Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

I am running 16 GIG of these at 1672 MHz at 1.5 VDC. They are running in an ASUS Crosshair V Formula motherboard with an AMD 1100T CPU overclocked to 4.2 GHz. They are DDR3 SDRAM with a nice red heat spreader to dissipate heat quickly and allow them to be stable in my system. I monitor the heat sink with a temperature probe and they are stable at 77 degrees C. Being able to run them at 1.5 VDC and get these speeds reduces a lot of heat dissipation issues when compared to previously having to use 1.65 VDC to get these speeds with older style memory.

I used two sets and each pair was a matched set so I made sure that I put the matching set into the paired slots on the motherboard. The settings I am using for RAM timings are 9-9-9-24-33-2T. These memory sticks come with a lifetime limited warranty. G.Skill is a very good memory manufacturing company and the performance of this model is just excellent! I have no complaints, just smiles!
on October 9, 2013
on July 3, 2013
I upgraded my wife's computer with this memory. It is overkill for it but this should keep me from having to upgrade sooner. So far it is working fine with no problems. Just remember to check the speed in BIOS. I have found that both of my Asus motherboards set it to a lower speed. You need to manually change it to 1600MHz. Then check it as it may not stick.
on March 14, 2016
Never yet have I had an issue with G.Skill RAM. I have been a system builder since the early 1990's and have used a large variety of RAM brands. Kingston was always my go to, but over the last few years it seems G.Skill has become my go to.
on March 2, 2013
I'm on my second set of these. The first set started giving me a blue screen and crashes. After troubleshooting I figured out that it was the memory that was causing the problem. I installed a new set and haven't had any problems. I'm crossing my fingers this new set lasts longer then the first. I don't have the memory overclocked and the case has 11 fans so it's not getting to hot. Maybe I just got a lemon on my first order. They are low profile which is what I wanted so they'd work with a Hyper212.
on June 15, 2016
I recently upgraded to a new ASUS motherboard, AMD processor and these memory modules before doing a clean install of Windows 10.
I'm not a gamer and didn't have a need for memory that's any faster than these.
My primary goal was to have a quiet and cool running computer that would take advantage of all that Win 10 has to offer. These memory modules were an excellent value.
on February 15, 2011
Great item, fast low voltage RAM!

The RAM runs is 9-9-9-24, which is slightly above average (not the best, but not bad) for a base speed of 1600MHz. It is 1.5v as well, which is an improvement on the standard 1.65v DDR3 that has been coming out in the last few years. Finally, the heatsinks works great as well if you plan to OC the RAM. They might be a bit tall for some CPU coolers, but for reference my CM N520 and my friend's Prolimatech Megahalem all clears the RAM without much trouble.

My RAM has been working fine OCed to 1800MHz and slower timings for half a year!
on February 28, 2014
... and it looks good, too!! My color scheme is black and red, so this naturally fit it well. I read a lot of reviews (probably too many of them) and this ram lives up to it's name. I do video editing and gaming daily and I have solid performance with no memory errors.

The heat spreaders "feel" solid and don't stick up too high. I found this ram mentioned over and over again on various pc building sites and forums, so I was pretty confident before I even made the purchase.

Good price, great product, works the way it should... what's not to like? Stop reading and buy it already!... Seriously... do it....
on January 20, 2011
Great memories, work really well without complications.

System:
H. Drive data & games: 1.5 Tb x2 (raid 0) Seagate 7200.11
GPU: XFX HD 6970 2Gb
Case: Kandalf LCS
on October 31, 2013
I've been using G.Skill RAM for years. Never had a bad stick. Holds up fine with mild overclocking, and the sturdy heat-spreaders make it easy to seat.

If you're using a large CPU heatsink like the Evo 212, you may find that if you have two fans in a push-pull configuration, the fan closest to the RAM banks may touch the top of the G.Skill heatsinks in the when normally installed. I just nudged the fan up a bit. Seems fine, but fair warning.