5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT phone
This phone is just wonderful for a person that can't see or hear very well. This is the second one I have purchased. I especially like the change in the phone where you can put a different number in the 911 button. My mother is in a rest home and doesn't need 911, so I put a family members number in that. It has an adjustable volume level and it is very clear.
Published on June 25, 2010 by janet

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Item
Published on May 14, 2011 by kim

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT phone, June 25, 2010
janet (Alliance, NE, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, January 15, 2011
MaryMR "Mary" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
This phone is all I hoped it would be. I bought it for my 90-year old mother because dialing 10-digit numbers had become impossible. Now she just presses one button and the phone dials for her. I also modified it slightly by not inserting photos; I thought that photos made it too busy and confusing for her. I removed and turned each photo that came with the phone over to display the plain white back. Then I made Dyno labels for each person she calls and used "home" or "car" after the first name if when there would be a home and a cell number, i.e., "JANE HOME" and "JANE CAR." The Dyno label letters are large and black making it much easier for her than it would have been looking for the correct face. The call quality is excellent and the volume adjustment level covers all needs. My mom is deaf in one ear but even at the middle setting the volume is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars My mother LOVES this phone!!!, January 4, 2011
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
My mother has dementia and could no longer dial the numbers to call us and so this phone is wonderful! It enables her to just as she calls it "push our face" to call us. It has become a joke when we don't call enough she just says I will just push your face then! I would recommend to all who have trouble with thier eye sight or dementia. Thanks for making such a phone available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good idea., June 15, 2013
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
I ordered for my elderly mother not realizing that she would only be able to use the photo buttons. In order to call anyone without a button, it is necessary to flip a switch. This is too complicated for a many people whose dementia is.significant enough to need this phone. I then ordered a similar item which has the photo buttons at the top (we used labels rather than photos) but still has numerical buttons at the bottom so calls can be made without switching modes.
We are using both phones, and they are a godsend! I would recommend the one with both types of buttons unless you want to restrict the calls to a certain group or the phone is for someone who would only call 9 predetermined numbers. They were relatively easy to set up and work great so far. I only wish I had found them sooner! I no longer have to worry about my mother not being able to call us when she is feeling confused.
I am giving it five starts because it is perfect for the right person, but consider whether you want this phone versus one with both photo buttons and numerical ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Item, May 14, 2011
kim (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
In March, 2011, I bought this emplified phone for my mother. This was not the first amplified phone I purchased for her; the first phone (I forgot the brand name -- it may have been AT&T) eventually broke down but after many years of use. But his one -- FC-1007 -- is not working already (now it's May, 2011). My mother complained about it for quite some time but just now I got a chance to try it myself. As you increase the volume of amplification, its noise level also increases -- very loud and unpleasant sound -- so that you can't hear the person at the other end of the line. So in order for you to be able to hear the person, you have to decrease the volume of amplification but then you won't hear very well. How stupid that is for an amplified phone! Its noise level made the phone almost impossible to use. For an amplified phone, it's a lost cause. Its speed dial system via memory works fine, which is the reason why I gave at least one star. But the most important reason for my purchase was amplification function because my mother has hearing problem due to her old age. This is a low quality product. I don't think it's defected but it's manufactured with poor functionality. Please do not waste your money on this phone. Even if I already passed the Amazon deadline for return with full refund, I am still deciding to return it to have at least a partial refund. As a result, I'll be losing more than half of my purchase price over $40.00!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great for Grandma, December 31, 2010
Charley "horse chick" (Kansas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
I got this for my 90 year old grandma who was having trouble dialing phone number/ pushing the speed dial buttons with small names. With this phone it doesn't matter what button she pushes she will get someone in the family. She can't call the operator or 911. She did that on accident trying to dial someone. Its nice also because if someone still wants to use the number keys as normal you can simply switch the switch on the back (something grandma doesn't even see or mess with) Now if your wanting a much much louder ring (something she can hear more than a few feet away) it is still better to also get an amplifier box just the real simple one with flash (find at buy.com for like $10). I put one on each phone and its helps a huge huge amount with being able to get a hold of her and not worry. The phone is great the only thing I noticed is that I think grandma got some crumbs in it (its by where she sits all day and eats most of the time) and one the keys stuck down and the phone wouldn't work. After shaking and pushing the key several times to move the crumbs its was okay. So if your someone tells you they are having phone problems check that.

I like the phone a lot because its easy for my grandma to get a hold of us even if she still thinks she has to dial this way it will dial who ever the first button she pushes. It also holds several more numbers than her old phone so I put some of us in multiple times (better chance of getting certain one's of us that are move able to answer). Make sure you cover up the 911 button if you have someone like my grandma who just pushes buttons to call someone.

It is loud but not supper loud if their hearing comes and goes but does just what I was wanting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 20, 2012
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
This was purchased for my father who has Alzheimer's disease and had forgotten how to dial a telephone.
The pictures helped him to know who he was calling with just a touch of a button. Unfortunately, the disease has progressed and he is unable to use it now. I will definitely pass this on to another family who is going through dementia issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, February 6, 2012
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
This phone does not work! Similar to another comment I reviewed, this phone is 100% NOT dependable. The dial tone is not consistent and the phone simply tends to work when it feels like working. I've even had my phone jack investigated to see if that was the cause for the faultiness of the phone's operation, and the phone jack inspector gave the jack an A-ok. This phone simply does not work consistently, and the bad part is that I'm only entitled to a partial refund 6 months after I've realized it's a peice of crap. In my opinion, I wish someone would have told me prior to purchasing, DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away, January 13, 2012
Diane (WICHITA FALLS, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
At first the product was great, worked as promised. However after less than two months, it stopped working. No dial tone. Zip.
This is a product that you can not depend upon. I am upset about the waste of money to buy it but I AM MORE CONCERNED THAT I HAD
TRUSTED IN THIS PRODUCT.

5.0 out of 5 stars God send!, July 18, 2013
This review is from: FutureCall FC-1007 Phone (Office Product)
This phone was a god-send! My 91-year-old mother was no longer able to correctly dial her children's phone numbers, so having the ability to program our numbers into the unit and then using photos instead of having to dial was the perfect solution! Mom has six children scattered around the country, so I just programmed all of our phone numbers into the phone and inserted each of our pictures into the corresponding slot. Now all she has to do is push the photo of the son or daughter with whom she wishes to speak. All of the assisted-living aides where Mom lives marvel at the ingenuity of this phone and are recommending it to others in the facility who are experiencing the same type of problem.

FutureCall FC-1007 Phone