5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST Cloth Book We Could Find! Fun, Fun, Fun!
FUZZY BEE AND FRIENDS is an excellent cloth book. I went shopping for a cloth book early on, when my baby had gotten the idea of turning pages but could not easily turn the pages in a board book. We looked at a lot of not-so-fun cloth books, Finally we found FUZZY BEE. We have both gotten hours of fun out of reaidng book!

FUZZY BEE AND FRIENDS features nine...
Published on July 21, 2006 by Jennifer Juday

1.0 out of 5 stars Safety Concern
Published on February 23, 2010 by Amix76

1.0 out of 5 stars Safety Concern, February 23, 2010
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
I love this book! It is so cute, but I can't give it a good review because of the construction. We bought it for our daughter when she was a bit older so she never chewed on it. I was excited to take it back out for my son and he does love it, but he is a chewer and the color from the beetle wings have faded making me wonder if he is ingesting the paint??? This concerns me greatly since another book by this company has been recalled due to possible problems with lead content. Buyer beware!
[...].

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST Cloth Book We Could Find! Fun, Fun, Fun!, July 21, 2006
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)

FUZZY BEE AND FRIENDS features nine interactive illustrations (including the fuzzy bee on the crinkly-sounding cover). Each page has a simple, brightly colored illustration with something interesting to touch.

FUZZY BEE AND FRIENDS also features better-than-average text. A number of the cloth books we saw had text that was pretty lame. FUZZY BEE has two rhythmic, rhymed lines on each page. There is no ongoing story, but each pair of lines gives you a little bit os story about the character on the page.

Our favorite pages in FUZZY BEE AND FRIENDS: the beetle bug, who has two blue iridescent wings that both move; the butterfly with a red satin wing you can move; the spider who has eight black legs you can play with (our baby especially loved this when learning to pinch); and a dragonfly with four soft netting wings (great for grasping and also sucking on). Only a couple of pages get skipped over quickly when my baby turns the pages.

My baby is 11 months old and has been enjoying this book for 5-6 months now. He is now more likely to pull out a board book, but still clearly enjoys this one occasionally. A friend of ours who is a year older found the rhyme and the new words (names of insects) enough fun that we read it a number of times.

I have looked at Priddy's other cloth books, and none is quite as good as FUZZY BEE AND FRIENDS. If you only get one cloth book, make it this one. Oh, and this would be a fabulous shower gift. FUZZY BEE is not so famous that anyone is likely to get several copies, and it is a fun, useful book.

Buy and enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fuzzy Bee and Friends, February 5, 2006
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
The first time my daughter played with this book she bit a hole in the plastic which covers the snail. The thin plastic -- akin to saran wrap -- came off with a little pulling. I think it presents a serious choking hazard; I am returning the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fuzzy Bee has been downsized, June 16, 2008
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
I have no problem with the book - my daughter loves the characters in it - just the fact that Priddy Books has apparently eliminated two characters (Sally Spider and Fly to be exact). The only reason I know this is because I recently bought (and returned) Fuzzy Bee based on our enjoyment of an older version. The reduced characters/number of pages wouldn't necessarily be a problem except that Priddy Books is apparently trying to pull a fast one - the copyright date, ISBN, etc. are all exactly the same...only there's two fewer characters and pages than before. Perhaps there's a good explanation for it, but Priddy Books won't return my phone calls. So I'm giving Fuzzy Bee the lowest rating out of principle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, but fades in wash., July 5, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
My 5 mos old daughter enjoys chewing and manipulating this book since it has lots of fabric flaps to tug (ex: as insect wings) textures (shiny fly eyes, worm skin) and bright colors.
The cover is crinkly and it closes with Velcro. It would have been nice if it had a fold back Velcro tab so you can wash the book open without it snagging on things. It also would have been nice if the snail was a squeaker or if the spider would dangle from the web on a cloth cord. The little spider legs are cute, but very spindly and small -- watch out in case they come off with wear.
I'm a bit concerned about the colors fading/bleeding in the wash but overall it's one of the more attractive cloth books for babies and I think it was a good choice. Perhaps soaking it in vinegar when it is first new would have helped with the color fastness?
My 6 year old niece enjoyed reading the page rhymes out loud, so it ought to have a good lifespan.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a jip!, December 25, 2008
Amy B (Columbus, MS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
I recently bought this book for my baby because he had played with a friend's book and loved the spider page. Well, when we opened up the new book, low and behold, there is no spider page! It seems that this book doesn't have two of the character's that the older version has! Amazon needs to update their website and Priddy Books needs to go back to the original! Please be aware that your book may not match the book online!

1.0 out of 5 stars Received the shorter version, June 23, 2009
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
As some other 1-star reviewers pointed out, the book you get is not the one featured under "search inside this book". This one contains only six characters, not eight (see my uploaded customer image). Feeling deceived!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crinkly and Colorful!, January 9, 2005
Franz Metcalf (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
I've not yet washed the book, so I can't comment on colorfastness. I can only say that Fuzzy Bee (and especially his friends dragonfly and spider) are a huge hit with my five month old. I bought this book as "filler" to make it to twenty-five dollars and get free shipping. Now I don't even remember what the "main" purchase was, but this one gets used every day.

With its variously shaped wings to play with, its crinkly cover, and its pretty good rhymes, this book is already my daughter's favorite and is likely to remain so for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy hours for mom and baby!, July 7, 2006
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
My son has several of the Roger Priddy "... and Friends" books and he really loves them all. This one is a particular favorite because of its great variety of textures and flaps. The colors are so bright and contrasty, especially the bee on the cover, and that really appeals to the under-1 set.

The dragonfly (with translucent "wings" that the reader can grab) and the beetle (with iridescent blue shells that can be lifted, manipulated, and lovingly gummed) are big hits. And all the "...and Friends" books feature the crinkly-sounding cover that babies can't get enough of. My son even enjoys opening and closing the velcro closure, which makes a fascinating sound all its own!

What I love most about these books is that I can leave them in the crib when my baby sleeps and not worry about having sharp things poking him, or having him choke on a loose part. I've found these books very sturdy and safe. I often wake up to find him already awake, sitting in his crib "reading" them quietly, and as a mother I can tell you that any book that can buy you a few minutes' extra sleep in the morning is worth its weight in platinum.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not wash!, June 11, 2008
This review is from: Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) (Rag Book)
So I read all the reviews before buying the book and felt that I could wash this in the washer/dryer. We have a front loader one and I put in a laundry bag to make it 'extra safe'... I wanted to wash it before giving to our daughter since she loves putting these in her mouth... well it's now all crumpled and has dull lifeless colors. I try to get her to enjoy it but to no avail. If you get this my advice is to not wash in the washer. (Versus her "taggie" books like "Princess", we can wash and dry w/no worries, they just get softer and more fun to suck on!)

Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books)
Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books) by Roger Priddy (Rag Book - September 13, 2003)
$11.99 $5.82