Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 1, 2012
I spent 4 years building a production cabinet shop and installed twelve T8 four bulb florescent light fixtures that I purchased at Lowes. When the wiring was complete, I turned on the lights and instantly the radio produced a static noise that overpowered the radio. I rechecked my connections and consulted the electrician/manager at Lowes. He said that the problem could not be with the ballasts and that it sounded like a grounding problem. Back to the shop to re-check the connections to each fixture, the ground connections and power leads to the switches and even went as far as to pound in a second grounding rod for the electrical panel. Static. If I wanted to listen to music in the shop, I had to leave the lights off.
Then I decided to try these GE ballasts on one of my four circuits. It took about ten minutes to replace each one. I reconnected the power, and with the radio playing my favorite country station, I turned on the lights--no sound other than Kenny Chesney--not even the slightest interference. Sweet heaven--I can now listen to music and see what I'm working on! Its taken me a lot of time and effort to figure this out. These ballasts are the real deal. I wish I had gotten them a year ago!
Locally, these ballasts run me about $22. I had to replace 4 ballasts in garage overhead lighting in which each light use 4 F-32's. The installation was easy and the ballast was a perfect fit (always a concern).

The ballast is instant on and flicker free with absolutely no humming noise I could detect. Not much else to say about this ballast except that I bought a few more for other fixtures in my house and I would not hesitate to buy more if needed.
on August 11, 2014
Does just what is says. It was easy to replace two T-12 ballasts with this single T-8 ballast in a 4-bulb kitchen light fixture. Just follow the wiring instructions on the ballast. Lights come on immediately without any flicker.
on April 8, 2012
Very easy to install,no drilling or altering required,color of wires match the original,works as good or better than the original ballast. Ballast operates very quietly.No noticeable interference in electronic equipment. I would purchase this item again.
on August 4, 2013
I had a kitchen light fixture with 4 T-12 lamps and 2 old electromagnetic ballasts. When they started to fail, I ordered this single ballast and the T-8 lamps to match it. I rewired the fixture per the schematic on the ballast. It works perfectly.
on March 3, 2012
This ballast worked well with my four T8 bulbs and replaced the old T10 ballast, which was hard to buy bulbs for.
on May 26, 2012
This ballast was easy to install and works perfect. I found the exact ballast that came in our fluorescent light and this one was much cheaper.
on April 9, 2015
Worked great, quick delivery, item as described.
on February 26, 2015
fit perfectly
on September 20, 2011
General Electric certainly justifies its $170,030,000,000 market capitalization (as of the date of this review) with this dynamic, trend setting, industry leading florescent light ballast.

Not only does this God-product allow one who was wise enough to purchase it to provide the requisite controlled voltage to an array of four florescent tubes, it has the unmitigated, fantasmagorical, ever-so-cutting-edge, techno-orgasmic ability to do the same to...hold on to your ironic wool caps and four-packs of Kirkland brand hydrocortisone, a three florescent light array. Can you say you could handle a four way and a three way with equal aplomb? Unless you're my ex, your answer is "no."

But for my fear that our justice system would send me away until HD space costs $1.59/exabyte, I would post of a photo of me engaging in carnal filthiness with said ballast, in the 69hertz position...and I'm not sure which of us would be shinier after the encounter.

Lookit: It's a ballast that works. If you need it, buy it.