5.0 out of 5 stars G.Skill 16GB Class 6 MicroSDHC Flash Card: Solid performance
Have used some of the G.Skill memory products at various times over the years, and have always been impressed with their overall quality. Well known in the PC overclocking and performance community, it was good to find this product here.

Published 19 months ago by John Williamson

3.0 out of 5 stars Ghost files on the device
I plugged it in to my Mac and fired up Disk Utility to format it and discovered that there were 15 files already on the device that didn't show up in the usual directories. I did a low level format without investigating further. Windows users beware.
Published 3 months ago by Jaded

5.0 out of 5 stars G.Skill 16GB Class 6 MicroSDHC Flash Card: Solid performance, March 21, 2013
This review is from: G.Skill 16GB Class 6 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter (FF-TSDG16GA-C6) (Personal Computers)

Bought this G.Skill 16GB Class 6 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter not for use in a camera but to add to the storage capacity of my new Philips DVT1500/00 2GB Digital Voice Tracer Recorder, which as noted has 2GB RAM onboard. It also has a Micro SD card slot, so this G.Skill MicroSDHC card adds quite a bit of storage capacity to the recorder, to put it mildly.

Also tested this card in a digital camera using the supplied SD adapter. The camera normally seems "happiest" with Class 10 SD cards, so formatting and using this card for a few fast videos was a good test. Though the card has a Class 6 rating (6 MB/sec), it performed equally with some of my Class 10 cards (10 MB/sec), so no complaints from me.

This tiny card was priced right, and offers excellent performance. Highly recommended, but format it in the device which you will be using as additional memory.

3/21/2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent SD Card, December 18, 2012
I would recommended this card to anyone who needs a reasonably sized micro SD card for the money it works well easy to use and comes with the adapter witch is great. I have used this for data and as the the hdd for my raspberry pi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mid-Size Mid-Speed Card, June 4, 2013
Bought this one to add additional data space on a Garmin GPS. It worked fine right out of the box: the device recognized it, and agreed to store newly-downloaded maps on it. I have heard that G.Skill is a fairly good brand, and I have a full-sized version in one of my cameras, and have never had any trouble with it. The Class 6 rating was a bit of a hedge, as we wanted the Garmin to access the maps quickly, but some user forums noted problems using Class 10 cards. The write/read speed ratings are incremental anyway, and subject to lots of variables (manufacture, QC, type of device and data, even temperature), so it's a crap shoot. But this card is working perfectly, as is a similar one in a camera, so I give it high marks. Comes with an adapter, so it can be inserted into a full-size SD port if needed for data up/down-loading. 5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars So far its greate, December 28, 2012
This shipped faster than expected, just got my 32GB Class 6 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter and so far its greate. Downfall is that its not the 31.4 GB i expected, it was like 29.7 GB, so i lost about 2 GB of what i could use. but for the price, not too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, so far, January 16, 2013
UPDATE:
-------
Card is still working fine over a year later. I did see a few reviews that say their G.Skill card died, but no problem with mine at all and I use it frequently.
-------

I examined many different Micro SDHC cards until I settled on this one. G.Skill is not nearly as big a name as Kingston or Sandisk, yet they've gotten a very good reputation thus far. Plus at being 10-25% cheaper (depending on the retailer), it can be a compelling enough difference to make a purchase. Having bought several Sandisk and Kingston Micro SD cards previously, I decided to give this one a try.

So far it works A-OK, after 3 months of use. It is primarily situated in my HTC Evo 3D Android phone. I find it is fast enough that I don't experience any noticeable lag when running applications or transferring data. I would buy another if I needed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, January 22, 2014
These just work. I'm using this in my DSLR and another in my audio recorder. 16 GB is plenty for my uses, but what's nice is I'm not getting any errors, or missing data. Reliable, discrete,

4.0 out of 5 stars how you put 16gb data on something so small?, August 10, 2014
D (St Louis) - See all my reviews
being used in a cheap ass russian made dash cam. works great, cam does 720p video, video plays back without stuttering

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and quick shipping, August 6, 2014
Ryan Ritchie (Simi Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
Product provided as described. Used for NST. Great price and quick shipping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with no issues, July 13, 2014