4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
Published 12 months ago by JDLowe

I bought this unit for the purpose of BBQ style Impromptu DJ parties and it's exactly what I asked for. There are a lot of features on this unit and some of them work as you would expect.
Pros
The SD card reader, USB reader work like iPod shuffles and play music in an invisible order on loop.
Bluetooth capability, although disconnects after 20 minutes...
Published 3 months ago by Jake

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, August 21, 2013
This review is from: G-300HL Professional Portable 12" Speaker PA System With Dual Wireless Microphones & Rechargeable Battery
I am a band director at a rural mid-Michigan school. I needed a loud speaker that could communicate effectively to my students on a football field for marching band. Loud speaker units targeted to our market are EIGHT TIMES more expensive than this unit. I've been using this daily for two weeks so far, and it is awesome. We can plug in iPads, iPhones and iPods for music during calisthenics, I can teach effectively and not kill my voice, it's reasonably lightweight and my students can move it when appropriate. I thought I would use the headset microphone more, but find myself using the handheld mic (kids think I look like a lounge singer!) So far, the only drawback is that I am picking up radio softly during use... I can adjust the various volume inputs to minimize that. So it's not a big deal in a rural community, but might be a bigger deal if you use this unit in a suburban or urban setting. Recommend for band directors looking for an inexpensive loud speaker system.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you expect! a loud finnicky pa with good battery life!, May 28, 2014
Pros
Bluetooth capability, although disconnects after 20 minutes
3 quarter inch ins
Free wireless mics that prevent feedback very well
Fm capability, although I have no idea how to change the presets (please comment if you know how)
Can get loudd
Battery life lasts a great amount esp if you don't blast music from it the whole time

Cons
There are two wireless mics pre matched to the quarter inch inputs labeled as such, so if you plug your quarter inch in from your mixer in Mic 2, you will be controlling the volume for both the mixer and the wireless Mic
Kind of harsh in the upper mid / lower high range, which makes it hard to talk over a bit
Broken English instruction sheet
Absolutely no customer service
Lots and lots of static noise when all volume dials are turned up with no music.

I highly reccommend to get the squaretrade warranty add-on to the Amazon order since GTD as a company cannot be trusted. Warranty or not you're out of luck of your unit breaks or ships broken.

A lot of people complain about the static. Turn down any dials you're not using and make sure the signal coming in isn't too hot (on my MacBook pro, I get distortion after turning up my computer volume past half way)

Also, another big complaint is the radio. Instead of turning down the radio volume, switch it to Bluetooth and you will no longer hear the faint radio signal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for price, April 7, 2014
This price range is close to the lower half of others in this category so I wasn't expecting much. Really great sound. Provided lav mic leaves a lot to be desired. Battery option is a nice feature when on the go. Have not tested to see how long it will last but the most we would need is 4 hours. Rollers aren't all that great so don't buy it for this feature. It's a little wobbly. Otherwise, I am please with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, great sound, November 3, 2013
Great speaker, great sound - and it is battery powered. I use it nearly daily as both a PA speaker and a monitor.

Mic that comes with: Meh. Not for singers. Works for public address but not great quality sound.

Overall love it but will have to find a different mic for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tailgate Speaker, June 30, 2014
I use this speaker for tailgate partys.. overall performance is better than expected.. battery last about 8 hours.. bluetooth feature is a big plus and works well..

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice system if I could get the wheels!, June 10, 2014
J Collins (Marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
Sound is very good, Options for Music and Bluetooth are a nice addition. System also can share speakers with other systems. Just wish they would send me the wheels which were not included when I received the system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pyle G-300HL Review, October 18, 2013
Nice and portable, sounds good. like the fact that it is on wheels. I was surprised at how good it sounded considering it's size, but that's technology now adays. Good!

4.0 out of 5 stars unbeatable for the Price !!, August 20, 2013
Convenience Convenience Convenience ! are defiantly at the top of the pros List . Just turn it on How easy is that nothing to wire .
Totally happy for the Money . its so nice don't want to be nit picky but just want to inform others and the company only con il mention is it would have been cooler if you had separate eq for the mics so u could eq the music and the mic sound separately. But again all in all , nice little system

4.0 out of 5 stars Ordered this for Girls Camp, July 20, 2013
This shipped quickly. Works great!!!! The girls had fun using the two wireless mics. We liked having the clip on mic for our those speaking for a length of time. It is a little confusing figuring out how to get music to play from a memory card. There are no instructions for how to use this awesome machine which is frustrating. We had to get a DJ friend to educate us on all the bells and whistles. Over all, this is a great machine. Light weight, easy to move around.

1.0 out of 5 stars volume terrible. Bad distortion as well, August 4, 2014
What a piece of junk!!! I have an event company and have used Pyle products which are of cheap build, but at least they have customer service. Blue tooth doesn't work, volume terrible. Bad distortion as well.

Rate and Discover Movies