5.0 out of 5 stars White Light
This is a true white light. I like this but it's not for everybody. Since I live in the Seattle area (dark and cloudy for the most part) I miss the white light. Some people would call these "cool" or feel that they have a bluish tint to them, but they really are white, comparable to sunlight. Just not nearly as bright, of course.

Standard bulbs, including many...
Published on April 5, 2011 by djb

2.0 out of 5 stars One was out of order after 1.5 yeas
I bought two. One was out of order after 1.5 years instead of its claim of 9 years! I expected at least 2-3 years!
Published 23 months ago by RiseOfAtlantis

5.0 out of 5 stars White Light, April 5, 2011
djb (Redmond, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE 85396 - FLE20HT3/2/D Twist Medium Screw Base Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb

Standard bulbs, including many CFL's are a "warm" light with a yellowish color. This is fine for many people, but using these white lights I find the room much more balanced and brighter. Colors are more vibrant and it just seems a little cheerier.

I'm getting around to replacing every light in my house with these. Again, some people don't seem to mind the warm lights, or perhaps don't like the particular flavor of light these put out. But I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Stress-Free Light, January 14, 2010
I like these better than the daylight incandescents I've used. They are the color temperature of a clear sky at noon. Beware, though, that all flourescents contain some mercury, so if they break there's a toxic spill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bright bulb, May 31, 2012
These bulbs really brightens the hallway. My family can't tell if the lights are on, or if it's real sunlight.

5.0 out of 5 stars hands down, the best light ever!!!, March 2, 2012
I LOVE these lights! They are just like having natural sunlight flooding into your home. I thought the incandescent reveal lights were the best until I tried these. I recommend these in all areas of your home.

2.0 out of 5 stars One was out of order after 1.5 yeas, March 21, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Good light bulb but died within 7 months., October 29, 2012
Was looking for daylight light bulb, found GE, trusted the brand.
Very good color temperature and brightness.
But it went out in 7 months, unacceptable.

1.0 out of 5 stars not satisfied with product, October 31, 2011
I ordered two 20 watt 6500k cfls. they sent me one 20 watt 6500k lightbulb and a 2 watt 2700k lightbulb.