4.0 out of 5 stars Don't overlook the obvious...
Published on April 26, 2012 by John Williamson

1.0 out of 5 stars Not performing as promised
This unit failed to suppress the interference as promised. Units were installed as directed with no noticeable change in reception.
Published on August 12, 2012 by howeroyt

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't overlook the obvious..., April 26, 2012
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
If you have always-on DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) Internet service with a DSL modem and are reading this, you probably already a DSL filter on your phone line. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) should have already provided them, but they can sometimes slip up, or you may have added a new phone and plugged it into the jack without thinking about it. Keeping it simple, this GE DSL Phone Line Filter can help cure a number of phone ills. If you have a wireless modem used to connect a new notebook computer or Kindle Fire and are running into interrupted connections, chances are that you either don't have one of these on one of your phones, or (and this isn't common) your old one has konked out.

You should install a DSL filters on:

* Standard Telephones
* Modems and phones sharing the same jack (phone side only)
* Connected phone devices such as answering machines and Fax machines

Do not install DSL filters on:

* Modems
* Empty phone jacks

Installing a DSL filter on your modem will interferes with your high-speed Internet service, so just don't do it. They go on the phone lines only. Just install it into your standard RJ11 phone jack, then plug the phone wire into the DSL filter. You'll see that it's even labeled on the filter itself... it couldn't be easier.

If your phone line is hissing and crackling and your DSL Internet connection becomes intermittent, this is the first step to curing the problem. If you install one of these and still have the problem, chances are that your outside phone service box has issues, such as corrosion on the lines, and in that case you may have to call your service technician.

This may be the most inexpensive way to cure the problems listed above, so don't overlook the obvious, when it may be simple to correct.

4/26/2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do, what else doyou want?, March 24, 2011
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
I've had DSL for a while, and recently connected a phone to an old jack in my bedroom. This jack has ancient wiring, and when the reception on an old corless phone I plugged in was very staticy and inconsistent I initially attributed it to wiring. Around this time my wireless DSL started "disconnecting" randomly. I researched the issue and discoverd that a filter is required on all phone lines and that that was likely the cause of the static as well. I had tried several phones and finally bought an old corded wall phone. We this affordable little gizmo solved all of my problems. The bedroom phone is now crystal clear and my wireless internet no longer disconnects randomly. Problem solved. If your looking for something to solve a similar problem, this is your gizmo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye static, April 7, 2011
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
After purchasing a new cordless phone and reading the instructions, I found out I should have a DSL phone line filter. We had previously had static so I installed this. I already had a splitter for the two phones on my desk, one cordless, one a landline; so I just plugged this into the splitter and both lines have been crystal clear since then.
So this has proven to be an effective device, for not just one but two phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars DSL filters from GE are most excellent, July 13, 2011
P. Brown (St. Paul, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
The price and quality of these GE DSL filters is an excellent combination. My phones sound crystal clear now that the DSL filters are in place. I would recommend these filters.

4.0 out of 5 stars A DSL necessity, January 29, 2013
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
It never occurred to me that these little units don't last forever, they don't. You need to replace them every few years or so, so you might as well get a stash to change out when your DSL gets wonky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, May 23, 2012
Rose Bud "home theater" (Jersey Shore, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
Works as intended so I do not need to power off or pull the plug out from a power strip, fast shipping too.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, November 29, 2012
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
i needed a filter for my fax in order for it to function properly but my cable provider told me that it was not something they provided. So i went online and found a very reasonably priced filter that works great. yay :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed incoming call issues, September 4, 2013
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
Replaced 4 filters due to not being able to receive incoming calls on my home phone and this fixed the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is awesome, November 24, 2012
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
It works reallly good with line and easy to install. I suggest this product my family and friends alike. It is awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars DSL Filter, October 22, 2012
L. Carpenter (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE DSL Phone Line Filter (76249) (Office Product)
First time order with 11th St. Wireless for 2 DSL phone filters.
Very happy I did. Received product one day earlier than scheduled.
The price of the filters were very reasonable.
Next time I need a product they sale I'll be sure to order from them.

L.W. Carpenter