4.0 out of 5 stars fairly good for the price
Published on August 14, 2008 by hurdler99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - the cable tether is not very secure
I was disappointed that the cable tether on this product was not very secure. While the product is locked, if you depress the cable release button and then simultaneously pull on the cable tether on one end and the door on the other end with some force, the tether would come out.

Published on August 24, 2007 by A H

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - the cable tether is not very secure, August 24, 2007

If you simply need the tether to hold the item in place and don't expect it to be theft resistant, then this product will be ok for your purposes as the contents will still be protected by the combination lock.

4.0 out of 5 stars fairly good for the price, August 14, 2008
Yes, it is made out of plastic, but I think for the price it is pretty good for keeping a key secure. I haven't experienced the problem with the tether as one of the other reviewers did. I bought this one because it was substantially smaller than other stor-a-key type devices. Its small enough that you can easily hide it, but again it is plastic so if someone really wanted to get into it they probably could, given enough time and a big hammer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy but does the job, May 3, 2011
This review is from: GE AccessPoint 001942 Portable Stor-A-Key with Adjustable Cable, Green (Tools & Home Improvement)
If someone wanted to break this open to get your key, it wouldn't be that difficult. The plastic piece that holds the bottom in is flimsy. I would recommend keeping this item out of plain site since it isn't very secure. It is still better than keeping a key with no combination so works for a cheap and quick solution. There is foam on the inside that can make the key very difficult to remove. We ended up cutting the foam out so it was easier to get the key. This product is best if you live in a safe area and are just looking to keep a spare key outside for lockouts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, August 25, 2007
You get what you pay for. Not very secure as it is made of cheap plastic. Ordered 2 sent 1 back.

3.0 out of 5 stars plastic lock, September 29, 2010
The "GE Security 001860 Portable Stor-A-Key with Adjustable Cable, in Blue" is a neat idea, however, now I know why it was so reasonably priced...it is made mostly of plastic!!! In my opinion, not a really good choice of material for a security device! Was hoping for "die-cast metal" at the very least. Shipping/delivery was fine and it usually is with amazon. Packaging could have been a bit more dense considering that the device is made of plastic. Other than that,for now it's a handy item and only time will tell if it will do the job of protecting.
Y4E4SHUA@yahoo.com
9-29-10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 30, 2013
This is the second one of these that I've purchased. I keep a spare truck key in one and attach it to the tie down anchors in my truck bed. It has saved me the embarassment of locking myself out of my truck many times. Great product at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Put a key where you need it., May 1, 2013
I. Sterne "I" (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This little guy has been working great for about a year. Needed it to secure a door but also keep the key close by so others could get in. This guy sits right where I put it and allows anyone I give the code to to get in and get out with ease.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and easily breakable, January 14, 2013
So this review was based on user error as I completely forgot the code that I had set. After trying for a while I gave up and left it be for a couple of weeks. Then one evening I lose my keys, so after trying to get the code to no avail I decided to go at it, within a minute I had the device pulled away from the steel railings it was 'secured to' and within about another 6 minutes I had it open, this was with using a cheap Swiss army nice that was in my laptop bag. I guess you get what you pay for.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you actually need to protect your keys, get something else!, December 29, 2012
I got this to keep some office keys secure but allow access to people who needed it. This seemed good in principle, but failed in a lot of "key" (haha) ways.

Pros:
- Cheap

Cons:

- The loop part makes it easy to slip off of some doors
- The cheap plastic is easily breakable
- I know the cheap plastic is easily breakable because I had to break it to get my keys out when it refused to open!

1.0 out of 5 stars --DON'T BUY DOESN'T WORK, November 25, 2011
There is no way to open this thing. I made my password and did everything right according to the directions and now I can't get it open. I even had some of my friends look at it and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.I don't even get free return shipping. I won't waist my money on this thing again.