5.0 out of 5 stars great musicianship.
i noticed it because it listed it as a Fusion album and it is a good one with all the great musicians of fusion. And some not so old so it works.
Published on December 28, 2012 by E. Sojka

3.0 out of 5 stars I Expected More
With over two dozen highly accomplished musicians participating on this project, I had high hopes this would be the Jazz Fusion CD of the year. Though it is very listenable, this CD fell far short of my expectations. As for fusion; this work leans much more heavily to the Rock side.
Published on November 4, 2012 by Chasjazzbo

3.0 out of 5 stars I Expected More, November 4, 2012
This review is from: Fusion Syndicate feat. Rick Wakeman, Billy Sherwood, Billy Cobham, Steve Morse, et al. (Audio CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for Vol. 2, January 24, 2013
Razzleberry (Orange County, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Agreed. Very listenable, but somewhat unfocused and no cojones. There's an edge that is missing. It shows up only briefly in track 2. Maybe for the next one someone would invite, say, Allan Holdsworth, Herbie Hancock, Jan Hammer, Jean-Luc Ponty; But next time let's get rid of the funky vamp that seems to be in every song; makes it sound like smooth jazz.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be Awesome with this class of musicians!, June 1, 2013
This review is from: The Fusion Syndicate (MP3 Music)
But, it didn't get the chance to be 'all it could be'. Seems like recorded jams by picked groups of the best talent on the planet. But it seems to fall short of the expectations from the stars lists, due to whatever reasons, they didn't have time or the commitment to the project or what, it just never reaches to the hights I imagined when I read those names playing on each of these songs. That said, there are great moments and grooves and some excititing exchanges along the path, and these mucisians are never in normal or common territory. They play awesome in their sleep so it is well worth the time and money to check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars great musicianship., December 28, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Was waiting to hear something better.................................., October 18, 2012
B. Bernardini "jaco111" (San Antonio, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
you know I have done a lot of jazz review reviews for jazz artists for some time now. This album I heard about I was waiting with utter delight for its release. All stars like Rick Wakeman, Billy Sherwood, Billy Cobham, Steve Morse, and the list goes on. I thought that when you connect All-Star rock players with All-Star jazz players, you would get some tremendous product effect. With minds like these, the most gifted and accurate writers and players, I thought by reading the reviews, before the CD came out, that this would be an excellent CD. I was sorry to say that I was very disappointed in this project. What I got the CD, I listen to it particularly like I do when I do my jazz reviews. A different way of listening to an album, but I wanted to reassure myself that these All-Star players would be in the right perspective. The big word that I have for all of you that will listen to the CD soon, and the major factor that is prevalent and is focused on any type of fusion, whether it's jazz or rock is consistency. Even the first two tracks I listen to about 10 or 11 times trying to get the flow or try to feel what they were trying to express. I grew up in a musical family and attended a music school and heard a lot of very eclectic jazz artists and albums. This didn't fit either category. They would start with the groove, and then branch out, which are supposed to do, but not throw everything in the kitchen sink all in at once. And that's how it sounded. I think Steve Morse played most of the solos throughout this CD and I respect him highly, but in this situation the lead guitarist seemed to overpower any type of "fusion"that there was to be. Tonight I just finished listening to the whole CD, which would be about 18 times. That's the only real thing I can say about this album or recording the songs have no consistency, there's a beginning and then there's a weird middle and they try to referred back to the beginning again and plain and simple becomes a mass. Even when I was listing to the very early Weather Report, with bassist Miroslav Vitous. It was extremely eclectic but there was consistency in the music, there were real feelings going on in that album. In this outgoing, listen to it and has no feeling, it has lots of dynamics, but again I'm very disappointed with these super all-stars that can't make a decent fusion jazz - rock CD. The one thing that you will notice after listening to this many times is that the tempo is always the same in the beginning. I actually took the metronome and found out the time signature of the first track, let it play into the second track and it was the exact same drum feel, tempo. Don't get me wrong I'm not some type of scrutinizer to downplay a CD. After doing this for many years and doing reviews and getting paid for what I listen to ask why I gave it two stars. I feel that I'm an artist that is played music for 30 years plus and have played mostly all different type of music. But as I always say my reviews, you do the listing, you may like it. I have really never given an artist like this anything lower than a four, but I thought with the all-star cast that's recording is fine CD, they could've done much better, much better. As always you can disagree with me and we do have freedom of choice in doing these reviews for Amazon. What I buy it for the people that are on it? Certainly. Like I said, by and you make the decision. I guess I had too much high expectations on the caliber of excellent musicians.

3.0 out of 5 stars truthiness in advertising, November 13, 2013
It was advertised as a band effort bringing these artists together. It was actually a collection of different pieces by different ensembles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fusion of the Best, November 8, 2013
Tim Shullberg (Long Beach, California) - See all my reviews
just for the musicianship, I'll give this 4-stars.
it is extremely well produced, but some will complain that the cuts aren't very "energetic".
the entire album could have been done as pastiches from everybody's home studios
but no mind; everyone is playing well and the combinations of players make for some crazy sounds.
some rock, some prog, some jazz - nicely done

5.0 out of 5 stars great fusion, September 24, 2013
luv this album, its not overly hectic, its easy 2 listen 2 yet musically charged.since each song has different musicians i enjoy comparing the talents and creativity, what each group came up with.larry corryell does a great job and then a song with steve hillage how cool can that b.we need music like this, support it. great job!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Instrumental masterpiece, February 4, 2013
I've been listening to the album over and over. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. The music is absolutely awesome! I'm a big fan of Billy Sherwood but this is not the reason why I rate this album so high. For me, it is the best instrumental album I've ever heard. Period.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great music!!!!!, April 10, 2013
CD is extremely poor quality, sounds muddy on some songs, total loss of fidelity . Music is great just sorry cd is poor quality