4.0 out of 5 stars Love it -
Published on December 15, 2012 by MJ Roach

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap made junk.
Published 23 months ago by Amber M. Hooper

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap made junk., February 2, 2013
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
This washer uses a 10 pound concrete stone with 2 holes drilled through it and then bolted with rods to the bottom frame to counterweight the position of the motor. The concrete is of low quality and normal vibration from use of the machine gradually expands the holes in the concrete to the point that the concrete block fails. When it happens (and it will happen) you will know it. This causes extreme vibration and then instant motor failure do to the bouncing around of the concrete block. Machine failed in less than 3 months. A $400.00 warranty repair and the exact situation occured on the very first load after repair was made. Now GE is going to replace the machine. Big deal. I don't really want that junk in my house. Wash machines have long used counter weights but GE has sunk to a new low by using a 10 pound concrete block as the material. If you have this machine make sure you get an extended warranty because you are going to be having problems. I guarantee it. Don't believe me then call any authorized GE service provider. This is one for the record books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it -, December 15, 2012
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
12/13 1st day I used this washer -I have done 12 loads so far -I was surprised by the weird sounds this washer makes-it makes a "woosh" when it cleans because the motor rotates the drum back and forth its very slow moving "drum speed" compared to my old washer but it cleaned my clothes better than my old whirlpool- the rinse and final spin cycle sound like a jet taking off -Bottom line great washer at a great price and its made in the USA!
Pros:
Durable, Lots of Features, Good Size & Weight, Easy to Use, Sturdy, Looks Great, Easy to Install, Nice Design, Easy to Clean

3.0 out of 5 stars Newer Dumber Technology, September 17, 2012
These new washing machines are a consumers worst nightmare due to the drastic changes manufacturers have made. The worst is that you cannot lift the lid for any reason, to do so causes the machine to stop. Forget the days of watching the agitator in action. Is it working, who knows? Maybe if they put a glass or even plexiglass window on the lid so you could look in to see if it's working would make it a more tolerable experience. The machine pauses at predetermined intervals for reasons only it knows. Agitator moves much more slowly than my old machine which was a workhorse. On the positive side, it is so quiet you don't even know it's on. The spin cycle is so fast that the clothes come out virtually dry. This one has a break that stops the drum in a split second if you open it during the spin cycle. The wash cycles are "whites, permanent press, and colors". Each has a heavy, regular and light marking which makes the wash load longer or shorter respectively. Heavy will agitate them quicker, but suppose I want them agiated faster without making the wash cyle longer? Sorry, no can do. My old machine had cycles for "gentle, normal, hand wash". Each cycle determined the speed of the agitator regardless of how many minutes you wanted the to wash. Ultimately, the question is whether they actually get your clothes clean. My question is why the water gets dark when I put in my work clothes! I don't roll around in the dirt, I'm a white collar professional. The water never got dark in my old machine unless I threw stuff I knew was soiled in there. It appears to me that all these drawbacks in the new machines are an ovezealous attempt to make them safer for unsupervised children and overmedicated adults. None of those apply to me, nor do they apply to a large number of consumers who purchase these products. Maybe they should sell them by "lifestyle". For example you could have a "set and forget" model for those persons who might stick their arm in the machine during the spin cycle or leave a step stool near their machine so that their toddler can go through a whole wash cycle. Then they could have the "active" lifesyle for people who know better than to stick their limbs into a machine which is either agitating or spinning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of CRAP, January 12, 2014
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
This washer seemed great for the first year, but then the drum would constantly become unbalanced during the spin cycle and it has basically thrown itself out. I can't do a single load without being home to run to the washer and lift the lid to re-balance everything. Even then, it sometimes won't stop making it's ridiculously loud racket, or hopping around the laundry room. I've had this washer for a year and a half and I already have to buy a new one because this one is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. I will never buy another GE appliance again. This washer wasn't cheap when I bought it and I am extremely POed to have to buy another one so soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Newer isn't better, November 27, 2013
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
I had a GE washer for 26 years before it finally died last year. Loved that machine! I should have had it refurbished, no matter the cost. This one is a disaster. My biggest complaint is that it is murder on clothes. Buttons and snaps tear off, elastic unravels and seams rip. The water level is a joke; the "Super" setting barely fills the washer halfway. And you have to use the "Power Rinse" option all the time, otherwise your clothes will just get sprinkled in the rinse cycle. There go any claims GE can make about energy efficiency. The cycles take forever. With my old washer, I could run 3 loads through the washer and dryer in under 2 hours. I have to babysit this machine all day if I want to do a few loads. Who says newer is better?!? Not me.

1.0 out of 5 stars After a few years I have to buy another washing machine, February 10, 2013
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
My problem is the machine messes up with its cycles. Sometimes you have to do "reset it" which means unplugging for a minute and opening and closing six times. But even then after a while it starts messing up again (won't spin, or gets confused about the cycles). This is supposed to be a great washing machine. So I'm getting an Amana since those have the least amount of complaints. And hope for the best.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two years old and I have to buy a new machine., February 10, 2014
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
I only got one good year out of this machine. After that, the machine's cycles were all screwed up. For the past year, I got around it by unplugging the entire machine, waiting a few minutes, and then plugging in again and it would work ONE TIME before screwing up again. It's only me at home, and I take great care of my things. It cost me $75. more dollars to have a guy come look at the machine and tell me the computer component failed. For the cost to replace it (and pay him MORE money to install it) I've decided to buy another brand instead. I will NEVER buy a GE again as long as I live. NOT ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I'm buying another washer after only 17 months!, April 8, 2014
Patti Stauss (Jackson, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
Bearings, motor and transmission failed at 13 months. Conveniently just out of warranty. Our service people got GE to honor warranty, but had to fix our washer 4x after that in a 2 month period! After another 2 months washer is again unbalanced, doesn't spin properly, noisy as it walks across the laundry room. I just ordered my new Whirlpool washer today. I'm done with GE appliances.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money!, July 8, 2013
MH2KE (Northwest CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
This is a horrible machine. We bought one last February as a replacement for a Hotpoint unit that died after five years (not a good testimonial, I know), but it had similar features, kind of matched the dryer, and most importantly, it would fit down the basement stairs. It has had out of balance issues since Day 1. Sheets, towels, jeans, just about anything other than socks and underwear make the damn thing dance and jump all over the place. A service call three months later revealed "nothing wrong with the machine." We needed to be more careful balancing the load and washing similar items together. I've kept a log since then and the machine is out of balance 40% of the time regardless of how careful we are. In late June, it started making this grinding sound during the wash cycle. GE tried to tell me that it was out of warranty, but fortunately I had the receipt showing that it was less than five months old. Ten days later the GE service technician explained that the tub was rubbing against some bar at the bottom of the machine..."probably damaged during shipping or installation." Huh? Then how come it took five months for the problem to appear? Of course the part needs to be ordered and they'll be back to install it at the end of the week. I'm skeptical and extremely dissatisfied. There IS something wrong with this machine! It's poorly designed, cheaply made, and a total waste of money. If you aren't convinced, I have one I'll sell you for fifty bucks and you can find out for yourself! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK!

1.0 out of 5 stars ZERO STARS!!!!! DON'T BUY IT!!!, November 20, 2014
This review is from: GE GTWP1800DWW 3.7 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer (Kitchen)
HORRIBLE!! HORRIBLE!! HORRIBLE!!!! These machines were put in our brand new apartment complex and they are HORRIBLE!! They do not spin after the wash cycle and only fill up 1/3 of the way for the rinse cycle!!!! When I called GE they said that was the way it was built to save water!!!!! Well my clothes not only smelled still, but some of our things got ripped apart!!! Now I have to be home so I can basically change the cycles manually ---- After the wash cycle is done draining, I manually switch it to the Drain and Spin after the Rinse Cycle. Then I have to put it back on the WASH cycle so the tub will fill up properly and then have to switch it to the Drain & Spin again!!! Can't even believe this machine is even sold!!!!