- Hardcover: 216 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2005 edition (January 14, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1852337915
- ISBN-13: 978-1852337919
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.3 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,056,423 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Future Interaction Design Hardcover – January 14, 2005
Top Customer Reviews
Our current interaction modes may one day be regarded as hopelessly primitive and awkward. Technology constrains us to, most commonly, a keyboard and mouse. Speech recognition is steadily improving, but is not quite as robust as it should be.
The book speculates that maybe we might interact with a computer that assumes a "persona" or character. A radical departure from what we do at present. But much has to happen. At the very least, heavy improvements in artificial intelligence are needed to buttress that character, so that it can interact meaningfully with us.