Published on May 16, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought 4 packs and had 3 out of 8 bulbs that did not work
Published 16 months ago by BB

5.0 out of 5 stars Stock up before the Incandescent Light Bulb Goes the Way of the Dinosaur, May 16, 2011
These are great light bulbs! They last long, and offer great light to read by, or support whatever it is you are doing. Stock up before the incandescent light bulb is officially illegal to sell in the United States. Amazon offers a fantastic price on these. The one shipment I received with broken bulbs (out of three shipments so far) was replaced with a one-day shipment via FedEx.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought 4 packs and had 3 out of 8 bulbs that did not work, August 20, 2013
BB (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE Lighting 97763 50/100/150-Watt 615/1540/2155-Lumen A21 3-Way Light Bulb, Soft White, 2-Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)
3 of them had broken filaments for the 100 and 150 W positions; the 50 W worked on each, so at least they can function as low light bulbs. I know buying lightbulbs through the mail might be an iffy prospect due to shipping jostling, but these were packed very well with stiff bubble wrap. I think the ones that were bad were bad before they were packaged, rather than damaged in the transport, but who knows. They were cheap and those that work balance out the costs if bought locally anyway, as sending them back would cost me more than I paid for them. I wish incandescent bulbs were not going to go away, but I know they will. Fluorescent and others trigger migraines for me, so I figure I'd better stock up while I can! I also don't like mercury in my light bulbs...

2.0 out of 5 stars One working and one dud...annoying, August 20, 2013
Received it and one of the bulbs was already dead. Not worth the time or effort to send back and get it replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks!, January 24, 2013
Amazon Customer (Lexington, KY United States) - See all my reviews
Live in California and am trying to stock up! I will separate my trash, recycle my shopping bags, refrain from plastic grocery bags, compost kitchen waste... but please-- I need to have decent lighting when I read and none of the alternative products I've tried come close to my 3-way bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars good light bulbs for three way light fixtures, June 18, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
GE Soft White 3-Way Light Bulbs are perfect for any "three-way" lamp in your household that needs a light bulb that can be adjusted to low, high or very high strength. (That's 50, 200 or 250 watts.)

Each bulb lasts just about 1,500 hours--very good!

Insert a new light bulb into the socket of the lamp (or whatever needs the light bulb) and screw it in until you feel that the bulb is snug and secure in the socket. Then turn on the lamp or whatever device you're using and--voilà! Your bulb works for the next 1,500 hours. That can be months if you're careful with your energy bill.

The bulbs stay fresh for several months at least after you buy them; this is a great feature if you need to stock up on light bulbs for any reason. Obviously, these electric light bulbs must never go near water and or any other liquid. Dispose of them carefully so that any glass won't break and hurt anyone if they walk around barefoot in the house. If you have any additional questions, you should be able to go to the GE website for information or a way to contact the company directly.

Just one thing: please remember, these are regular, incandescent light bulbs. They are not energy saving compact fluorescent light bulbs. If you need a CFL light bulb this is not it; you will have to keep looking--sorry!

Overall, these "three-way" 50/200/250 watt light bulbs by GE fit the bill very nicely even if they don't truly have a "medium light" capacity. They are economical, easy to install and remove and they stay "fresh" for months after you purchase them. They take up very little room in any closet while you're waiting to use them, too.

I highly recommend these light bulbs for any lamp or light fixture that uses bulbs of three strengths.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective - These are NOT the same GE bulbs you've been buying!, March 14, 2014
For many years I've been buying 3-way GE Soft White bulbs. I use them in all my 3-way lamps. I have no idea how long the average bulb has lasted because they needed to be changed so rarely. At least 6 months. . .maybe a year.

These bulbs last anywhere between 0 minutes and 3 HOURS. If they turn on at all, they stop working the 2nd or 3rd time they're used.

I'm not talking one or two disappointing bulbs. I've gone through bulb after bulb! Unfortunately, I didn't use any bulbs until after the return period. I hope this review helps others avoid the same mistake.

I'm disappointed that Amazon is still selling these bulbs. And I sure as heck won't purchase GE bulbs again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bulb, February 6, 2013
Have used many 3-way bulbs before and found this one to be one of the best I have ever purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light bulbs, March 12, 2013
Great lightbulbs. have a long life and give a lot of light. I use it as the only light for a lamp in my bedroom. helps light up the room really well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest Outrageous, May 22, 2013
Flyer "Outdoor Colorado" (Greenwood Village, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This clearly says that the bulbs will be a 12 pack. Instead they sent me a single bulb which is 11 bulbs short. This means a single bulb cost $24.99. Totally outrageous and dishonest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item...exactly what I wanted, September 12, 2010
The light bulbs were extrememly well packaged, and arrived very quickly. Exactly what I wanted, and at a very fair price. Thanks!!