5.0 out of 5 stars We love this oven
Published on March 18, 2012 by Amazon Ahnold

2.0 out of 5 stars Major Flaw
Published on December 30, 2010 by Amanda Allen

2.0 out of 5 stars Major Flaw, December 30, 2010
This review is from: GE PT925SNSS Profile 30" Stainless Steel Electric Single-Double Wall Oven - Convection (Kitchen)
This oven is great in that the double oven feature works great. It is a great idea with one major design flaw. All the controls (which are electronic) for the oven are in the top door, which has a row of slots along the top for ventilation and a slot on the bottom. If you spill anything on the oven door (like we did) and it runs into these slots you will short out the entire oven. Fortunately for us our oven was only three days old and GE covered the $600 repair. If you must buy this oven buy the maximum extended warranty available unless you never anticipate spilling anything on the top door.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this oven, March 18, 2012
If you need two ovens and only have room for one, this is a great oven. Yes, the lower oven may be a little tight if you're cooking an enormous turkey, but believe me, it's plenty big for a 15 lb turkey or a big standing rib roast. Both ovens preheat very quickly, around 10 minutes. It's also really nice to have the shorter doors, so you don't have to reach over as far (compared to a standard size oven) when you're loading and unloading the ovens. We use the smaller, upper oven the most. It's plenty big for baking cookies, muffins, pizza, meat loaf, Pillsbury cresent rolls, lasagna... It's kind of like having a big, commercial quality toaster oven. In fact, we decided to get rid of our countertop toaster oven and gained back that counterspace.

Each oven also has two oven lights, located in the back corners, so you can see inside really well.

In my opinion, the cooling fan really isn't that noisy. The exhaust fan above your range, set at the lowest speed, is probably noisier.

I agree with the other reviewer regarding the possibility of spilling liquid into the electronics located inside the upper oven door. GE should have designed the upper door with a drip guard, to keep stuff from falling into the slots. I would really rate this oven 4.7 stars.

My advice if you are considering this oven is to check it out first at the appliance store (we found it installed in the display kitchens at Lowes Home Improvement). Get a good feel of the size of the ovens and the rack positions. You get one rack for the upper oven and two racks for the lower oven. Make sure that will be enough for your needs. BTW, you cannot interchange the upper and lower oven racks. Ponder it carefully. Become "one with the oven". We did this 3 times, to make sure that it could handle the types of baking we do. This is a relatively expensive oven, so make sure it will fit your needs.

Again, we love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars False claims, August 16, 2012
I was very excited to have found this double oven which would fit in the space of a single. It seemed like the ideal solution, but I questioned the claims about it being able to accommodate a 22-pound turkey. We do entertain for the holidays, so the ability to cook a large bird is important to us. Rather than make a spontaneous purchase on this item, I decided to take the time to research myself. Crazy as it sounds, false advertising really irks me enough so that I literally went into a showroom with my own personal turkey roaster (All Clad 16 x 12 x 4, AND a 15-lb turkey. (much smaller than a 22 lb bird). I set the turkey in the bottom of the pan - not even on the roasting rack - on the lowest rack in the oven, and it nearly touched the upper elements. Needless to say, we have purchased a different unit. I am disappointed about the misleading description - buyer beware. I have posted two photos, but I don't know whether Amazon is linking them to this commentary, or whether they will appear separately. If someone has successfully cooked a large bird in this oven without issue, I'd like to know how.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Defect with Lower Oven, November 18, 2011
e p (englewood, nj United States) - See all my reviews
The bottom rack in the lower oven cannot slide straight out without hitting the door and gasket - you need to tilt and lift the rack with the steaming, splattering hot turkey on it, and the turkey slides off the rear of the rack and into the oven. This is because the rack is too low. Nowhere is this mentioned in the instruction manual. To explain, when cooking a large turkey (18 lbs), you're instructed to use the offset rack in the bottom (A) position. However, you cannot slide the rack all the way out because the rack hits the oven door, particularly the gasket which is bad. Also, the rack bows with the heat and weight and ends up getting caught in the heating element, which further makes it very difficult to get the turkey out. There is no weight restriction listed for this rack; indeed, the owners manual describes an 18-20 lb turkey! I cannot recommend this oven for this reason. GE has refused to recognize that this is a design defect and so far has refused to do anything for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy oven, June 9, 2011
The oven works ok but has a major design flaw. As soon as the oven is turned on (either oven) a cooling fan starts running. It circulates air around the outside of the oven and exhausts the air out the bottom slot. No, this is not the convection oven fan.

The cooling fan is NOT quiet. It runs continuously throughout the cooking cycle and continues to run for several minutes after the oven is turned off. It is about as loud as the exhaust fan on my downdraft jenn-air cooktop.

The secondary issue is that with all this oven cooling, that excess heat has to go somewhere. It heats the kitchen!

I would certainly not have purchased this oven had I known about these issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go to Home Depot and read over a hundred reviews of this unit and you’ll see how many people love it. I have a full size stove a, October 23, 2014
Richard A. Wilson (Los Gatos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Yep, all of the criticisms about the rack hitting the gasket and that you have to left it etc. and that it should be back lite and that you really can’t cook a 22lb turkey are true. But, if you are aware of these minor issues and you know this going in then this is an outstanding unit. Go to Home Depot and read over a hundred reviews of this unit and you’ll see how many people love it. I have a full size stove and my thought was to use this unit as a backup during the holidays and for big dinner events. But, I have found that I use the upper small oven almost exclusively. It heats up to 350 in 4 minutes and holds a perfect 350 according to my oven thermometer. Yes, the racks hitting the gasket are a bit of a pain and yes you have to left them to pull out but it’s not that big of a deal. If I had to do it again I would buy this unit every time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ge self clean function fries the control panel, November 4, 2013
My Ge profile oven fried when we used the self clean feature. 1000 to repair it and the guy said you should only clean these ovens the old fashioned way. The self clean always fries the control panel. Won't be buying another Ge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great double oven!, September 29, 2013
mjp (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
During the holiday get togethers we never seemed to have enough oven to prepare all of the dishes. We wanted a double oven as a part of our kitchen remodel, but a full size double oven wasn't an option. We saw this one at Lowes and we decided that this might be a good option. We have used it for several months now and we love it. It is plenty big enough for us and it will cook a turkey big enough for our needs (~15 adults). Plus we saved money with the mail order price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, January 9, 2015
Boost your experience with this space-saving built-in oven. It looks gorgeous and energy-efficient too. It's a great buy afterall.

4.0 out of 5 stars look at other reviews on homedepot/sears, April 19, 2014
I cannot understand these reviews on Amazon? I looked at the reviews on Homedepot and Sears and there were rave reviews. I have not used this oven but I did have a GE range with double ovens and it was fantastic.
Amazon has the best price for this oven. When I am ready to buy I will buy from Amazon