4.0 out of 5 stars scary
4-stars for scaring the living s*** out of me, as it was "meowing" in the box before I even opened it
Published 11 months ago by vintod

3.0 out of 5 stars Creepy animatronic nightmare-bot. Daughter loves it.
There is a thin coating of fur and cuteness on the outside of this toy, but just beneath the skin it's a whirring, clicking, mewling abomination. My daughter loves it.

Published 14 months ago by J. Nelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Creepy animatronic nightmare-bot. Daughter loves it., August 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

There are embedded buttons on the back and one front paw, and some sort of visual sensor in the face of this monstrosity, which when activated, cause it to judder through an approximation of kitty-stretching, kitty-pawing, and kitty spine-hyper-extending. My daughter can't get enough of these activities.

This simulacrum of cuddliness is actually rigid and unyielding, since there is no padding, only an orange and white cover stretched over a skeleton of terror, so the toy is entirely inappropriate for taking to bed -- in addition to being as hard as an unusually terrifying rock, it's prone to lurching into its routine of grinding and clanking and pushing your child out of bed in the middle of the night (there is no "night" mode -- only "on", "off", and "try me," the last of which sounds like a vaguely threatening challenge). Nevertheless, my daughter regularly demands it be included in that night's collection of bedtime toys.

In my opinion, it should be burnt and its ashes scattered on holy ground to prevent it from stealing the souls of everyone in the house while they sleep. One star.

From my 27-month old daughter's perspective, it's cuddly-wuddly wonderful and the best present daddy ever gave her. Five stars.

Averaging these two gives me the three star review I've indicated here.

4.0 out of 5 stars scary, November 5, 2013
This review is from: FurReal Friends Daisy Plays-With-Me Kitty Toy (Toy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Appears soft and fluffy but appearances are deceiving, July 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wanted to like this toy. It's one of those electronic hybrid toys that tries to be interactive and fun, however, I have some issues with this toy which I would like to share with you.

Pros:
-Interactive nature. Depending on whether you squeeze the right paw, pat it's back, or wave your hand in front of it's face, it will respond with meows, pounces, and other motions
-The meows are really cute, almost sounds like a real cat

Cons:
-The main issue I have with this toy, is it is really rigid and hard. This is definitely not a huggable toy, in that although it looks furry and soft on the outside, it is hard as a rock to hug
-When the toy is moving, it has a strange mechanical sound, which brings up visions of the terminator in my mind, think old school T1 (and not the fluid T2 or T3)
-The cat is not able to move across a surface, the back legs do not move, only the front paws move

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter Loves it; Parents think it's Possessed, April 26, 2014
This review is from: FurReal Friends Daisy Plays-With-Me Kitty Toy (Toy)
My daughter loves this cute plush robotic household beast. We however, think it is demonically possessed with the spirit of "Mee-Owww" from the Tribe of most ridiculous cat sounds I've ever heard. The cats meow sounds like a 35 year old woman literally saying, "MEOW". Now, most of the time I enjoy it when a 35 year old woman purrs and meows.. (hehe) but I'm not so sure I want my 7 year old daughter playing with this "mid-life crisis cat in heat". My wife says I'm going overboard, but sometimes at night, this thing will randomly cry out for no reason whatsoever. Plus, batteries go in it's butt, so I'm not sure how happy it is. Anyway, we had a blessing done by the gay medium from "Ghost Adventures" and I feel a lot better now. Except now the cat sounds like a 35 year old Tranny saying, "Grrrr". Ugh. Seriously though - buy it. Your kids will love this stupid cat.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 5-Year-Old Granddaughter LOVES it!, July 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We picked this toy for our granddaughter because she has a cat but doesn't quite understand that sometimes real cats don't always like to play. She gets scratched. She gets bitten. And, still, she wants to play. So we thought we could give her an interactive cat toy that would always want to play with her, hoping she would be pleased with the idea.

She was so much more than pleased. She's downright thrilled! She loved how the paws moved and pretended to be feeding it, letting it knead her toes, using the cat toy that comes with it to have it jump up. She sang along with it as it mewed and meowed.

Hours later, our daughter-in-law sent us a text with a photo of our granddaughter, toy cat in her arms, watching television next to daddy. This toy is irrefutably a winner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Daisy delights but needs improvement, July 4, 2013
Adam Thomas (Stephens City, VA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As I picked up the box it startled me because it meowed, the cat came ready to play with 4AA's and is ready to go (once unsecured).

PROS: The cat is quite adorable with huge green eyes and it is quite soft and cuddly. The cat performs several different fun commands: it comes with a feather-like toy which when waved at its forehead the cat 'bats' at it, if her paw is squeezed twice it meows a song. The cat 'cuddles' when you press it's back.

CONS: With all that, for some reason our cat seems unable to walk, it does more of a belly crawl. The cat boasts that it can get up on its hind feet to bat at things but it doesn't execute that move either. Furthers concern are that the cat doesn't seem to turn on unless you squeeze its right paw. While the cat performs you can hear low mechanical grindings. There is no volume control and its meowing can be somewhat grate on your nerves . Lastly, I do wish the cat came with some sort of brush for grooming.

All in all, the cat is very cute, seems well made, but comes up short in my opinion. It seems overpriced and I can't say I would recommend it, probably not.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Meow"…on repeat, December 20, 2013
This review is from: FurReal Friends Daisy Plays-With-Me Kitty Toy (Toy)
I bought this at a store since it was twice the price on Amazon, but as soon as I walked in front of the FurReal cats they all started meowing (loudly) and pawing the air. I stuck one in my cart but had other shopping to do and for 30 minutes, very long minutes, the thing meowed at the bottom of my cart. I tried facing it away from me, facing it down….feverish meowing. Women kept staring at me and my cart as I walked by. Please let me explain…this cat has different meows, and it's not always a sweet, little meow. It's a meow of, "someone's trying to kill me!" Some of the women even asked why meowing was coming from my cart. When I threw the thing in my car, quite irritated by that point, it gave a panicked meow (no joking). I got the thing in my car and it kept meowing…through the drive through and back to work. Needless to say I am a little concerned about the constant meowing once Christmas arrives. The only thing that shut it up finally was to place it in the back of my closet where it is completely dark. All I can say is, when this thing comes out of the box, there better be an off switch, or kitty may just "run away" some day.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fun and almost creepy, July 16, 2013
Ulalume Jones "Creative Gal" (Between Nothing and Nowhere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought these toys would be cool upon seeing them and I was right. This cat is really amazing. She purrs, pounces and rises up on her back legs. She has three sensors and two modes. I think the instructions are wrong in that they say touching her back puts her into cuddle mode. I think the test option on her off/on switch does that and it's a fun feature because in cuddle mode, she doesn't jump, just meows, purrs and kneads. It does feel like a real cat, so I can see why these are used at retirement homes with elder people. The pounce option is neat. You are given a little fluffy toy and she jumps at it. I am sure this would delight any child. It has a lot to offer for the price, but the batteries are already in it. I would recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and fun animatronic cat, July 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like most of the reviewers I was surprised that as soon as I opened the Amazon box I heard mowing. This is due to her light sensor and being in demo mode, but it was a novel treat (although a potential surprise spoiler). The unpacking was middle of the road, if you tried keeping the cardboard intact it would take a long time, but if you just tear through it... there are just two pieces of twine securing the cat and some plastic securing the feather duster. Once you switch it from Demo to On, the cat will move to other positions (Sit/Stand/Pounce) and will often stand up or pounce when a shadow goes over her forehead. She's pleasant to hold in your lap because if you pet her back she kneads her paws like an affectionate cat. However, she is fairly vocal which keeps the amount of interaction time with adults pretty limited, but my 6 year old girl (and to a slightly lesser extent my 4 year old boy) loves playing with "Daisy". Overall she's a welcome addition to our family, I think if they added some sort of feeding and/or walking interactions it would be a 5 star toy.

PROS:
+ Cuddle-able
+ Does tricks without direct touch thanks to light sensor
+ Big enough to be lifelike (small adolescent cat size)
+ Easy care
+ Batteries included

CONS:
- Vocalizations get a little tiresome after awhile
- Pouncing looks more pathetic than cute since back feet kick out (think Bambi on ice)

5.0 out of 5 stars I've bought 3!!!!, November 26, 2013
This review is from: FurReal Friends Daisy Plays-With-Me Kitty Toy (Toy)
I bought the first one for my granddaughters birthday and 2 more granddaughters (cousins) were there and fell in love with it so they are both getting one for Christmas. Really a cute item. Thanks

FurReal Friends Daisy Plays-With-Me Kitty Toy