|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Processor||1.73 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||6 GB SO-DIMM|
|Hard Drive||500 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Nvidia GTX 460M|
|Card Description||GeForce GTX 460M|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||1536 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
ASUS G53JW-XA1 Republic of Gamers 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz)
- 6GB DDR3 1066MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB
- 500GB HDD (7200RPM); Super-Multi Optical Drive
- 15.6-inch LED-backlit full HD display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
On the 29th of May, the pin inside my DC-IN (where you plug the power into the laptop) broke off into DC power connector. This left me unable to charge my laptop (as I soon noticed on the next morning, waking to a powerless laptop). I called Asus on the 30th, filed an RMA, self-packaged my laptop, paid for shipping, and sent it off. They received it on July 9th, had it fixed, and sent it on its way back on the 10th. It looks like the motherboard was defective for my unit (unsure of this), as I heard on the phone and the website mention something about this, and they marked that they changed my motherboard. I haven't researched this, but if you already have this laptop, check around and see if you need to send your laptop in for a motherboard replacement. In any case, I was planning that I would have to literally call and bug them to get my laptop returned to me (seeing as how their customer service and repairs are somewhat infamous) and was surprised to have the job done so promptly. Other than that, I do not have much to add. The laptop is still working very well (like new, in fact). My only new complaint is that it is difficult to open. I have to take out about 16 screws from the top in order to take off the bottom. I added a 2nd hard drive into the my laptop (yes, there is room for two hard drives). Also, at this time, I had 2 hours and 15 minutes battery life with the laptop in battery saving mode, whilst browsing the net and pandora radio playing. I'm still glad I made the purchase for this laptop; I still recommend it.
So it's been over a month of use for my laptop and I am still impressed.
I have not had any problems with any of the hardware.Read more ›
Some key points:
- The chiclet keyboard is a pleasure to type on
- Windows starts in about 30 seconds
- You can log-in to windows via facial recognition
- It looks and "performs" like a jet fighter ;)
- Perfect cooling system. I never even heard the fan, and never felt significant heat on my lap.
- As to be expected, there is a decent amount of "bloatware" installed by ASUS that I had to uninstall.
- The 2MP webcam has a sllllooowwww response time. May I suggest the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 with 1080p Video or the Logitech 2 MP Portable Webcam C905 / QuickCam Pro for Notebooks as amazing alternatives?
- Had to use my Netgear router's configure button to get wireless working. It works great now, however.
- The buttons on the touchpad are going to end up strengthening my finger muscles (read: the buttons require a good amount of pressure to click)
If you're at all waffling about purchasing this laptop then hold off. In Q1 2011 you'll start seeing laptops come out with CPUs using Intel's new Sandy Bridge architecture. These laptops will be coming in at a similar price point, but will be significantly more powerful (+40% performance according to early tests). If you can't wait, however, pick this bad boy up... it's well worth it.
Don't believe the 1 year warranty or the "1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW)" either for several reasons:
1) Asus classified the problem that occurred with my laptop as "Customer Induced Damage" and said that isn't covered by the regular warranty or the "1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW)".
2) Asus claimed that I never sent in the warranty card even though I sent it well within the 60 day window. To their credit, they allowed me fill out the form on the web site after the 60 days when I call them about the problem. Several weeks after I sent in the laptop for repair, they returned my warranty card (even though it was sent to the correct address, filled out properly, and sent in well before the 60 day deadline). The warranty card that was included with the laptop said to mail it in and did not mention a web site.
The problem I had with the laptop was that the power plug was loose when I got it. It worked fine for about a week. After the first week, the plug required a slight wiggle where it plugged into the laptop to make contact so that it would charge.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this laptop. Light up keyboard. Quality product treo years later still a work horse.Published 12 months ago by russell
I have had this laptop for 3 years and it has played every game flawlessly from when I purchased it till now. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Osama Ziadeh
It's a powerfull machine, i've been using it for about 3 years and it's still awesome
the only problem is the weight, but it's still carryable if you have strong shoulders
I'm giving this laptop a 2 for a couple reasons:
1. Everything is fine, the tech is beautiful and I would recommend it, but the DC jack really ruins the whole experience... Read more
PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS
The pin inside the laptop that connects to the power cable is faulty and keeps coming loose inside the power cable. Read more
I purchased this laptop late in 2010. For a solid month I gamed. I gamed hard. I was getting behind in every aspect of what I've heard called a "well-balanced life. Read morePublished on November 28, 2012 by RichardCheeese
I bought this computer because of the price. It is a worthless piece of crap. It has frozen on me from day one. I've only had it a week and will return it. Read morePublished on November 25, 2012 by Kathryn
This machine was wonderful ... runs graphics-intensive games, had minimal bloatware installed, and is very quiet ... then hardware issues started at about month 8. Read morePublished on April 5, 2012 by Sam Braughton
This laptop performs at a level that will exceed the requirements of most users.
Games run at high settings with little trouble. Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.