5.0 out of 5 stars Bright stick
Published on April 16, 2009 by Ronald C. Buck

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for reading light
I found the light very disturbing for my eyes. I now only like Full spectrum white lights. I recommend it highly.

Also u can pick this GE light at Walllllmart for $9. (here it killed me for $33)
Published on April 14, 2008 by SuperDuperMan

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright stick, April 16, 2009
This review is from: GE Lighting 12257 Bright stick instant fluorescent lighting, 25 tube, 6-ft. cord (Tools & Home Improvement)
What can I say about the bright sticks? I ordered several of these GE 12257 Bright stick instant fluorescent lighting, 25 tube, 6-ft. cord, because I use them in my kitchen under the overhead cabinets. The price is definitely right, much cheaper than full price. They arrived in fine shape although there was a bit less packing material in the box than I would have liked. Apparently it was adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars GE Light Stick, April 28, 2009
Simple solution for light without much energy. Great for use over a stove, In a laundry room or to take camping and hang for a reading or task light.
They last for four or five years if used daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product - best purchase, June 3, 2010
I've used these lamps as a reading light over my bed for years - they last about 5 years, and when the last one ran out I was recuperating at home from surgery and dreaded having no reading light and not being able to go out and buy one. Actually you can't buy these in the stores, and this was the second time I've bought one over the Internet - it worked out perfectly again - item well packed, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy light to use and it lasts for years, July 9, 2009
P. Blanton (Pittsboro, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This is the third Bright Stik I have used and they are great. I have my computer in a loft location with weird outlet placement and limited space, so this latest light is the perfect solution, and the second one I have used here. I can move it around when I change computer components and/or configurations. I also keep it plugged in to the UPS so I can always have at least one light when the power goes out - a frequent occurrence during summer thunderstorms here in the Southeast.GE 12257 Bright stick instant fluorescent lighting, 25 tube, 6-ft. cord

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, June 9, 2008
We have this product hanging in our closet and it works great! It was there when we moved in, over 4 years ago and it just burnt out. So, we took it out and did some research. We were very happy to find the same lights on Amazon and purchased another one immediately. We highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Stick, September 12, 2009
I have used the GE Bright Stick for years for more counter light. A year ago I couldn't find a replacement, so I purchased a different product -- hated it, didn't give off the light that the Bright Stick did -- so I started searching for what I wanted. Found the Bright Stick through Amazon, it was shipped quickly, arrived in good conditiion and now I'm happy again.....let there be light!!

4.0 out of 5 stars quick qood quality light, April 13, 2008
I did not actually use this item yet, but I have used other bright sticks from GE. They are easy to install and give plenty of light and have lasted years for me. This one I have as a spare. We are using one less wide for the kitchen sink area and it is a fine light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Inexpensive lamp, October 15, 2009
The lamp sets up pretty quick and provides good local light for work benches. I use it for work and set two at a time for prover inspection of product. Good value and fast solution for low light conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent transaction, June 3, 2009
Dave "Dave" (New England, USA) - See all my reviews
Product was as described, and arrived safe & sound, packed well, in a timely manner. Cost was considerably less than I could find anywhere else too.

5.0 out of 5 stars GE Bright Stick, November 14, 2010
I've used the GE Bright Sticks as under-counter lighting in our kitchen for years. Unfortunately, GE appears to be discontinuing this product in retail stores, so obtaining them online seems to be the only option. Hopefully, I will be able to continue to get them from the Internet for the foreseeable future, since the offerings in the stores will require a new set of installations in the kitchen, which I would like to postpone as long as the Bright Sticks are available.