Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Soft White 2-Pack|Style Name: 615/1540/2155 lmns|Change

on August 22, 2012
For room with cool colors and light/pale tones...(blues, greens aquas, pinks that you do not want to fade to peach, etc,)
these bulbs are invaluable.
How often has one labored over colors and custom mixing of paints... in natural daylight, only to have so much of a room look wrong at night with artificial lighting?

There are rooms, however where I find the regular soft-white better.... but it all depends...
I make all color choices in natural bright daylight....and also look at all at night with whatever the evening lighting will be in the room before making final choices.. When I am doing this if I am going to be using incandescent lighting... (and it is very difficult to light a room appropriately or make it feel inviting and cozy without it), and I always try both the Reveal and the Softlight bulbs.
(For example I have done paneled libraries where the soft-white looks best, and others where the Reveal does, and found the same with red rooms).

Whichever looks best during this process, Reveal or soft-white, is the one I will always continue to use in that room.

Three ways are wonderful for libraries, bedrooms, living rooms... wherever you need to be able to relax and read, but also might light dimmer lighting for entertaining or just conversation.

YES these are fragile bulbs, (should be stored in their boxes....they are not good for rooms where anyone bumps into lamps,) and yes I wish they would last longer, but as there is nothing else like this on the market I just wish GE would fix this! (my pet peeve is that when they start to burn out the highest of the 3 way settings burn out first... But when this happens i just move the bulbs to a lamp where the lowest only wattage works well.
on August 20, 2013
Received it and one of the bulbs was already dead. Not worth the time or effort to send back and get it replaced.
on August 20, 2013
3 of them had broken filaments for the 100 and 150 W positions; the 50 W worked on each, so at least they can function as low light bulbs. I know buying lightbulbs through the mail might be an iffy prospect due to shipping jostling, but these were packed very well with stiff bubble wrap. I think the ones that were bad were bad before they were packaged, rather than damaged in the transport, but who knows. They were cheap and those that work balance out the costs if bought locally anyway, as sending them back would cost me more than I paid for them. I wish incandescent bulbs were not going to go away, but I know they will. Fluorescent and others trigger migraines for me, so I figure I'd better stock up while I can! I also don't like mercury in my light bulbs...
on January 24, 2013
Live in California and am trying to stock up! I will separate my trash, recycle my shopping bags, refrain from plastic grocery bags, compost kitchen waste... but please-- I need to have decent lighting when I read and none of the alternative products I've tried come close to my 3-way bulbs.
on March 14, 2014
For many years I've been buying 3-way GE Soft White bulbs. I use them in all my 3-way lamps. I have no idea how long the average bulb has lasted because they needed to be changed so rarely. At least 6 months. . .maybe a year.

These bulbs last anywhere between 0 minutes and 3 HOURS. If they turn on at all, they stop working the 2nd or 3rd time they're used.

I'm not talking one or two disappointing bulbs. I've gone through bulb after bulb! Unfortunately, I didn't use any bulbs until after the return period. I hope this review helps others avoid the same mistake.

I'm disappointed that Amazon is still selling these bulbs. And I sure as heck won't purchase GE bulbs again!
VINE VOICEon May 16, 2011
These are great light bulbs! They last long, and offer great light to read by, or support whatever it is you are doing. Stock up before the incandescent light bulb is officially illegal to sell in the United States. Amazon offers a fantastic price on these. The one shipment I received with broken bulbs (out of three shipments so far) was replaced with a one-day shipment via FedEx.
66 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
Purchased these to have on hand - so far in the last two weeks I have used 4 bulbs and they are not 3-way!! Better off paying more for a single bulb in a local store so you can take it back if it doesn't work.
on February 6, 2013
Have used many 3-way bulbs before and found this one to be one of the best I have ever purchased.
on January 29, 2014
I LOVE GE Reveal lighting because it is pure white light as opposed to the "yellow" of other bulbs. What a pity the gov. made them stop manufacturing the same. Ignorance gone to seed. The new light bulbs are much more expenses AND CONTAIN MERCURY. So, the EPA must have been paid off. They exchanged one problem for a worse one!
on May 20, 2014
What can you say about a GE light bulb? After I could not buy it at Wal-Mart, and was told they no longer handle them, I turned the Amazon and got this great value. A few more bulbs than what I wanted at the time, but now I never have to worry about running out. With failing eyesight, there are still many of us senior citizens who need a strong light so we may continue to enjoy reading. Thank you GE for making it possible. Thank you to Amazon for making it available.