Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 16, 2011
Some great memory.

Don't worry about the CAS timings being a tad high, but with the memory at 2133 mhz, which is kinda over what you need for hardcore gaming, you can lower the CAS timings, and lower the memory clock, to around 1800, with the CAS somewhere around 9, or 8.

2x4gb is all you need for gaming, but if you need to get more, for say video encoding, you still have two empty ram slots in your MoBo.

The heat spreader is not too tall, but check if your aftermarket cpu cooler goes over some ram slots.

TL;DR-
Brilliant ram, BUY IT!
review image
55 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2014
Have an MSI FM2-A55-E33 mobo with an A-10 6800k apu and noticed a slight improvement when I upgraded from 1600 MHz. Extra RAM speed will improve the performance of these types of APU. I had to manually set the speed up from default for the new cards in the mobo's bios. You may have to update the bios of the mobo as well, depending on the brand and version. I can play the latest games at Medium settings with no serious frame issues and am very happy with the performance of this pair of G.Skill's
on January 19, 2013
This is excellent RAM (Stable, durable, easy to physically install, and fast!). Please be aware of how to USE the RAM before you complain that it shows up at 1066mhz. You need to adjust the RAM speed manually via the BIOS to set it to 2133. You system then recognizes (and uses it) as such.

No complaints so far. Will probably get 2 more DIMMs soon.
on December 19, 2015
Came on time if actually a day early! Smart looking in shiny red for those that want the look for their internals. My older teen son has been upgrading his gaming computer (my older daughter too-see reviews under my name). This was originally for my daughter's computer but her upgrade capacity only had 2 slots and since these are wider/thicker by design due to looks, they would not fit. Not a problem however, as we simply swapped them out with my son's RAM sticks as his are simply no frills sticks (he's actually the one blinging his computer anyway with lights, fans, serious upgrades slowly).but same RAM capacity. He had 4 slots available which also means he had wider area with which to work with.

So bottom line, check the size area where your putting these in and make sure you have enough clearance for the thickness! Only reason I subtracted 1 star because these are not "universally" compatible for spacing. But great in every other way. Sharp looking and my son LOVES them! (Too bad for my daughter but she's a grown up and not into the bling factor, just function)
on September 19, 2013
Pros: Looks cool, tested fine (no errors), and apparently runs with better stats than advertised. Stably I might add.

Cons: Could always be cheaper, but I am happy...

Other Thoughts: The ignorant will probably reduce ratings as one has to enable XMP in the BIOS to fully utilize the speed of this memory.
on December 27, 2015
It came as expected and has helped my PC run faster I might decide to get me a couple more.
Make sure they are securely into the memory slot. These are easy to insert, and my computer had no issues accepting memory.. Make sure these are actually what you need because that would be the biggest problem buying the wrong memory for PC.
on December 4, 2012
Really really good,they are sooo fast ,cool and worked with no errors or boots so far ,Highly recommended for thier price (I grapped them 46.99 $ ,which is great deal for such high quality Ram.
My G1 Sniper 3 Recognized them instantly ,and eventhough they are already overclocked,there is still some room for more!!
Highly recommended.
on May 17, 2014
This is my millionth purchase of G.SKILL Ripjaws.

PRO:

1. Never fails, ever!
2. Looks awesome in any case.
3. G.Skill prices vs. the others, so glad there are many makes and models to choose from.

CON:

1. Wish they'd make some new colours. Gold, green, yellow, etc.
2. Ordered too many, so now I have some in case (highly doubt it) these go bad.
3. Does not smell like bacon, delicious bacon.

OTHER:

Get these or another variation of G.SKILL RAMM, they are always 100% in my book.

Peace!
on April 3, 2014
I bough 2pack from this for my new computer and is working really good.
Highly recommend for gamer builds.A great price and value for my computer upgrades
i7-4770K and ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO ,Corsair Hydro Series H110i with 16 GBG.SKILL DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 .
and i am very happy with the performance
on March 19, 2014
Hi, I bough this for my new computer and is working really good, MY MB sets as default de speed at 1600MHz, but I just had to change it to 2133 and it tis working very good.

One week and there are not problems, I do recommend this Memory taking into account that it was also tested by Gigabyte for my AMD A88X motherboard.