Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Future Perfect
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on November 27, 2011
It is soooo frustrating that authors re-run their books without being honest about it.ICK on every level- it's so easy to tell.
WORSE is that Amazon, especially via Kindle, does not allow a sort order of ORIGINAL/first in any format publish date. NOBODY cares about the arbitrary kindle publish date (this is a completely nonsensical date).
Consumers MUST demand that ORIGINAL(first time ever) publish date be a data field for any and all online book sales and that the user can sort by this.
1414 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 26, 2011
This was a great, winter day romance. It was warm and cozy. Juliana owns and operates a Victorian bed and breakfast; Webster is an author suffering from writer's block. He comes to stay and falls for her. She is hiding a deep secret. She is dyslexic and has never learned to read.

Neither of them is looking for love. Juliana has been hurt before and Web doesn't even believe in love. At first the attraction is physical but soon they come to love each other because of who they both are. But the course of their romance can't run smoothly. First there is Web's bout of the flu and then an ice storm comes just when Juliana's best friend is ready to have her third child. And along the way Juliana is worried about an upcoming visit from a reviewer from a major newspaper (which leads to still another misunderstanding) and Web has to deal with his writer's block.

Juliana is a strong, independent woman who has set the course of her life and doesn't want to change it. Web is the cynical but lonely man with a bad childhood. It was great seeing them finally decide to risk their hearts with each other. The side characters are also interesting and well-rounded. I really enjoyed this romance.

Truth in advertising is that this is a reprint of a 1993 romance. I didn't read it when it was out the first time. I didn't find it very dated. The only thing I really noticed was the use of a CB radio in an emergency situation instead of the cell phone that would be used today. Even though it is an earlier book by the author it has the hallmarks I have come to expect - well-drawn characters with strengths and flaws and a heart-warming romance.
on January 28, 2012
I love Suzanne Brockmann's hero books, and I have enjoyed all of her older romance stories. This is no exception. The characters are very likeable, even if they are too good looking (hey, this is fiction!). It's a feel-good romantic story, and in a perfect world I would have had Webster. I think the book's worth reading just for him. He is kind of perfect, even when he is a jerk (in Juliana's opinion, not mine). I even got teary during a power outtage with Liz, Webster, Juliana and a boom box.

I agree with other reviewers that reprint books are confusing. It seems everyone is doing it. I'm a senior with less-than-stellar memory these days, and I have always read a lot. I read the back cover (not possible online) and check the publication (and reprint) dates, and if it's new, I hope it's not sitting at home in my recently purchased book pile. I will scan a few pages of reprints to see if I can remember reading it when it was originally published, and if it isn't familiar, I buy it. Occasionally, once I get into the story, I realize I have already read it, but usually I don't remember enough so I read it again...especially if it's one I just bought new. The good thing about reprints is being able to read older books by favorite authors I hadn't been able to find or didn't know existed.

I recommend Future Perfect if you want an old-fashioned romance. It kept my interest, and I was sorry to come to the happy ending.

I wonder if there's a Sam and Liz book floating around somewhere..I'd like to read their story!
on December 1, 2011
This is only the third book by this author I've read, so I can't comment on whether or not it's a re-release of an older book. In any case, I enjoyed it. There were a few things about the writing that irritated me, like excessive and unnecessary dialogue tags (he said, she said) and some over-the-top emphasis on the leads' attraction to one another in the beginning, but once the story got going, it flowed well and seemed more realistic. The hero was a nice mix of masculine and tender, but I would have liked a love scene that was more languid and focused on the heroine at some point - Web came across a little like a hair-trigger, hormonal teenager. This is not an edge of your seat suspense, but it is a nice romance with likable characters. Four stars.
on November 27, 2011
I bought this book yesterday at the grocery store. Most people will stone me but I don't follow her military romantic suspense books. I do, however, read her earlier contemporaries. I haven't read this one until today. I was not disappointed.

This book is near perfect. This book was original released in 1993 and for all intensive purposes was not updated with the modern tech toys that we have now and frankly, it doesn't need it. Its a love story between two people that don't trust love but end up trusting the love that they have for each other.

Juliana and Webster are perfect for each other. Webster fell in love from the moment that he saw her in her costume that she wore for her bed & breakfast that she owned. He is suffering from severe writer's block and decides to stay at the B&B for six weeks hoping that he can write his book. What he finds is his muse in Juliana.

Juliana has come from the school of hard knocks. When her grant aunt Alicia took her in at 16, she found someone that loved her, gave her a home and a purpose in life. She vowed to never fall in love and never marry. From the moment that Webster arrived at her B&B, she never knew what hit her.

The raw emotions that are between Webster and Juliana are real and heartfelt. Some harsh words are said between them but it is not neatly wrapped up in a few paragraphs in the end. They still have hurdles and hurt feelings to sort through. The bedroom door is open considering the book was published in the early 1990's and are emotional and raw.

I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to read a contemporary romance with a few surprises about both of them that make you say WOW in the end. (spoilers if I told you and I HATE spoilers in a review)
on April 16, 2014
This was a good and easy read. Unfortunately the basis of the story and the female lead's problem was not disclosed soon enough. Had I, the reader, known of her problem earlier, I would have had a better understanding of the struggle she was enduring. As always, I enjoy Suzanne Brockman's books, but this one is just okay.
on December 12, 2011
Really like Suzanne Brockmann books, both her troubleshooters and the few romances i've read. They all had something unique and special to them that kept me engaged and interested. This book has a cliched, predictable plot line with VERY cliched lines. I find myself continually wincing at the dialog ... and there is nothing there to hook me in and make me want to continue reading, not even the characters. Don't find that I like any of them much at all. Don't even think I'll finish it as it just seems a waste of my precious time.
on March 31, 2016
I'm always looking for a great read, and count on Suzanne Brockman . I love the "troubleshooter s" (especially Jules and..) all of them, but this was just a plain old romance story, a very predictable love story, the main characters were dull.
on April 30, 2016
This was an awesome book with very little sex in it and nothing hardcore. It was a lovely story about finding love and forgiveness. I highly recommend this book to all and I will be keeping this on my read agin list.
on August 4, 2012
I am a greet fan of Suzanne Brockman. I am also sorry I didn't read the reviews before getting the kindle edition. It is an older one of her books and would probably resonate with a young girl in middle school. It is strictly romance for romance's sake. Yawn.