1/2-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Food-Waste Disposal
Helps Take Care of the Dirty Work
Send food waste down the drain once and for all with this extra-large-capacity GFC535V garbage disposal by GE. The disposal's powerful grinding action reduces food waste to small particles, making the unit safe for any properly sized septic system.
Even more, the food-waste disposal features sound-reduction technology that helps ensure quiet operation, making it possible to maintain the cheerful, festive mood of a successful dinner party even during cleanup. Hardworking, quiet, and easy to install--the GE disposal makes a useful addition to any busy kitchen.
Thoughtfully constructed, the food-waste disposal system also provides a two-level precutter, an on/off wall-switch with a sink stopper, a manual-reset overload protector, and a splashguard, as well as stainless-steel, jam-resistant, dual swivel impellers. Other highlights include cold-rolled carbon-steel armature shaft material, a stainless-steel sink flange, and a stainless-steel turntable.
Easy-to-Use Continuous Feed
To operate, simply remove the sink stopper, turn on a medium flow of cold water, flip the switch to ON, and scrape in the food waste. The continuous-feed disposal takes care of the rest. Before turning the disposal off, let the water and the disposal run for about 25 seconds after the shredding and grinding stops to ensure all waste is thoroughly flushed through the trap and drain.
The food-waste disposal measures 7.75 inches in diameter by 13.44 inches high. Detailed installation instructions come included.
GFC535V At a Glance:
- 1/2-horsepower motor
- Extra-large-capacity continuous-feed disposer
- Over 2800 RPMs grinding action*
- Stainless-steel jam-resistant, dual-swivel impellers
- EZ mount installation
- Line cord power connection
- Sound-reduction technology
- Cold-rolled carbon-steel armature shaft material
- Wall-switch with sink stopper
- Manual reset overload protector
- Dishwasher drain connector
- Stainless-steel sink flange
- Stainless-steel turntable
- 2-level precutter
* Based on RPM testing of cleared GE and competitive models