Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 16, 2012
My 6 year old was really excited about this after seeing the commercial. Opened it up today and was a little disappointed. The Gak it came with was like scrambled eggs--dry and crumbly. It said to knead the Gak until smooth, so I started kneading it. I kneaded it until my hands were tired--probably about 5 minutes--and saw a little improvement. It was a little smoother, but still not what it looked like on the box or in the commercials. I let the kids go ahead and play with it, and they seem to be enjoying it. It does copy the image onto the Gak, but it's a little hard to get it smooth in the reservoir, so the whole picture doesn't always copy. I wonder if they will have to knead it so long every time they get it out?
on December 28, 2012
My 6 year old wanted the Gak and Gak Copier for Christmas this year, so he was thrilled when he got it! When he opened it up, my first thought was that the product was made of cheap plastic and is a very simple design (which is not bad.

Once we opened up the Gak packet, I was absolutely confused as to what this product was really supposed to be. The consistency was clumpy and would not stretch or bounce like the commercial claims. I stuck it in the microwave for a few seconds and that made it pliable enough to try out the copier.

If I could post a photo of my son's disappointed face, as he desperately tried to get the Gak to do what the commercials claimed it would,there is no way ANYONE would spend any money on this TERRIBLE product.

He was also given a second container or Gak, which I opened up to see if maybe if was just a bad batch in the copier, but unfortunately, it had the same lumpy consistency and was no better.
on January 4, 2013
This was a useless toy and big disappointment for my grand daughter. She wanted his toy so badly. She was so excited to get it for Christmas. The "gak" that came with it was not of a consistency that was usable. It just kind of fell apart. Sure, I suppose I could go to the store and buy more gak but why should I have to do that??? Also, that didn't help me on Christmas morning when she wanted to play with it and couldn't.

This is a terrible produce and everyone who purchased this should be refunded.
on March 26, 2016
This toy works as expected. I knew the Gak was old as it was made in 1990 and got Flarp from the store. The Flarp works just as good as Gak. The pen is just a water based color marker an it still worked. It's an item that gets played with for ten minutes and you never see it again, but it's fun to see someone having fun with it.
on March 24, 2014
I bought this as a X-mas gift for my niece and it is a poor quality, it's totally different as advertise on tv. The clay was totally dry even was a brand new and unopened toy, that shows the quality of this product. I totally dislike
on January 13, 2015
Not happy at all! The GAK that came with this was not even GAK! It never formed the way the instruction had said it would. Son was upset and wife was mad, not a good combination! I had to go out and purchase GAK, which by the way seems to not be that easy. I had to go to 3 different stores to find it:( not happy with the outcome of this purchase!
on December 29, 2012
DO NOT BUY! Frustrated mom who just dropped $30 bucks on this Copier and extra Gak. Complete waste of money. It is non functional at every level: the copier door sticks and I (adult) had a hard time getting it open after every shut. The yellow Gak included in the box was crumbly and didn't work...and when we added water to bring it back to life (as recommended in the instructions), it never did. The extra gak we bought, while kneaded and stretched appropriately, broke down as you played with it, from the naturally occurring oils and water in your skin...so it began to stick to everything and not pull away as advertised. When we finally got the image to transfer to the Gak in the Copier, the image was destroyed as soon as you tried to (unsuccessfully) pull the Gak out of the Copier, so no stretching, or warping your image.

The Gak Coper and the Gak itself failed to deliver on every advertised promise. The creator and/or product tester who green lit this toy ought to be fired.
on January 6, 2013
This item was a HUGE disappointment to my 6 year old who is now asking me why Nickelodeon would make something for kids that doesn't work. The only reason I give it 2 stars instead of 1 is because I think the copier itself works, it's getting the GAK to lay out in a smooth sheet in order to copy on it that is the issue. We will try out the copier with play-doh in order to salvage some use out of the product, but if your child is watching Nickelodeon and begging for this product for his/her birthday or Christmas I wouldn't waste your money.
on February 6, 2013
This is the worst toy I have ever purhased for my granddaughter. I ordered the GAK Copier plus one extra package of compound for Christmas. It was totally unusable. We tried repeatedly to get the compound to perform as described in the instructions and had no luck whatsoever. Both the compound with the copier and the additional one I purchased were the same - exceedingly difficult to get out of its container and not able to be worked into a smooth, pliable, stretchable product. It remained in lumps that would not meld together no matter how long it was kneaded. It could not be spread in the toy's tray no matter how hard we tried. This toy was certainly not worth the over $50 I spent on it.
on December 25, 2012
We received this as a Christmas gift for our 4 year old. She was so excited. We pulled the Gak out and started to knead it like the instructions said. After 15 minutes of kneading it, the consistency was crumbles and not stretchy. We continued to knead and there wasn't any improvement. We purchased a separate GAK and gave that a try. The consistency wasn't at all like advertised. It was so sticky that it wasn't staying in a ball. We tried to keep kneading it to "dry it" and the more we kneaded, the more it dissolved into a sticky mess. We are really dissatisfied with all the hype of a poorly made product.