4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing light but short-lived.
I have been using Reveal as well as other full-spectrum bulbs. I generally get these because they give off a great light and tend to be about half the price of the Verilux and other full-spectrums I like.

Published on February 15, 2009 by Stephen W. Hoffmann

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but too expensive on Amazon
Seriously. Go to Walmart and buy them for $2.88 for this exact same thing. Exact same. 60% less price. No brainer here...
Published on November 24, 2010 by T

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing light but short-lived., February 15, 2009
This review is from: GE Lighting 48689 75-Watt A19 Reveal Bulbs, 4-Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)

However, they seem to last about 2/3's as long, sometimes half as long as the Verilux and I spent the last year installing them side-by-side with the Verilux to give them equal testing in the same light array(I have a 4 bulb light array in my office and they all answer to one switch).

I do love how much easier it is on the eyes to read under this light, and everything, including my art and carpet, look much better with this.

I am reluctant to switch to compact fluorescent due to the pollution they cause and the rare earth metals that are being depleted by their use and I am starting to stockpile the incandescent bulbs and picture a time when they will only be available "speakeasy" style after the law takes effect.

Compact Florescent light is harsh, white and I find causes eye strain when reading under it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 26, 2013
I use Reveals wherever I spend the most time reading, etc. as the light is so restful. Also, more stockpiling of incandescent bulbs before they are all illegal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright as the sun, March 20, 2011
Thorvald Natvig (Palo Alto, CA USA) - See all my reviews
These provide the most natural light I've experienced in a long time. Note that the bulbs have a purple tint when they are not turned on, which may look a little odd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but too expensive on Amazon, November 24, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous white pure light, September 29, 2012
I love Reveal bulbs, I can't stand the color tones of the cfls, flourescents, and soft white. the Reveal bulbs do not last as long, but for long dark winters indoors who cares, they make your home colors stand out, and warm up the room.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great light, terrible life-span, May 22, 2013
J. Lau "j" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My light fixture requires 3 bulbs. The first box of these Reveal bulbs lasted me 11 months. The next box lasted only 2 months. I thought it was a fluke, so I bought a third box. All 4 bulbs blew out within 3 months. Time to start looking for another alternative.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken light bulbs don't work very well, December 12, 2012
Ordered a 24 pack. Four of them were delivered broken. The non-broken bulbs work fine, you simply screw them in, turn them on and light magically radiates from the bulb. ;-) so I gave an extra star for the actual working bulbs.

To be fair to the the light bulbs, the fault is in the packaging not the bulbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bulbs; however, discription a bit misleading, March 10, 2012
I love these bulbs and have used these for several years. However, Amazon should do a better job with its description of the item. These bulbs come 4 to a box. Amazon states that you are buying a 4-pack....you are NOT!!! You are buying FOUR bulbs. These retail for $5-$6 at drugstores and other retailers. The price is super inflated, given that you only get four bulbs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yea! for Amazon, May 20, 2013
We here in the Socialist state of CA have banned the sale of 100-watt incandescent light bulbs, and other wattages (like 75) are getting increasingly difficult to find, especially in the pleasant, natural light of the GE reveal bulb. I thoroughly HATE the stupid "compact-fluorescent" bulb trend/frenzy for many reasons, but mostly because they are touted as environmentally-friendly when they contain MERCURY. I would much rather spend a few more cents a year on electricity than contribute to mercury leaking from our landfills into our soil and water-supply. So glad I can continue to buy reasonably-priced incandescent bulbs on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why have these been banned?, May 5, 2013
K. Ausley (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
These are nice light bulbs. Too bad our stupid government has banned them. Buy them while there are some left. : )

UPDATE: I see some of the older reviews that say you can get these in stores for less. Well, that is no longer the case. Amazon is the only place I know of where you can still buy these. Because of changes in the law these bulbs are no longer being produced.

GE Lighting 48689 75-Watt A19 Reveal Bulbs, 4-Pack