* Simple shapes to applique--easy enough for a beginner
* Clear instructions on the special techniques needed for these quilts
* Piecing and applique are combined in interesting ways
* 11 patterns for $24.99 means a great value: just $2.27 each
* Designs are easy to visualize in different fabrics
My favorite quilts in Fast, Fusible Flower Quilts are Night Blooms (batiks in amazing blues and oranges) and Amaryllis (see the front cover) but there are half a dozen that could easily go on my "must make" list. I'm so excited about Amaryllis that I made a sample block in the fabrics I m considering.
I believe one indicator of a great pattern is when a quilter can see the design and easily visualize it in fabrics different from those shown. In fact, I can think of so many possibilities for Amaryllis, I might need to make this quilt several times. --Diane Harris, Quiltmaker Magazine
About the Author
Author, teacher, fabric designer, and award-winning quiltmaker Nancy Mahoney, of Palm Coast, Florida, has enjoyed making quilts for more than 25 years. Her beautiful quilts have been featured more than 100 times in national and international quilt magazines. Nancy has designed several fabric lines for P&B Textiles, along with dozens of patterns.