Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$21.04+ Free shipping

on April 4, 2011
I have the GE 98974 headset and it works great with my iPhone 3 GS. It says right on the package that it's compatible with: "iPhone, iPod, Blackberry, MP3 and more". It has the standard 3.5 mm plug built on and a 2.5mm adapter and the pink and green adapter plugs for your computer. If you're looking for something really stylish this probably isn't for you but if you want function, buy it. The microphone swivels all the way up so it's out of your way and the rod is bendable so you can get it just the right distance from your mouth. Ear cushions are the old fashion black foam but they are comfortable. I use mine any time I'm going to be on the phone for a while and it's even good for listening to music on my iPhone. The ear pieces do not go inside your ear so it's probably better for your ears than the kind that go inside your ear canal. I've never heard any complaints from the person I'm talking to either. Finally, my wife is hard of hearing and she likes to use it.
on September 2, 2011
I own both an iPhone and a Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab 10.1) and I wanted a stereo headset with microphone for making Skype calls and for Voice Recognition software. This Ge Universal all-iin-one Headset is PERFECT!!! I purchased it locally at, of all places, a "Family Dollar" store for $10!!! It has the correct plug i needed (a single 3.5 MM with 4 segments) for the iPhone, iPad, iPod and my Samsung 10.1! I It s sound quality is very good and the mic sounds great and it does exactly what I needed it to do! It was ultimately frustrating because, just hours before I found it in my neighborhood, I laid out $13 on ebay for just an adapter that would take an ordinary PC stereo and mic headset and combine the two 3.5mm jacks into single 3.5 mm jack that carried both the stereo signal and microphone signal (special to the Android tablets and iProducts)! How annoying is that! This is perfect if you need a stereo headset with a mic for your iPhone, iPad or almost any android tablet and the price is an even better surprise! Don't pass this up, there are not many like it AND none at these prices!
on January 1, 2012
Nice, inexpensive headset. The part I like best is that someone was thinking when they designed this. It comes with a short cord (with 3.5 mm jack) for when you're using this with your phone. Then, the adapter for your computer, which ends in separate pink/green headphone/mic jacks, is on a long cord, so that it can reach around to the back of your PC if need be. Someone was thinking when they designed these.
on February 16, 2012
I'm not completely disappointed but generally. The headphones are basic headphones. The sound is average. Neither great or bad. This I can totally live with.

But the microphone... I did the wife test and it failed. "Sorry I had to hang up but it hurt my ears." If the boom on the mic moves even a little, "CCCRrrrccrrcc". "Ouch!", says the person listening on the other end. The mic is also very sensitive to high pitched noises like the AC running, a microwave running, and a child's voice.

It's a fine product if: You don't move around much when using it and you're not around HIGH pitched noises.

As general advice: buy cheap basic electronics in a store so you can easily return them if you're unhappy with them.
on February 15, 2013
I originally got this headset from Wal-Mart for about 7 dollars. The first problem was the packaging. It's impossible to get this stupid package open. You can't cut it open, so you have to take a knife to slice the back out. If you're not super careful, you could easily slice the wire that's hidden behind the paper inside the packaging.

But once I got it out of the packaging, I really liked the headset. I am hard of hearing, so I really like having 2 earpieces. It never gives me a headache like heavier headsets do. The mic worked great, and I didn't have any complaints from the person I was talking to. It was comfortable enough to wear for several hours at a time. I really like all the different plugs that comes with it, so you can use it on the phone, or computer. And having the volume and mute right there at your fingertips is very nice.

The sound wasn't great... when I plug it into my computer, I have to turn the volume up as loud as they will go to even get quiet sound. But you get what you pay for, right? I mean, for 7 dollars, I wouldn't expect it to have brilliant sound quality.

UPDATE #1) Unfortunately, after a couple of months, the mic on the headset no longer worked, so I bought a new one off Amazon for about 20 dollars. It worked great... for exactly one long phone call. Now all I hear is static.

UPDATE #2) Ok. I went looking for other headsets. They all either gave me a headache, couldn't be used with my phone, or only had one ear piece. So I bit the bullet, went back to Wal-Mart, and got another one of these. It works great so far.

But it is a cheap product, so I'm not expecting it to last for years.
on August 4, 2012
I use this for watching movies on my computer and as a headset for my cordless phone. They are not very high tech, but do the job. I like the fact that I can use them for multiple applications with the included adapters. 5 stars for this price point!
on September 27, 2014
I like that these have speakers for both ears. Most of the time these work great for me, but now and then I find that if I'm talking to someone who is also on a headset, like a call center representative, they have trouble hearing me and I have trouble hearing them. In those cases I ditch the headset and that seems to fix the problem. I don't know why this would be the case, but it has happened often enough that I can't explain it away on the specific call connection quality and makes me think it has something to do with the headset itself.
on July 16, 2014
Works well for me on phone and computer, I've only used it a couple of times. Feels pretty flimsy and cheap but maybe that's to be expected. It's nice that the headphones come with adapters for different connections, if the headphones hold up it should make them very useful for a long time.
on June 29, 2014
I have already bought my second "GE 98974" thing in the past few months, which would suggest two things:

(1) I am really happy with the way it works, yet ..
(2) It may fall apart even (literally) as you speak

A couple of words to reconcile these seemingly contradicting statements: both my GE 98974's worked just fine as far as the sound quality and convenience of use.

But this headset is not sturdy at all; matter of fact, it's turned out to be as easy to pluck it apart as a Lego structure is.

I have used mine quite intensively (which involves putting it on and taking it off a dozen times a day), and literally in a few days the retainer ratchet (?) that holds the mike boom in a certain position became loose, so it just rotated randomly. Well, I wasn't about to throw it away for this - I just put some tape on it and it's ugly, but stays in the right position :)

Then somehow one of the earcups just fell off its swivel, and was hanging by two thin wires. I shoved it back and it's usable again.

To sum up: will not survive heavy duty use, but otherwise a perfectly functional headset, and very good value for money, AFAIAC
on November 12, 2013
Update 3/3/2016: After about three years, the headset has developed an echo, rendering it unusable. Still worth the money!

Update 8/12/2015: This headset still works great after nearly 2 years of usage!

Most days, I work from home. In the office, I have a very nice $100+ Plantronics headset. This is not the same, as you should glean from the price difference! This $15 GE headset works - it allows me to type while on conference calls all day. It is easier for me (and those on the other end) to hear what's going on compared to putting my cell on speakerphone.

It was a challenge finding a headset that had one 3.5mm jack, but this is the one. Bonus adapter means you can also use this headset with your computer for Skyping and such. The mysterious button on the wire disconnects calls - if you're on one. If you're not, it starts Google Play Music on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Different cell phones will probably vary.

Slight annoyances: the ear "pads" are very thin. I push them forward so they rest partially on my ears and partially on my head to avoid ear pain at the end of the day. The band that rests on the top of your head has no padding at all, so depending on how much hair you have, this may or may not be another slight discomfort. These things aren't a big deal, because the headset is so light, you don't feel it much anyway.

Paying $100 for a headset would have been a greater discomfort for me. If you have the money, should you splurge on a more expensive headset? Of course! If you don't, get this guy!