Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 8, 2013
I am annoyed. While browsing Casio's website I spotted this watch an bought it for two reasons - first, I wanted the cloth wrist band (which is great) and second, I saw the lower LCD windows had white lettering. And there's the rub. That appears to be photoshopped by Casio. As others have noted on similar models of this watch style, the lower LCD windows are a black background with a gray - NOT - white letter/numbering. The black/gray makes them virtually impossible to read in low light, and even in normal light, at certain angles, you can't see the display very well. Overall, I still like the watch, and I've decided to keep it despite what amounts to what I feel is false advertising by Casio for making those lower LCD displays look much brighter than they actually are.

Now if Casio did make this watch with white alpha/numerals down below, this would be a kick-posterior watch. I am annoyed enough that I think I will complain to them. Who knows - maybe somebody will listen. And one more addition would have made this watch 'perfect' at least for me - if it were an atomic watch.

On the strap - I also own a G-Shock pathfinder with the plastic strap. This cloth strap is great, actually one of the best cloth straps on a watch I've owned - it's very comfortable and doesn't have that sticky/icky feel plastic does. Any more G-Shocks in my future - the cloth strap is a must have.
on December 4, 2013
Just bought this after going over the Casio watches online multiple times. Agree with the previous poster about the 'not as white as the ad' digital readouts for the date and day readouts. This is very disappointing. What also is hard to understand about Casio, is that the clock arms do not have luminous coating to glow in the dark. The hour stations glow, but not the arms? If this is supposed to be a 'military' style watch, they missed the mark on that feature. How much could it cost to add that coating. Other G-Shocks have it. Come on Casio!!
on January 15, 2014
OK, just to be fair, this is a great watch, but the dial is quite large and "thick"...just want to be up front about that. The functions of this watch or really great, and fairly easy to setup with the included guide. Just don't throw it away, because I'm not sure you can figure it out without it.
on September 30, 2014
I have always purchased G-shock watches since my first one about 10 years ago. This was a gift for my husband and he loves it. The quality is representative of the great standard that you can expect from the brand.
on March 30, 2015
Great watch, rugged yet stylish accurate timing. .prefect for those, like me, who forget to adjust clocks while traveling as this one adjust automatically via atomic clock signal... big plus. .. recharges itself via solar/light
on May 27, 2015
Nothing new in this review but confirming what others have pointed out...

The good: high build quality and finish. Capable watch with good features. The cloth strap is surprisingly comfortable and prefer it to the most plastic ones. It will require washing.

The bad: As others have noted, it is not a watch that shines in low light. First, the active illumination when you press the button looks like 1950's technology and only illuminates the face (hands and print) and may double as a night light (it is pretty bright). The digital readouts are not illuminated so they remain black-ed out. Second, passive illumination: it is one of the most bizarre product things I have ever seen. CASIO went to the trouble of painting the hour markers on the face of the watch with fluorescent paint but did not paint the hour and minute hands. So, you have nicely illuminated dots (hour markers) and the rest is all dark. Makes you wonder what's going on over at CASIO.

CASIO's promotional photo is misleading because the digital reads are not as bright as the picture suggests, as noted by others.

Watch band is rather long. Being a cloth strap it is not too awkward, but looks like they put enough length to get it around a snow jacket.

Conclusion: great daylight watch. Hard to find an analogue-like (clock hands) G-Shock with great looks and very easy to see in any day light. If nighttime practicality is important, either seeing simply the time without having to press a button, or wanting to set alarms, timer, stopwatch, etc. in the dark/low light this watch won't cut it. Had CASIO paid any attention to nighttime use, this watch would have been superb.
on August 22, 2014
Great time-piece. The nylon band is both a blessing and a curse. It is comfortable to wear. However, after sweating while wearing the watch, it obtains a nasty odor. Washing the band with dish soap helps for a while.
on October 11, 2014
The watch is great! I bought a rubber watch band to replace the cloth one because it's hard to get clean. I workout a lot and I like to wear my watch all the time. Because it is cloth, it absorbs the sweat instead of disbanding it. In my opinion, buy a rubber watch band with this or a g-shock that doesn't have a cloth band.

This watch could be a little lower in price, but looks very professional. I am a Marine Corps poolee and needed a nice watch to always inform me of the time. It is complicated at first, but you'll be more familiar with it as time passes. My fellow poolees joke around with me about how the watch weighs me down. Supposedly pull-ups should be impossible if I have my G-Shock on, but they are not! The watch looks bulky, but weighs a small amount more than a normal size Casio watch. Some Accessories for this watch are a tad high in price, but I guess you're buying it for the g-shock name. Great product overall, maybe drop it down to $70 or around that ball park.
on May 7, 2014
Casio ,what were you thinking?-----Everything about this watch is great-----except-----which I really don't understand, or maybe I am just missing the Idea----in the dark, you can get the hour dots to glow really well ---but---, the hour and minute hand are totally dark--actually totally useless--however the amber led night lite works great but battery life shortens every time you use it------other than that, the watch has killer looks and is awesome ,the watch band is first class and the watch keeps perfect time. I gave this watch a 4 and not a 5 rating because I felt that for a very ,very ,very little ,little ,little effort , Casio could of made the hour and minute hand glow.....like the hour dots glow........my husband loves this watch....
on July 14, 2014
This watch is utterly and completely bad ass. The band is durable and comfortable. The display is rugged and large with a myriad of functionality. A great addition to my collection. Backlight could be better, but you don't buy a watch for the damn back light. Great buy, great value. Well done, again, Casio!