The Red Fire pellet is Gamo's latest state-of-the-art hunting pellet, with a diamond-shaped polymer tip that provides a true ballistic trajectory. The Red Fire is engineered for intense penetration. The force of impact drives the red polymer tip back into the cylindrical jacket material, forcing it to expand outwards. This increases the diameter of the projectile as it passes through the intended target, creating a mushrooming effect on impact. This tin comes with 150 Red Fire 0.177-caliber pellets.
- Velocity: 843 feet per second
- Kinetic energy: 12.9 ft/lbs.
- Paraffin penetration: 0.62 inches (muzzle), 0.46 inches (10 yards), 0.42 inches (30 yards)
- Paraffin expansion: 0.29 inches (muzzle), 0.26 inches (10 yards), 0.24 inches (30 yards)
- Grouping: 0.25 inches (10 yards)
- Pellet weight: 7.8 grains
Experience match grade accuracy, high velocity performance, and hydraulic expansion at point of impact with GAMO’s new hunting pellet Red Fire®. The diamond shaped hard polymer tip provides a true ballistic trajectory. The force of impact drives the diamond polymer tip into the cylinder jacket material forcing it to expand outwards increasing the diameter of the projectile as it passes through the intended target(mushrooming effect on impact).