renfest and they were great but did fit a little big on him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Man made, and looks nice, August 3, 2013
Man made materials. They look nice but you will sweat a ton! I suggest buying a bigger size and wearing extra or thick socks to combat this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 2, 2013
These boots were a good price and made well. I bought them for my sons Lord of the Rings Halloween costume. He will be able to use them for many different costumes, great buy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›