Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 12, 2014
I have read the After Dark series by Kahlen Aymes and was immediately a fan. While the first book of the Remembrance Trilogy is different, it is just as engrossing as the other series. This book has great characters that are well defined and emotionally driven. I love character driven plots and the Future of Our Past certainly delivers.
What do you do when you are faced with the possibility of moving away to chase your dream but leave your best friend behind? How do you reconcile the fact that you are madly in love with your best friend and that not seeing him or her everyday will tear you apart? This is the situation presented in The Future of Our Past. Ryan and Julia are best friends but refuse to acknowledge that they are deeply in love with each other. They fear that if they become lovers and something happens, their friendship would be forever damaged; a thought that neither of them could bear. They have fought their attraction for four years. With Ryan moving across the country to attend medical school, something has to change. While Julia has her own career dreams, her heart and life belong to Ryan.
The book follows the struggle to accept their love for each other in the romantic sense, while still keeping their deep friendship intact. The story is sweet, funny, emotional and at times sad. Women will forever be ruined for any other man after reading about Ryan Matthews. The lives of Ryan and Julia change in many ways, and while the ending is heart-stopping, the next book in the series if available. The supporting characters in the book are just as well developed as the main characters. The writing is emotional and Kahlen Aymes has the market cornered on angst. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and immediately moved onto the next book in the series.
on July 3, 2013
This was one of the most passionate love stories I have ever read! I was hooked from the very beginning. The author does such a great job of getting us to feel all of the emotions that these two best friends feel toward one another. The friendship, the love, the longing all bleed through the pages as you read along. It has plenty of steamy scenes that are beautifully written and don't come off as vulgar or crass- just so loving! I've never wanted two characters to be together as much as Ryan and Julia. I am so glad I waited to read this series so that I can go ahead and dive into the second book! I'd be dying if I had to wait for it to be released!
on March 2, 2013
Kahlen Aymes is an amazing writer and she writes with such passion!
This is the 1st book of the "Rememberance Trilogy" will bring you to tears. This a real love story between Ryan Matthews and Julia Abbott. They are best friends but are afraid to cross that sacred line of friendship. After he gets acceptance letter to Harvard Medical School, they can no longer deny the feelings they have for each other. They finally porfess that they love each other after 4 years of friendship what everyone else has seen for years. When they finally have there night of passion, he realizes her certain situation and he completely embraces it. When tradegy strikes will their love survive? Well you'll have to read "Don't Forget to Remember Me"
on October 23, 2012
I just finished this book today and I absolutely find it captivating and romantic.

Rewrite from goodreads:

I am a big fan of this book because it talks about best friends falling in love as well as long distance relationships (which I can very much relate to). Being away from the one you love is like ripping away a part of you, painful and lonely.

Kahlen uses such beautiful words to describe the love that Julia and Ryan share with each other. I adore that she focuses more on their love making (yep almost every chapter! HOT) and pointing out the importance of career as well. It feels so normal to read this book, I know how the medical profession can be so demanding with time because I am a nurse.

"The sound of your voice is the last thing I need to hear in this life. My soul recognizes yours..and yours mine." Oh.My.God this is so effin' sweet.

The story will make you realize that time is everything, seize the opportunity to tell someone how you feel!
It's all about destiny and best friends and having each other despite the distance.

This is 10 stars! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And I am now going to purchase book 2 and from the title only, I cannot resist reading it although it is almost 1am here in the UK. Kahlen's personality is also as beautiful as her characters, follow her on twitter @Kahlen_Aymes :)
on August 18, 2013
I read this a long time ago as her fanfic but the original work is so much better! I always felt her fanfic characters were just wrong in the story and that they needed their own voice, they got it in this story.

I'm wholeheartedly recommending this book to others and quickly moving onto book 2 "Don't Forget to Remember Me".
on March 1, 2013
This was truly a wonderful love story! I read it at work during my breaks, during my lunch and as soon as I could when I got home. The love between Julia and Ryan was so deep; I was very pleased that they were best friends first, being able to communicate and understand one another is the first key to any successful relationship, sex is only secondary if you don't have the love driving the passion.

I really enjoyed reading the intensity of of love shared between the two characters, even when you think all is lost, true love with in prevails! It's wonderful and I can't wait to read the next chapter of this wonderful love story!

To the Authur Kayleen Aymes, I do applaud you for the intensity,undying love and most of all length of the storyline, I really don't like to read stories where just when you are getting interested and pulled into the storyline, you have to buy the next chapter and others to follow just to get to the end! It's wonderful and I look forward to your future publishing's.

Sbrugh
on August 26, 2013
the beauty of this book is beyond amazing... words just fail me to describe what I felt when I read this trilogy but one thing is certain I felt the power of their love... my heart was filled with love that I continuously read the trilogy non-stop... I was so flabbergasted by Ryan and Julia's amazing love. I don't know if 5 star will ever be enough to give justice to this wonderful story, a million star probably... THIS BOOKs JUST TAKES MY BREATH AWAY!

I will surely recommend this to my cousins and friends... (The Remembrance Trilogy)
on May 22, 2013
The Future of Our Past by Kahlen Aymes
Review by Hetty, BestSellers & BestStellars

I stumbled upon this outstanding novel while in search for my next favorite read. FOUND IT!

Beginning with the front cover and ending with the last word, everything about this book was beautiful. Ryan and Julia are absolutely magnificent! You cannot help falling in love with them and their story will stick with you long after you finish reading it. I received my first "book hangover" from this series and you never forget your first!

Ryan and Julia meet in college and quickly become inseparable best friends. They have romantic feelings towards each other but are afraid of damaging their friendship so they keep their feelings a secret. With college graduation looming over their heads and future obligations taking them to opposite coasts, they feel the pressure of keeping their feelings from each other. Distance strains their relationship but their feelings for each other burns bright within them and refuses to extinguish. The love they possess proves to be stronger than everything pushing them apart.

It is my all time favorite element of a storyline when best friends fall in love so I was immediately sucked in. Situations involving best friends falling in love are hit or miss for me. It is all about how long the author makes us wait for the couple to finally admit their true feelings to each other. Kahlen timed it just right! She makes you squirm with want for just long enough to tease your sensual appetite before getting to the `good stuff' (*wink, wink*). And how GOOD it is! Ryan and Julia are romantic and sweet yet hot and erotic. No matter what you fancy, you will be satisfied!

The Future of Our Past is an emotionally charged, glorious romance. Ryan and Julia's love goes beyond description with words. You actually feel their powerful connection and understand that no two people could be more perfect together. Kahlen's writing is absolutely exquisite! Ryan is gorgeous, intelligent, driven, romantic... the whole package ladies! He will fly to the top of your book boyfriends' list. Julia is elegant, genuine, beautiful, creative, generous... the jelly to Ryan's peanut butter. They share a lifetime kind of love that is never ending, even through tragedy.

"My soul recognizes yours and yours mine" ~Ryan

"I could never forget you Ryan, you're burned into me forever" ~Julia

Too good to be true? Not with these two! That was another huge reason I loved this book. There is no broken past or dark secret waiting to be exposed that rips the couple apart. Many novels I read have this enormous conflict waiting around the corner that eventually ruins the relationship (although they do always patch things up for a HEA). Ryan and Julia are realistic and their story is just pure, incredible love.

"Ryan, you've completely wrecked me. If I wasn't before, I am now. I didn't believe it was possible to love you more than I did... but I do" ~Julia

"Julia... You own me. I can never be with anyone else, I never want anyone else... I only want you for the rest of my life..." ~Ryan

You become captivated and completely absorbed as the pages continue to turn. Putting this book down is not an option and you will read straight through the night!
The ending will leave you gasping for breath so it's a good thing you can dive right into the second book, Don't Forget to Remember Me.

This is one of my favorite books of ALL TIME! Buy your copy today... the hopeless romantic in you will be thankful!

5+ Stars! Thank you for stunning read Kahlen Aymes.
on February 11, 2013
I absolutely loved this book! Ryan Matthews was my favorite book boyfriend of 2012! Kahlen Aymes is a fabulous author. She had me laughing, crying, happy, sad . . . I couldn't put the books down! I read both books in 2 days after my kids went to bed and barely slept at all! So worth it though! Definitely great books! If you have read Fifty Shades, Gabriel's Inferno and Rapture, Hopeless, Thoughtless, Effortless, Wallbanger, Easy, Slammed, Beautiful Disaster, The Edge of Never, Sempre, etc., you will love Kaylen's books! Read them!
on April 21, 2014
This book should be considered one of the greatest love stories of all time. Ryan and Julia start out as friends in college -- best friends -- and their relationship blossoms into much, much more. I found myself sad every time they had to separate. Unlike many other books of this genre, neither of them has a pile of emotional baggage from their pasts. In fact, they are both pretty normal. The ending is a cliff hanger that forced me to buy the second book. Can't wait to see how this trilogy ends, but will be sad when it does!