GE MONEY tarnishing reputation of AMAZON

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2010 9:50:28 AM PST
kroger says:
GE Money is making sure they spoil the customer satisfaction that amazon had built over years. It is sad to see that such external agents are spoiling a big brand.

Posted on May 18, 2010 6:47:50 AM PDT
D. WINKA says:
GE Money, I am afraid, is going to chase MANY PREVIOUSLY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS away from Amazon.com. GE Money has THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE in the credit card business that I have ever experienced. Now, every day, I receive some sort of RoboCaller message on my cellphone. And trying to talk to someone in their customer service area is a nightmare. Good luck in trying to reach a customer service rep who understands what you are trying to ask, and in a language that you can understand. BAD MOVE AMAZON.COM

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 5:37:15 PM PST
SeaGem says:
www.gemoney.com/amazon (this is the website)
1-866-634-8379 (this is the phone number to reach pay by phone and a customer service person)

I have dealt with this company for quite awhile, and have never missed a payment. I take advantage of their 0% interest free loans for anywhere from 3 months up to 12 months and the only time I have a problem is when I first get the loan from them. What is the problem? Simple: They always claim they send the paper statement to you but you never get it. This requires one to keep in mind the 25 day expected due date so that you can call their toll free number (listed on the amazon.com store paper card) and spend the usual 15-20 minutes being re-routed to other go-to information on how to pay your bill. I suggest that when given the opportunity to speak to a customer representative (yes, they will have an accent!) that you listen carefully to what they say. I almost missed this one by one day! The payment was due tomorrow and I knew I would have to make payment by phone (which is usually a $15 fee) but when I explained to the customer service rep that I didn't receive a paper statement yet, she waived the fee, took my payment and gave me a confirmation number. I am supposed to be getting a "copy" of the statement in the mail soon as well. Hope this helps!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 12:51:44 PM PST
P. Gleeson says:
Gemoney sucks they tell you one thing and do another I have been happy with amazon to this point and I can't blame amazon but would suggest they sever all ties with this company. Just tried pay off my account but there is a $15 dollar charge to do that. I kept typing in www.gemoney.com/amazon and 6 sites opened up but not the one to register when i called I got a woman not from USA who got tried of talking to me and transfered me over an amazon customer service person who in turned didn't know what i was talking about and transfer me back to gemoney beware beware beware not any thing you want

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 5:26:01 AM PST
D. WINKA says:
Yes, GE Money "sucks" big time. It is extremely unfornate that Amazon.com has a business relationship with them.

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 8:47:44 AM PST
RBW says:
HOW CAN YOU MAKE THESE SOBS STOPPING CALLING!!!?????!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2011 10:06:43 AM PST
D. WINKA says:
Unfortunately, you can't. GEMB uses a RoboCaller that will continue to automatically call your phone #. What I would suggest is filing a complaint with the http://www.occ.treas.gov/. Additionally, if you can, pay off your bill with them ASAP and close your account. I did, and I have peace of mind now. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 8:38:38 AM PDT
i agree. I just closed the account.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 8:39:38 AM PDT
I agree with all of this. I just closed my account.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 10:33:52 AM PDT
D. WINKA says:
Wise decision. And if you own any remaining balance, try to pay it off in full asap.

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 5:29:48 AM PDT
S. Philben says:
Worst credit card company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Not only did they not send me my card, they also never sent me a statement. So when I mistakenly used their crappy card, I never got a bill. That led to charges for late fees. So they called and I asked for a statement. Still never got one. Then I tried to call but you have to have your full card number to connect. They never sent it to me so I never had it.

I just paid in full and will never use it again!

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 11:18:42 AM PDT
siby lawson says:
Ces vrais,il mon fait la meme chose.il mon charger late fee ,alors que je nes pas recus le statement.Quant je les est appeller ,il mon dit ont envoiyer le statement le 23 ,et ses le meme jour qui est le due date? je devrais le recevoir par magi le meme jour?

/

Posted on May 4, 2011 9:54:40 AM PDT
MAC says this. When I was force-fed GE Money I can't understand why you would make such a move and not even review GE Money's track record. [Customer Support is non existent]. Just check the Internet...!!! In fact if you call any of the GE help desk business units you inevitably go to INDIA. Very bright people that "kinda" speak good English, but when it comes down to it, they simply cannot decipher what we are saying. What frustrates me the most is my time, time I have to sit on the phone waiting , and waiting and waiting And getting a payment posted to your account takes 3 to 4 days. I pay CitiBank, Bank of America, Chase, Discover, American Express accounts and almost immediately they sweep my account for payment and it's posted within 24 to 48 hours, depending on what time of the day the transaction took place. Amazon, what has happened to you?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 10:40:56 AM PDT
D. WINKA says:
I totally agree with your comments, I have had the same experiences. Unfortunately, when Amazon first offered their Amazon Card, I had no idea it would be thru GEMB. I have since paid off GEMB and will never, ever, do business with them again.

Posted on May 19, 2011 8:29:50 AM PDT
I keep getting calls from ??? about Amazon. They tell me to call a phone number. Since I never have a pencil

Posted on May 23, 2011 10:57:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2011 10:57:56 AM PDT
Dudes. If I click to make a payment on the 15th, why is the default option to have the payment go through at 11:59pm on the due date? I love amazon, but gemoney is a shady shady company. Amazon is killing its reputation.

Amazon never said it would be GEMB until I already signed up! I paid it off and closed the account for good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2011 5:11:01 AM PDT
I am now having my own problems with GE money. They are calling me and telling me I am behind in my payments? Can you have more than one type of account on amazon? I looked at my account it has a 0 balance yet they say I own money. Help! I have NEVER received a statement or any type of notification from them.

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 6:35:18 AM PDT
D. WINKA says:
Judi - My suggestion is that you file a complaint with you state banking authority, let them also submit an investigaion on your behalf. It worked for me, and I finially got GEMB OFF OF MY BACK !!!

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 11:20:50 AM PDT
I want to close the account but can't find a place to do so. Help.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 2:21:23 PM PDT
Alex A. May says:
I believe that GEMoney deliberately set things up so customers would get confused and have to pay late fees. I'll never use Amazon/GE again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 2:43:07 PM PDT
Alex A. May says:
I can't find any place to do this either. But go to http://amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html and first go to payment methods, and remove your methods of payments. Then go to Account settings/change account settings and remove everything. I don't know what else to do and I suppose they don't want anyone to know either. Just don't buy anything else from Amazon.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 5:54:19 PM PDT
I just closed my account with Amazon for the nasty and disrespectful customer service I just received for GE Money.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 6:05:38 PM PDT
I had an online payment reversed and wound up with all kinds of bogus fees. it's pretty awful. I used to love amazon but this is ridiculous

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 3:22:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2011 3:26:38 PM PST
I have a credit card with TJ maxx and I had never had a promble until GE Money took over their accounts. I just got off the BBB website and I don't understand haow they have a A+ rating with so many complanits I've seen on online...

1) twitter.com/gebanksucks
2) ge-money-bank.pissedconsumer.com › Consumer Reviews › Banks
3) wizbangblue.com/2009/02/18/ge-money-banks-lies-exposed.php
4) www.customerservicescoreboard.com/GE+Money+Bank
5) 800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-937-534-2071
6) http://rajeshbarnwal.com/2008/12/10/ge-money-card-is-the-best-credit-card-available/
7) http://johnsamanthahodge.blogspot.com/2010/03/ge-money-bank-sucks.html
8) http://creditcardforum.com/general-credit-card-talk/1668-do-all-ge-money-bank-credit-cards-suck.html
9) http://www.amazon.com/GE-MONEY-tarnishing-reputation- AMAZON/forum/Fx1RAIK0VU7BS10/Tx3RZYVIDBONPMI/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000VJX7DW

Go file a complanit, now at
http://www.bbb.org/dayton/business-reviews/credit-cards-and-plans/ge-capital-retail-bank-in-kettering-oh-5001136/file-a-complaint
atleast its a start. I think someoneone need to hit them with a law suit and put them out of business. Thats my next step if anyone wants to join me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 3:32:48 PM PST
I've had no problems with GE Money Bank. I set up my billing online and set up a minimum payment amount with my bill pay account and when I buy somthing I bump up the amount of the payment untill the Item is npayed off in 90 days or less. That way there's no charges. I think GE Money is a great oppertunity for people that want to keep their debt to available credit ratio low.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2012

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nikon D300 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Nikon D300 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) by Nikon
4.8 out of 5 stars   (232)