5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2nd car or travel
I ordered this for an odd reason. I was away on a business trip. I had remembered to pack my Garmin 755T unit Garmin nüvi 755T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator and the lighter socket power cord. However, I had totally forgotten the windshield mount. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just toss it on the dash." Well, there are a bunch of problems with that...
Published on January 26, 2009 by Mike Danseglio

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Suction Cup Mount for Nuvi 700 series
Well what can I say... we need this, but because of mini multi-pin connectors which were a dumb idea from the beginning, you can expect to replace it every year or so if you use it 3 or 4 times a week. I guess that's price we pay for technology.......
Published on July 24, 2010 by Robert A. Rullo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2nd car or travel, January 26, 2009
This review is from: GARMIN 010-11030-00 Suction Cup Mount For Nuvi 700 Series Travel Assistant (Electronics)

* The GPS flew all over the dash whenever I took a turn or hit a bump
* There's no way to plug the power cord into the GPS without this unit

I expected the first problem, but not the second. So I ordered this and had it shipped overnight to my hotel. Amazon came through and I had the mount the next morning. Works great!

If you have a 2nd car, this makes the transfer somewhat easier. If you also get a 2nd power cord to go with it, you're really golden. You can then just pop the GPS out and in with zero effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Mount, April 11, 2010
I purchased this for the holder part, the electrical connection on the one I had went bad, and it was just like the original

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 700 Series Suction Cup Mount, November 14, 2008
This mount fits and works as advertised. Instead of attaching the mount to the windshield leaving a tell-tale suction cup mark for would-be thieves, the enclosed self-sticking plastic mounting circle works well to attach to the side of my dash column, allowing for an unconspicuous, comfortable positioning and secure display of the GPS without a dangling power cord. Easy to attach and unattach and small enough to store neatly in glove compartment.

Well worth the minimal investment. Highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Suction Cup Mount for Nuvi 700 series, July 24, 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy but fragile, July 7, 2012
G3 (San Jose CA) - See all my reviews
Hard to say why Garmin designed it this way. The main connector is quite sturdy, but the cable connector is very delicate, soldered (not screwed) to a thin printed-circuit board inside the mount. If you yank or bang on the cable (kind of unavoidable), the connector gets jerked and the solder joints break. Bye-bye. This problem is exacerbated by the fairly stiff conductors that come with some of the cable assemblies.

Treat it kindly, but expect to replace it now and then.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!!, July 6, 2009
This mount is great. I use it on every road trip that I take out of town. I love it. I find it must easier to use then the other kinds.

4.0 out of 5 stars mixed thoughts, October 12, 2010
As a replacement mount it is working great. However there is the fact i need to buy it in the first place. The connectors in my first unit wore out after about a year and a half. So i got this to make it so i could charge and us the GPS. While the new one is working great i am bothered by the fat that the connections were so weak that I ended up needing a new one

3.0 out of 5 stars Suction cup is nice, cradle flimsy., August 11, 2010
I bought this to replace my original power cradle on a Nuvi 765T that failed after a couple months use, and figured I might as well get the cradle with a spare suction cup. Granted it's used mainly on a motorcycle, but it did not take severe abuse, just a lot of plugging and unplugging. I imagine most owners will have to replace the cradle at some point, just under normal automobile use, even if not as quickly as I had to.

The suction cup part is very well designed, sticks well and stays in the position you set it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved electrical problem..., August 31, 2013
I was having an intermittent external power failure problem with my Nuvi 765T...it would just lose external power without anything being touched. If I moved the power cord slightly "in just the right way" I'd get power back...for a few miles...then lose it again...so thinking the problem was in the cord...I replaced it...(expensive mistake)...and much to my dismay...when the new cord arrived...I found that the female power connection port on the cradle was loose and actually came out in my hand when I plugged the new cord in. So I purchased this replacement cradle...problem solved! Fit and function appears to be perfect. Make sure you check both pieces before buying if you are having a similar problem. Shipping was fast and installation, a snap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Garmin cup mount, November 22, 2011
Today, 22nd of November was the first chance I have had to use the suction cup mount and the power cord. It does not work. Seems like there is a short somewhere and I don't know if it is in the mount where it connects to the cord or in the cord itself. One or the other is bad.

Rate and Discover Movies