5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, first time g-shock owner, A+++
Published on December 11, 2011 by Ashley

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but difficult to see the time presented in the screen
Great but difficult to see the time presented in the screen. It is too dark. Back screen does not contrast so time is difficult to visualize
Published 17 months ago by John Jo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, first time g-shock owner, A+++, December 11, 2011
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
I never knew much about g-shocks until I started looking into a durable watch for work. I work at a Florida prison and wanted something tough and functional, this is it. I prefer the negative display (black on black) from a stylish perspective and from a professional perspective for work. I dont really need the multiple time zones but its completely functional. The backlight display is effective and provides the right amount of light. Some have complained about not being able to see the time in different lighting and while I can see this it can be corrected with slight effort or the press of the backlight button. the two spheres on the watch act as countdown timers for the seconds and are basically useless because the watch tells time in numerical seconds but I guess its cool. the manual is fairly easy to follow. all other functions on the watch work but I dont really need them, primarily just use it to tell the time and date, end of story. The watch is comfortable and doesn't look that big on my wrist, it just looks like I care what watch I own. It also seems that the watch battery is projected to last for 7 years which is great. the wristband also has many notches to adjust for comfort. The face of the watch is recessed and seems pretty tough. It has been fine in the shower and he pool as well. I probably rambled but I dont think that there is much more that I can say about this watch. I LOVE THIS WATCH A+ CASIO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!!!, August 15, 2011
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
I searched for over a week looking for the right watch and I have it in the GD100-1B. It looks amazing! I have small wrists and I was very concerned about the size of the watch face looking "chunky" and just out right ridiculous on my arm. Needless to say it fits perfect! I loved the look when I saw it online and once I was able to try it on in person, I knew it was a perfect find. Will review again in a few months and share updates!

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, November 28, 2012
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
This watch is extremely durable. I have used it for 2 extended events (both approximately 18 hours) which required a significant amount of low crawling, bear crawling, log PT, and getting in and out of the water. I have also used it for a Tough Mudder where it was caked with mud for the duration (3 hours) and it still does its job well. The functions all still work and it fits fine. The one issue I have is that the light is very bright. If you use it at night, I suggest closing one eye to maintain your night vision, because it will blind you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite G-Shock, November 9, 2013
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
If you're looking for an awesome looking, durable watch, this one is for you. I own a few G-shocks, including a Riseman 9200 (which I love btw), but this is the one I usually end up wearing . It's big, tough, and looks better than most of the more expensive G-shock watches. Pictures don't do it justice, get it, you'll probably never want to wear any other watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Tuff, Effective, Trustworthy and All you Need in a watch, June 24, 2014
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
First off let me say the fact that its 200M water proof with different time zones, count down timer, stop watch, and the auto backlight "which you set by holding the light button for 4 secs" 5-alarms and more and all that at this price is amazing this watch is listed around $110 retail so thats whats up.
Also I have no problem reading the display in the day light, I love the blue light background at night to its very rare to have a blue light. And as a fashion statement, this watch will match any outfit. Sounds picky but the Black on black is simple but stylish. Very light for its size. The buckle is solid and even says G-shock on it, also love the band keeper that holds the excess band down. Thats huge for me I cant stand my watch band sticking out not with this watch baby.
RUGGED - This watch has been on my wrist at the bottom of a pool, bottom of a lake, ocean, yardwork, Warehouse Work you name and it still looks brand new. Seriously my fellow Amazionians if you are looking for something tuff, comfortable, stylish and trustworthy look no further..... You Found It. May the Shock be with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars 👍👍, July 12, 2014
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
Awesome!! I bought this for my wife since she was deploying to afg... She LOVES it and t has held up great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for Active People, March 25, 2014
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
Just bought it and it looks cool. It feels like it's durable and will last up to my expectations. There are a lot of features that are useless and unneeded, but that's not my problem. The one and only problem with this watch is it's face. It's very dark and difficult to see without light of any kind. The coolest feature is the light, which can be set to turn on automatically every time you lift your arm to check the time. The feature has to be enabled. No big deal. I like the watch and again, it looks really cool. Rawkage.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!, July 18, 2014
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
Some people don't like it because the display is too dark, or the light is too bright. Those actually are some features that I love about this watch. There's options of other displays with this model. Anyway, if you are looking for something tough, you just found it. I have had mine over two years and have used it for different activities: military field training, physical training, scuba diving in Puerto Rico etc. If you are looking for durability and quality, this watch is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hubby loved it!, January 15, 2012
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
This is a very nice product, great looks for a non strident model, doesn't look too big on the wrist athough X-Large rated. Only one con so far: dark display and clear numbers make it bit difficult to read in direct sunlight. Hopefully this will be one tough watch for everyday battles, Now I want to get a dressy model for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENTE CHOICE!!!, March 4, 2013
This review is from: G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black (Watch)
A PRODUCT OF VERY GOOD QUALITY AND BRAND Backed by CASIO. GOOD MANUFACTURING AND technology. IS A PRODUCT OF AFFORDABLE PRICE AND A SUPERB DESIGN. I recommend it to 100%

G-Shock X-Large Digital GD100 Military Black